Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 vs GT3 - the age old dilemma - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 vs GT3 - the age old dilemma

Davswilson

I would imagine the S4 to be a comfortable, more luxurious car and the GT3 to feel more basic inside and a bit stripped out, more driver focused. Much like the V8 GT vs V8 SE. The GT wasn't much lighter but it felt it somehow.

The S4 was Lotus's flagship car at the time whereas the GT3 was a move back to basics. I'd be amazed if that didn't show through in the way they drove.

Jonny,

They certainly have a different feel to them and what you describe is about right. GT3 is not stripped out though (I wish it was) but does feel a little more sporty over the S4.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I assume what is meant that they all handle and perform very well and as said earlier on the road under absolute non extreme track type driving there isnt a great deal between all the later models. At a guess..

• Like 1

In what respect?

Trevor.

A couple of kilos here and there on an already lardy, slightly wobbly chassis, combined with a few degrees of geometry differences all add up to the placebo effect. They're the same car.

post-16074-0-73564400-1406069415.jpg

More S4 lovelyness.

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

So how does that work then?

Wishful thinking obviously, GT3 is rarer so will be worth more in the long run, also gets favorable reviews in articles :smoke:

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Naturally most people will own the model they prefer. So the vote's a foregone conclusion because the S4 is so common. :-P

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Being a GT3 owner I may be bias, but I do prefer my model to the S4. I'm not a lover of the half way up the gate spoiler, but prefer my S4s version on my car. I have the early dash, one of the last before the face lift, but the dash pod is unique to the Esprit, no other car had a dash like it, also I like plenty of dials. The S4s is perhaps the worst dash with the walnut wood, straight out of a Rover 75, doesn't suit the car.

Performance wise I doubt there is much in the two models. Mines been chipped, race injectors, performance exhaust, uprated suspension so it no snail when performance is required. Regarding value, I've read classic mag articles stating the GT3 is the model to go for as a future classic, the cost now is low, but they are rising well.

The only thing I don't like on both models are the wheels, nice spoke pattern, but never thought they were big enough to fill the wheel arches, one of the reasons I bought mine as it had the late V8 wheels.

I'm not keen on the GT3 decals as well, not so much the design, but the harshness of the design being in a dark colour. That's why I intend to get a set made sometime in the future in the car colour, but a matt version, so it's very subtle.

7933002322_1d4b66a7c7_b.jpg

Edited by OwenGT3