Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Famous Lotus owners - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Famous Lotus owners

Think Mark Thatcher married a Texas millionares daughter and had a Lotus dealership in Texas (or it belonged to his father in law and he worked there as a salesman). :rolleyes:

Fled the US facing a criminal charge to South Africa :lol:

Acused there of being involved in an attempted uprising to overthrow the govenment or something like that? :lol:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Mr Thatcher was a naughty boy, involved with brokering some dodgy arms deal if I remember correctly...

BTW - My car's original owner was almost famous - Jody Schecter's (70's F1 driver, Wayne I'm sure can elaborate) brother...

Edited by markt

Didn't Mark Thatcher work for Lotus in the early/mid 80's?

Also that 'Cad' James Hewitt?!?.................they don't half pick 'um! ..........Kimbers?........................

Yep, he worked for Lotus as a contractor putting together business partnerships. I think he was classified as an advisor. Basically he knew alot of the right people.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

If INfamous counts, then there's also Slade! :P

Bums are always on the lookout for me you know :P

(the English definition and the American :P)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

• 8 months later...

malcom in the middle was one and then sold it to the co-star (francis) also some famous director who actually watched the films on set in the esprit from a video player in the glove box, (thanx to cribs lol)

i dont think there are any famous owners nowadays as they all own rari's and lambos. and why not if you have the cash lol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

An S4 i think, seem to remember it hitting the used Esprit market in

not too good a shape, but i could be wrong...

gary rhodes's I'm told its mine but not convinced!! Its medina green and I thought his was yellow!!!

ISTR Keith out of the Prodigy tried a V8 and pronounced it tame sounding, and went with a TVR instead.

If you expand it to Exiges then Nick Heidfeld has one, and Adrian Newey used to have a mad 300hp elise. I like to think that if there had been an esprit available for sale, they would have gone with that instead. Still, Nick has gone up in my estimation, maybe I'll stop referring to him as Wendlinger :rant:

Scraping the barrel now, but obviously Mario Andretti owned/owns one, Ronnie Petersen had one, did Elio De Angelis? And did Mr Bamforth (of JCB fame ) own one in the 80's?

• 4 months later...

As a kid i seem to remember the start to a Noel Edmunds presented program - the opening sequence involved him flying his helicopter and then driving his silver S3 Turbo! Can't remeber what TV program it was but needless to say it pre-dated the House Party!!

Can anyone think of anybody else famous how has owned an Esprit? Noel Edmunds is probably not the coolest ambassador for the Esprit!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I rememberthat show.Imight be wrong ,Was it called the late late breakfast show .might be wrong ,But i do rember the car for some strange reason i thought it was red .i think it was x reg ,Which would make it a dry sump car.Could of asked a friend of mine who moved his wife a couple of years ago ......LOL.Cheers Mike

• 1 month later...

Not in the same league as some but however,,,,,,,,,

Richard Attenborough, gave us an award for charity work

Jim Watt, Scottish boxer

Julie Edge

Alexandra Bastedo, actress, stunning by the way

Jim Clark when I went to Earlston School, 10 miles from Duns

Duke of Edinburgh, Duke of Edinburgh's Gold award when I was a boy Soldier

Sean Connery, Playhouse theatre Edinburgh

Prince Charles when he got his Parachute wings, he only did one jump, you have to do 8 to qualify

Bill Speakman VC, now lives in Australia I think

Rambahadur Limbu VC, Ghurka, small quiet man but deadly

Billy Connolly when he was Parachute regiment TA

The Corries when they were the Corrie Folk Trio, used to play in pubs around the Borders

Quite recently Ken Livingstone on my Sons medal presentation parade when he came back from Afghanistan

Not in chronolgical order, just as they came to mind

• 4 weeks later...

Mine's famous! It's the only Esprit registered in the what they call the Mid north coast of NSW which covers 7911 sq km.

I was in our local Repco store last week, when I replied to the question "what car", "oh youv'e got the red one.

Roger :o

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)