Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 56 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Never say never Ian !  My v8 gives me a bigger grin than the four pot did and have been offered more than the standard S3 price on plenty of occasions. :)

A modern BMW or Audi V10 would be mind blowing, it is just the 7k plus for a decent used engine that puts me off doing one !

A

*the seed has been planted*

I heard Lotus used to make a V8, perhaps that one would fit?

I'll make myself scarce now. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Nope @ian29gte won't be doing an engine transplant.

hes not daft and realises that the 4 pot is the true Dna of the esprit. Also far better, superior and many times cheaper to maintain whilst being infinitely more reliable ?

Only here once

4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Nope @ian29gte won't be doing an engine transplant.

hes not daft and realises that the 4 pot is the true Dna of the esprit. Also far better, superior and many times cheaper to maintain whilst being infinitely more reliable ?

Just because you said that, a crack is now working its way through your exhaust manifold. :)

Edit: I am however inclined to agree. Even if I've been driving the v8 disproportionately much this year... 

• Like 1

HA HA HA nice one Vanya! Don't worry, if it's not the manifold the car will find some other way to go bang or wrong. Barry only buys Esprits if they make barking noises when he views them...

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Vanya said:

Just because you said that, a crack is now working its way through your exhaust manifold. :)

At least there's only one to change.............. 

• Like 1

Only here once

36 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

At least there's only one to change.............. 

How's your chargecooler impeller nowadays? :D

• Like 2

Yes, I can just hear the conversation now...............

Me:-

"I'd like to re-insure my Esprit that had an agreed value of £35k last year. Slight change, though, I've junked the Lotus engine and dropped a (insert engine of you choice here, it really doesn't matter which one) in because someone on a forum thought it would be better."

Insurance broker:-

"Sorry sir, we can't agree that value now, and in any case we'll have to increase your premium because the car had been heavily modified and is non-standard."

So, it's just not going to work, is it? Changing the engine destroys the car's originality, its value, and restricts your resale market. It ain't gonna happen to my car, not on my watch, anyway.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, Vanya said:

How's your chargecooler impeller nowadays? :D

Probably in need of some love and attention no doubt. What about your two low slung turbo chargers, wastegates and turbo pipe :rofl:

no-one and I mean no-one is allowed to mention v8 head gaskets :whistle:

Only here once

3 minutes ago, Vanya said:

Oooh don't mention the gearbox, Alan, that's a bit like scoring an own goal for us V8 owners...

Gulp. Indeed, I haven't fixed the hole in my end case yet...

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

What about your two low slung turbo chargers, wastegates and turbo pipe :rofl:

Glistening magnificently, thank you for asking... 

IMG_0743.JPG

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Yeah, I've got a free hour.  Think I'll go and change my turbo pipes.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Not as low as V8 turbos.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hey, while you're on there could you check how much they want for an ABS Pressure Switch?

Oh...wait.... 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Almost as much of a bargain as a certain green s4s :lol:

I'm thanking my lucky stars it's not a clutch for a v8 @swindon_alan.

on the flip side - the clutch has arrived in a Valeo box with the labels ripped off. Fancy some cross ref searching Alan ?? I bet it's a standard kit for a Renault 

Only here once