Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TPMS - Page 3 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

I just had a look at the sensors on Gradado and the date stamp on them says 06, but no year!  I originally thought they might be sensors with a reduced shelf-life being sold off cheap, but it would appear that they are copies. I hope they work out ok for you @EGTE, particularly in the long term. Please keep us informed. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
23 hours ago, Redwing said:

I am following this with interest as I shall soon be changing mine. I recall from a previous thread that the date of manufacture is stated on the packaging. I also notice that in the top left corner of the photo of an old sensor, posted by @phil flash, there is what appears to be a date stamp indicating 12/10. So, @EGTE, what date of manufacture does it say on the ones from Grandado?

It is indeed a Date Stamp. 10 in the middle, arrow pointing at 12 so December 2010.

tpms sensor date.jpg

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

I bought these TPMS sensors from Elise-shop (https://www.elise-shop.com/tyre-pressure-sensor-tpmselise-exige-evora-exige-v6-p-503370.html), will be fitted next week.

Seems programmable ones, I guess Eliseshop programs them first before sending them out.

Will let you know if there are any issues..

IMG_8647.jpeg

• Like 1

On 17/03/2021 at 16:20, EGTE said:

So I went back to compare the Grandado ones with the eBay ones and there is absolutely no difference. No date on either that I could see.

They'll always be a date on them but it may be hidden in the QR code ...

11 hours ago, EGTE said:

Okay, thanks Phil. Couldn't find it myself. Anyway, after about 10 miles these Grandado ones sprang into life no problems. 👍

Lotus supplied one took quite a while to kick in too ...    Garage I used to fit it was 4.5 miles from home and I was nearly home before it's reading appeared on the dash.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 18:28, Peters4 said:

I bought these TPMS sensors from Elise-shop (https://www.elise-shop.com/tyre-pressure-sensor-tpmselise-exige-evora-exige-v6-p-503370.html), will be fitted next week.

Seems programmable ones, I guess Eliseshop programs them first before sending them out.

Will let you know if there are any issues..

IMG_8647.jpeg

Update: TPMS sensors have been fitted and detected within a couple of km's of driving.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just had new TPMS sensors fitted yesterday and bought a set of these.

https://www.ukpartsdirect.com/lotus-evora-10-22-tpms-tyre-pressure-sensor-black-stem-pre-coded-ready-to-fit.html

A lot cheaper than the Lotus ones and come pre-programmed so they were recognised within a few miles

Really good service as well, ordered at 11am and they were delivered the next days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to add to this thread - I used TPMSWarehiuse in the UK. Good price. Ordered at 3pm and arrived the next morning.

edit: to state the obvious - they work!

Edited by mik
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

My TPMS is acting strange: sometimes it won’t detect 1 sensor, comes back after a few km’s or only after engine restart.

it also messes up the position of the wheels, front/back are sometimes swapped or diagonally swapped.

as the receiver is located in the back of the car, how does it determine which sensor is located where?

A tyre shop should be able to read the actual sensors in each tyre/rim, may be able to detect that 1 has its internal battery on the way out. I have  a reader / programmer for TPMS, and used for the wife's RR. and have had loads of fun...

Have read  (may or may not be correct for an evora) that the sensors transmit direction of rotation and the pressures etc so the receiver works out from that plus signal strength to show which one is which on the display. I think that all TPMS work in this sort of way but seem more advanced than others, I know my wife's RR evoque has 1 receiver that picked up the signals but with it you have to tell the car which sensor id is on which corner otherwise it gets confused. A previous RR had a receiver in each arch?

My Jeep Renegade was quite happy moving wheels around/ changing them etc and the car picked things up OK.

When mine were swapped the wheel refurb bloke showed me on his reader that they were all sending a signal - each showed a location (eg “Front Left”) on his panel, but I don’t know whether he had to set that info, oR whether the car worked it out.

One of my sensors was acting funny - particularly in cold weather. Failing to be found or failing to send a pressure : this was the indication the battery was reaching end of life. (Built in battery life expectation is estimated at 5yrs).

Evora Owner's Handbook (Page 62) says "average service life of 10 years" .. but who ever bothers to read that ? 😜

On 09/09/2021 at 22:10, mik said:

When mine were swapped the wheel refurb bloke showed me on his reader that they were all sending a signal - each showed a location (eg “Front Left”) on his panel, but I don’t know whether he had to set that info, oR whether the car worked it out.

My TPMS reader works in 2 ways.

1 - connect to the cars OBD2 port to read data from the car. So you get what the car thinks is going on.

2 - read each corner of the car, the tool directs which corner to do you then read the sensor and go onto the next corner that it says.

You can then save/print the results. eg

image.thumb.png.1e27c10e0ca3ddb3b8210592418e2030.png

• 4 weeks later...

OK who Jinxed me, my RR sensor died yesterday and it its only 7 years old ( Ha HA more like at least 10), I ordered a set from the ELISE SHOP, and Ill change the lot.

At lease the ELISE shop units come complete the OEM ones the outer and inner are separate. and Beeping expensive.

I am going to investigate changing the batteries in them.

2 hours ago, au-yt said:

I am going to investigate changing the batteries in them.

You'll be lucky ..  if they are like the GM / Schrader ones that Lotus use, it's all encapsulated inside a solid block of epoxy resin.

• Like 1

I have programmed  2 sets of TPMS sensors for the wife's last 2 RR's, using the Autel universal sensor and then programming them.. Comes complete, ie stem and sensor, and quite a lot cheaper than buying a genuine RR one. Car has been happy with them. I programmed them to use the same sensor id's from the originals.  

7 hours ago, au-yt said:

I'll give it a go, but first have the voltage checked to make sure its not the circuit.

This guy had success

Interesting but from a UK perspective it seems a lot of work and not particularly  cost effective. Ebay says BR2450A Battery with tags only available from China for £22 and these days the postman collects the 20% VAT (or more) on imports so about £27 for a battery ...

I have summer and winter tyres/wheels for my Launch Edition so all TPMS sensors are 12 years old except the one I had to replace when I bought the car as a previous owner had used the puncture repair aerosol, gummed it up and I couldn't get air in or out of it. When the new one was fitted it took a few miles for it to be identified and start displaying on the dash, just as when I swap wheels for the coming season there is a delay of a few miles before the readings of the 'new' sensors are on the display but no need for any programming... seems the Lotus TPMS is clever enough to work out where they are ... 

Given the price of the sensors here in Australia, it’s worth a try to change the batteries  Aliexpress sells 4 batteries for about 22 GBP or $40 AUD.

• 3 weeks later...

forgive me if ive asked a repeated question but had the warning light come up on the dash and tyre flashing on the car symbol, ive put air in the tyre and the car symbol now shows 32 but still flashes and tyre low sensor on dash still lit, in the handbook it seems to read like the lights should go out when correct pressure is restored ?