Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Face lifted Evora - Page 5 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Face lifted Evora

diego

Aggressive engine characteristics you mean? Styling wise it needs to remain smooth, sofosticated etc I think. That will enable it to stand the test of time. The excite is great but only appeals to the small boy in is all from a looks perspective.

stu

I hope not! If there is an off shoot then yes, like a limited run of more aggressive gt4 style cars when compared to Porsche. Basically a range of evoras but not getting rid of the current look.

Stu

I really hope that the new evora will be very different between the actual one, very aggressive and luxury like a lamb for example....

The Evora is no alternative to a Lamborghini at all. They are very different cars. Different price, different power, different prestige, etc.

The Evora is an 911 alternative. A daily driver sports car. The 911 has always been about evolution rather than revolution.

Guess who's going to Geneva to see it in the flesh? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :thumbsup::bounce:

And then guess who's going out on the piss in Geneva that night? Meeeeeeeeee!

and then guess who's gonna throw up in the plane? meeeeeeeeee.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Im 38, in my opinion THE lotus car was the esprit... that was as beautifull as a countach!

I know that lotus isnt in the same range of lambo but, for me, the design of new lotus must be modern like lambo for exampleI dont think the evora eill be like the porsche carreta, an icon of the brand... the lotus icon is the esprit for me and its a shame the lotus won't build the new esprit!!!

In some of those pictures, if you look either side of the front "mouth" intake, you can clearly see a series of round holes in what are presumably disguise panels. Behind these, you can see the same wire mesh that covers the mouth. I'm pretty sure this means a couple of very large intakes either side of the mouth, more like the Mansory/GTE design.

Guess who's going to Geneva to see it in the flesh? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :thumbsup::bounce:

And then guess who's going out on the piss in Geneva that night? Meeeeeeeeee!

Guess who's planning the same but will be wearing a fake moustache and cunning disguise just in case some drunk oaf from Norfolk attempts exchanging conversation in a public place?

Although the shape of the 'mouth' is different from the front it is just disguise as in a couple of shots the mesh can be seen to be larger.  I even like the different mouth shape from these shots.  The 9 round holes to left and right front do seem to be covering larger intakes with LED's at the top of them as somebody said.  I like the look of the rear spoiler as well and it seems to have almost a built in Gurney flap in the styling.

I assume everybody noticed that it is 2 different cars and not just because of the red light.  I see the door handle recesses are a red car (red light) and a dark green or black and the V-Logic data logger thing is obviously positioned differently so maybe being used for different things.

The LEGS contingent is arriving en-masse in Geneva for a day visit during the show.  About 10 or 12 at the last count.  As big supporters of the Evora from the launch we had to really.  It was in the contract.....  I'm certainly hoping for a more aggressive front end but still as evolution. Porsche with everything and Audi with R8/TT have managed it with a good starting point so hopefully so will Lotus.  It will help existing owners for sure.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I'm fascinated by this car. Hope they've done enough to make it easier to live with. Sounds like they've corrected the major issues. Looking forward to seeing the results in March.

Hmmmm Mr Advantage, don't worry, I know that's a joke. If you saw me you'd throw yourself at me and smother me with Kisses, right?

All booked up for Monday 9th and 10th! Woohoo!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Oh no..................not the 9th......................... :cheers::wine:

By yourself or taking the old man?

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hell no!  :no Would be a good trip though!

Nope, we are doing a day trip by Sleasy Jet from Edinburgh.  Great flight times over for soon after opening and then return is about 2 hours after it closes so ideal.  All for <£100 inc. car parking! :thumbsup:

Nope Al, its business. Am with the Company.

Two more thoughts on the test car in the pictures:

They seem to have changed, or hidden the two ugly rear number plate lamps. I hope so...

Is the change around the centre of the rear wing an opportunity for Lotus to fix the problem of water pooled in the lower rear window vent from pouring into the boot when it's opened?

Two more thoughts on the test car in the pictures:

They seem to have changed, or hidden the two ugly rear number plate lamps. I hope so...

Is the change around the centre of the rear wing an opportunity for Lotus to fix the problem of water pooled in the lower rear window vent from pouring into the boot when it's opened?

I don't recall that happening.