Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Knocking from the rear when driving with passenger - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Knocking from the rear when driving with passenger

I have a bit of a tricky problem on my Esprit S2...

When driving with a passenger in the car I can hear a knocking sound from the rear, it is a rythmic knocking that follows the speed of the car and is more prominent in low speeds. Yesterday it seemed to fade after a while but then returned, note that it does not cause any form of vibrations or similar, just a knocking sound.

The UJ's are replaced not that long ago, same goes for the bearings, and I have also replaced the sliding pins on the calipers and checked for loose pads.

I have tried to provoke the car and put it under load when driving without passanger, but have not this far beeing able to recreate it. strange, isn't it?

Any ideas????

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Anders,

I have no idea, so I hope someone will come up.

I have the same with my S2.2.

With a passenger and while turning slowly to the right I have this knocking sound ( It is speed dependent) When driving straight, I hear nothing, unless one time , when I was very heavy loaded ( passenger of 100+kg and car fully loaded with camping material (drive to lotus festival) I could hear it  when driving slowly straight .

I am still searching.

Geert

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Same here... I am also searching for that noise for about 5 years now, still have´t found it yet. Appears with a ( > 80kg) passenger and / or some luggage.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 years later...