Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 16 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

For what it is worth Gav, I think your's is the most stunning, of all the stunning GTE's - I just think your blue and cognac just works so nice. Really classy. Top job mate.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Mine's a third car, so doesn't get used for the daily grind. Most of my drives in it are just for a bit of fun when the weather's nice, rather than with any actual destination in mind. I'll still use it on nice days during the winter, but I'll probably only cover about 2000-odd miles in it during the first year. For the rest of the time it relaxes in the garage in its ventilated "Cair-o-Port" air chamber, wired up to a C-Tek. It's very pampered.

For what it is worth Gav, I think your's is the most stunning, of all the stunning GTE's - I just think your blue and cognac just works so nice. Really classy. Top job mate.

You're off my Christmas card list :-)

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Aye, but I really don't want to park next to a bunch of gorgeous Lotus cars in the old Saab estate I use for ferrying my demented Weimaraner around in. :lol:

The back seats of an Evora are great for carrying your dog! (If in doubt your dog could call mine to proof.... ;-)

• Like 1

It's amazing that 13 of these 20 cars do/did belong to members on here (12 currently + the ex adfer #10 for sale at Murrays). I think Lotus needs to thank TLF for doing all the promotion for them!

There are just a few small gaps to complete the list as follows. Can anyone help fill them in?

#3: UK reg.

#13: gearbox & UK reg.

#14: UK reg.

#16: gearbox

#17: UK reg. (if already registered)

#18: country

#19: country

pretty sure car 16 is IPS gearbox

car 18 is out in Dubai 

And I'm not so sure car 19 is white, I have a feeling it is black with a silver stripe, IPS, sportracer interior

You can see it in the background of this picture-

11709700_10204745109564841_7846268783376

Edited by TheKevlarKid

More updates for you.

Car 16 is Simon’s IPS gbox

Car 18 went to theMiddle East/ Mars Gold / IPS gbox

Car 19 Starlight light black /Sports Racer interior/Manual gbox

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hope I have things right

01 CH                                          Blue                  Cognac             LHD   IPS      2+2

02 UK      21gg_                         Blue                  Cognac              RHD   IPS      2+2       21GG

03 UK      domguy                      Black & Gold     Black                 RHD   IPS      2+0        AU64 CJV

04 UK      LotusLeftLotusRight Starlight Black   Sports Racer        LHD   MAN     2+2        X4GTE

05 HK      Sold                             Solar Yellow      Sports Racer     RHD   IPS      2+0

06 HK      Sold                             Starlight             Sports Racer     RHD   MAN    2+0

07 CH      Sold                            Sport Yellow      Sports Racer      LHD   MAN     2+0

08 UK      bingoking                    Black & Gold     Venom                RHD   MAN    2+0       FII0TUS

09 UK       adfer                           Carbon              Carbon              LHD   IPS       2+0      L7VGT

10 UK      AVAILABLE                  Black                Sports Racer     RHD   IPS      2+2       AU61CEV

11 DE      TBD                             Aspen White      Sports Racer     LHD   MAN     2+0       HH-TD462

12 HK      Sold                             Aspen White      Sports Racer     RHD   IPS       2+0

13 UK      JeffK                            Military Grey     Black/Alcantara  RHD  IPS       2+0      J 1000

14 UK     Trevsked                     Metallic White   Sports Racer        LHD   IPS        2+0      V60 GTE

15 UK     TheKevlarKid             Arctic Silver        Black/Alcantara  LHD   MAN     2+0       NO15GTE

16 UK      sizona                         Arctic Silver       Sports Racer      LHD    IPS            2+0       LOT3S

17 UK       adfer                          Aspen White      Sports Racer      LHD    IPS       2+0

18 AE       Sold                             Gold/Red           Sports Racer     LHD   IPS      2+0

19 ??       Sold                             Black                 Sports Racer     LHD   MAN      2+0

20 UK     Ishy                         Motorsport Green    Black/Alcantara  LHD   IPS      2+0        NR20GT

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I find it kinda funny that the majority of the desirable GTE cars are 2+0, just as they should be. Yet the majority of Evora owners seem to want to the 2+2.

I wonder, in the main, just how often are the +2 seats really actually used?

I'll take heart though in the fact that that my 2+0 is the same as the majority of the GTE's - it's a loose Halo I know, but close enough for me!  :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Do we know which Canton's the Swiss cars were delivered to?

The seating arrangement was fixed at manufacture and couldn't be changed. Im guessing as the concept  was more of a sports car than GT car that's why they did them as 2+0, presumabley to help keep the weight down as well? I wanted a 2+2 as I have a 4 year lad and yes he has been in the back at times as have some of my friends for short journies. Also wanted a RHD as its my main car, all that left me with a choice of 2 cars! 

Ultimately I think it is less of an issue as most people have them as 2nd/3rd cars, more so than the normal Evoras.

Cheers for the compliment Andy, like I said, I only had a choice of two, Blue or Black so the choice wasn't that hard, even easier when I took the supplying dealers into account.

Gav

• Like 1

Fair points Gavin. I think it is nice the Evora has the option of +0 and +2, maybe nicer if it was easier to "convert" the standsrd cars between the two - I mean in Evora 1, as far as I am aware the seats where just velcroed in anyway and the seat belt anchor points could be fitted at build time regardless of config.

At the end of the day, my kids are young adults, and I do appreciate that others, like LuckyLady use their Evora for the school run etc.

Just shows what great,versatile and adaptable cars they are really.

The small print.

No, they should make the roof fold into the space and turn the Evora into a proper roadster.

Weight + complex folding mechanisms+lots of things to get out of alignment=Colin Chapman's idea of hell.....

I think the Evora Roadster needs a cloth clip off roof like the Elise/Exige for days out driving in the sun (cloth roof behind the seats) and then a nice carbon roof that you put on for the winter. 2 cars in one for one price. Bargain and steal of the century and 100% practical 360 days of the year, especially with 2 extra cylinders, and another 100bhp. Hold on to your wig.......

The small print.

Go on, you know you want to. I must have given you three likes today already!!!

• Like 1

The small print.

The seating arrangement was fixed at manufacture and couldn't be changed. Im guessing as the concept  was more of a sports car than GT car that's why they did them as 2+0, presumabley to help keep the weight down as well? I wanted a 2+2 as I have a 4 year lad and yes he has been in the back at times as have some of my friends for short journies. Also wanted a RHD as its my main car, all that left me with a choice of 2 cars! 

Ultimately I think it is less of an issue as most people have them as 2nd/3rd cars, more so than the normal Evoras.

Cheers for the compliment Andy, like I said, I only had a choice of two, Blue or Black so the choice wasn't that hard, even easier when I took the supplying dealers into account.

Gav

The lack of 2+2 was the reason I didn't get one. You'd already taken the best one and although I did do quite a few miles in AU61 CEV I couldn't justify the extra outlay. 

The 2+0's were built by Mansory then reworked by Lotus. The 2+2 configuration wasn't thought about as they originally had Carbon fixed seats in them. If they were configured as they ended up Lotus would have definitely made them 2+2. The 3 x 2+2 were built by Lotus from scratch.

I'm sure the 3(off) 2+2's were fully reworked along with the other cars even though they were built at the factory initially. The black no.4 car of LotusL+R's had a gash white/cream interior when I first saw it. It was also the only manual car of the whole bunch. I had put my name down on it being the only manual car but changed to one of the 2+0 when they told me others could be made manuals during the rework.

Edited by TheKevlarKid
sp