Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Day at the Grampian Transport Museum - Sunday 2nd August 2015 - Page 5 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Day at the Grampian Transport Museum - Sunday 2nd August 2015

Cheers Andy look forward to catching up at the weekend . We are traveling up on Saturday staying over in Tarland .

Hi Gordon sorry for not getting back to you not sure which car I will bring up.

Make: Lotus

Model: Esprit V8

Owner: Andrew C Laing

Year: 2002

Reg: S100 ACL

Layout: Mid Engined

Capacity: 3.5lt 350bhp

Weight: 1250kg

Power: 350bhp

Top Speed: 175

0-60mph: 4.5s

Model: Exige V6 S

Owner: Andrew C Laing

Year: 2013

Reg: E6 ACL

Capacity: 3500

Weight: 1140kg

Power: 345bhp

Top Speed: 175

0-60mph: 3.8 s

Andrew

Up dated info

• Gold FFM

Andrew, I could pop over for the V8 if you like but it may be a while before you get it back.

Details below, Static display.

Model: Evora NA - Ardent Red
Owner: Andy Corkhill
Year: 2010
Reg: C8RKH
Capacity: 3456cc
Weight: 1383 kg 3049 Ib
Power: 276 BHP - 280PS @ 6400 RPM
Top Speed: 163 mph (262 km/h)
0-60mph: 4.8s

Close Ratio Gearbox, Decat pipe, Lotus Sports Stage 1 Exhaust, GTN Barge Boards

Owned Since April 2015

post-18801-0-32369500-1438248094.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Mine seems to have been missed...

Just confirming my attendance and spec as requested.

Make - Lotus
Model - Exige S Performance Sports Touring
Owner - Ross Lyall
Year - 2008
Reg - R55 EXG
Engine Config - Inline 4 Supercharged DOHC, TRD Airbox, 2Bular Back Box

Schroth Harnesses
Engine cc - 1.8L
Weight - 930KG
Power - 243ps
Top Speed - 150 tuts
0-60 mph - 4ish
Details and History of the Car...
Former owner kept as garage queen probably one of the lowest mileage S2 Exiges around. picked up at 2700 miles in Feb this year, now at well into the 5k realm and loosening up nicely, Its loving being used 'properly'!

Hi Gordon, sorry for the delay. The details of my car for the static display are as follows :

Make Lotus
Model. Evora GTE
Owner. Alan Ferguson
Year. 2012
Reg. AU61 CEV
Engine Config Mid engined
Engine Capacity  3456cc
Power. 345hp
Top Speed  172mph
0-60 mph 4,6s

post-8859-0-51220100-1438251511.jpg

Gordon, this probably a larger picture. Other one was small i think.

post-18801-0-09581100-1438285928.jpg

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ok, windscreen fitted, clam back on and I'm in :)

Would be happy to do track runs too if there is space.

Model: Elise
Owner: Chris Hall
Year: 1998
Reg: R654 HSF
Engine Config: Transverse Mid-Engine RWD 4 Cylinder
Engine cc: 1796
Weight: 750 kg 
Power: 145 BHP
Top Speed: 126mph
0-60 mph: 5.7 secs 
Details and History of the Car:
   Roulette Green
   Originally silver with red leather
   Owned for 8 years
   Just been through a full suspension rebuilt
Modifications: 
Sabre heads Stage 1, Full Stainless Exhaust Inc. 4-2-1 Manifold, K&N Air Filter, Close Ratio Gearbox, Light Weight Flywheel, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, S2 Suspension, Rota Slipstream Alloys

IMG_7651_zpsdd31fa4a.jpg

Great effort guys thanks!

Loving that pic by the way Chris.

I will update you with any final details once I have spoken to GTM tomorrow.

Remember if you have additional guests comming that are to passengers in your cars, give me their names and I will let them GTM know they are with us.

See you all Sunday :)

Gordon - can you confirm what entrance we use?  I know you had said "east gate" but I have only been to GTM once for a speedfest about 5 years ago so no idea of the layout etc.

Thanks

The small print.

I am now going to have to change my status to 'tentative' for this as I've gone and done my back in and can't get an osteopath appointment until tomorrow. I'll need to judge after that whether I'm fit enough to make the drive up and back (turning into an old man  :( )

For anyone who hasn't been to GTM before, this is layout of the area.

People coming from Aberdeen will be on the A944 heading West.

When you arrive in Alford, the East Gate should be the second major turning on the right which is opposite the Vale Hotel.

As I recall, there is also be a brown "attractions" sign pointing to the right for Railway.

When you enter the area via the East Gate, follow the road along past the green building on the left and then the grandstand on your right.

I will be there by 11:00 to get everyone parked up in the areas for static display and track runs.

Looking forward to a great day.

Cheers

Gordon

post-237-0-96885000-1438344648.jpg

Hi folks,

Quick update on the Plans for Sunday.

Access to the track area will be available between 11:00 and 12:00 with the cars rides taking place from 14:00.

Entry to the paddock is via the East gate opposite the Vale Hotel. The cars will be parked in the area to the rear of the grand stand.

We have to get the cars set up in the static display area and there will be the usual safety briefings to take place before the public are allowed into the paddock area.

Tea and coffee will be available at the track and the café in the museum will be open from about 10:30.

After the safety briefings we will have the opportunity to “check the track” before taking the public out.

PLEASE NOTE:

This is a “fun day” not a “track day”. The track is small and there is not much in the way of a run off area.

When it comes to taking the members of the public out, we are responsible for their safety.  

• Gold FFM

Hi Gordon, looks like the biggest turnout yet. Hope you all have a great day. Sorry i am going to miss it.

Gordon,

My son will be coming with us, but not in our car. His name is Patrick Cooper and he will turn up at the normal public gate, if he can be let in, If I'm too late with that request then no problem.

Thanks,

Stewart

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne, and with regret, 'I'm out'. Gutted to be missing this. Was looking forward to blagging a few passenger rides myself. Enjoy folks and hopefully I'll be fit enough for the next one.

Alan

Weather looking decent and good to go :)

post-237-0-87224200-1438467529.jpg

post-237-0-66188700-1438467579.jpg

post-237-0-32487100-1438467612.jpg

Good luck all with weather and putting on a good show.

I had hoped I may be able to squeeze this in at short notice as due back from Canada (Business) on Friday but thanks to Air Canada Muppets didn't get in the door until tonight and although coming up to Aberdeen tomorrow evening it is asking to much to squeeze this in.  Should be around next year though if we keep the same date.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Good luck all with weather and putting on a good show.

I had hoped I may be able to squeeze this in at short notice as due back from Canada (Business) on Friday but thanks to Air Canada Muppets didn't get in the door until tonight and although coming up to Aberdeen tomorrow evening it is asking to much to squeeze this in. Should be around next year though if we keep the same date.

Never to late for a quick blast up the road Al and you wouldn't need to be here until about 2 pm if you fancy a few public rides?????

Promise to take some pictures of you on the track this time. :)

Final call for any other people who would like to join us, please come along if you can.

Mark Rigby has also arranged for our official TLF photographer, Callum Grant to come along so you might get some nice pictures of your car on the track.

You might know Callum from the video he did for TLF a couple of years back at Speedfest.......

Never to late for a quick blast up the road Al and you wouldn't need to be here until about 2 pm if you fancy a few public rides?????

Promise to take some pictures of you on the track this time. :)

Believe me, I'd love to Gordon but hardly time in life to have a $h*t these days and would push things too far.  

Anyway after 2 years of promises why should I believe you? :harhar:  I have now bought a professional set of the car at the Speedfest though so happy.  Thanks to John Stewart at Flat out Photography for the 2 below.

post-7988-0-44711900-1438519045.jpg

post-7988-0-03102800-1438519043.jpg

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023