Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 42 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

Nice red leather interior and I could be in that green one above - I know, I know, red and green should never be seen etc. But still, think it would ace as would MSG with red interior too....

I'll get me shellsuit.....   :getmecoat:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

:secret: Hi Bibs, any chance of answers to Post 893 on p45 of this thread  :

A couple of questions that spring to mind from the article:

What is the standard interior finish if you don't specify one of the packs?

Any colour choice with that?

What are the standard wheels? Is it those gloss back ones in the photos or are they the upgrade ones? They look at first glance to be very similar to the original wheel which I've always liked but text says lighter so unlikely.

Are they always black?

Still no remote volume control on the wheel then?

Cheers,  :unworthy:

Anyone would think I'm your local dealer!! 

No packs means you get a leather/leatherette mix interior in black

Those were forged wheels in the pics, the upgrade. The standard wheels are cast and are different, no pics yet as they've only just been delivered. These cast wheels are more of a gunmetal and forged are available in silver or black. 

No volume controls on the wheel but there is an annoying seam on the back of it where your fingertips are! 

That green on BSY ^ up there is the current British Racing Green from Lotus. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

talking odd colors, i saw some chaps exige s1 in nautilus blue ....  it looked awesome and not just because it was my favorite lotus either! 

color really worked... bet that empire(ish) green works well too.... 

69ca43b5386146767219e561d80b8086

" data-width="500">

69ca43b5386146767219e561d80b8086

">

A big well done to the Evora 400 team up at Hethel (y)

Posted by The Lotus Forums on Tuesday, 28 July 2015

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Courtesy of Autovisie, NED.

This is the slightly revised schedule for the Lotus product release in the next 4 years. The big event (SUV) is still scheduled for 2019. Exige and Elise have both been brought a few month, Exige is now scheduled for late 2016 and it would Euro VI compliant) Elise was initially to be a 2018 model and is now on 2017.

The planning

August 2015: Start delivery Evora 400

End 2015: Evora update EU6

Beginning 2016: 400 Evora Roadster

February 2016 : Start supply 3-Eleven

End 2016: Exige update EU6 ( revised interior, revised exterior, 3-Eleven based?)

2017: Elise update (really curious about that one, may need to start a new thread on that soon, just imagine  Elise 1.8l S with new chassis, new interior, new front clam,  new engine or Edelbrock supercharger and chargecooler 260 bhp+? )

2019: Cross-over

Now  back to Evora 400, they mention that delivery for Evora will start this august, but Euro VI update only taking place at the end of year... Now i'm confused I thought E400 was Euro VI right of the bat!

Edited by NedaSay

It does race and it does it well :

15sgt_m002.jpg

Ok it has a somewhat rocky start but the car now tops testing sessions in Japanese Super GT. 

Ok the car is still based on the old "350 S" and only loosely has it has the super gt mother tub but it does look the business and Lotus could maybe use  a bit of this in their marketing effort.

By the way it topped the GT300 Category ahead of the usual GT3 suspects.

Edited by NedaSay

Well, I take it back, you can have too much rear wing!

Also, is it just me, or is that car totally cross-eyed?

I presume they've got some magic that lets them get the engine in and out between sessions rather faster than in our road cars?

Well they can just remove the entire rear deck in a matter of second... 

I don't think this rear wing is that horrendous... the rear diffuser however is in a different league:

030201.jpg

But I guess it helps the car power through the corner so ...

Edited by ramjet

And no different to what happens with other manufacturers?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well in Super GT all the top efforts : GT500 are silhouettes cars.  In the GT300 category the Syntium Lotus (sponsored by Petronas) mostly battles regular European GT3s and official Subaru BRZs.

In fact GT500 share the DTM "mother"tub, the rest of the car is effectively "all silhouette", but they need to keep the original spec doors and windshield and overall appearance of the car....

The Syntium Lotus has a 4.5L V8 (Toyota?) instead the 3.5L V6 and after a rough couple of races it appears the efforts are paying off the car was on pace at the latest race and topped the Sugo testing timesheet...     

Edited by NedaSay

Yusuf and the lovely Kershaw are doing well in GT4 with their Evora, too. (You can catch sight of them and other Evora GT4s mixing it with Ferraris and Astons etc at Brands Hatch this weekend as it's Round Six of the British GT Championship.)

image.jpg

showimg.php.jpg?countkey=89&key=12837&se

• Like 1

Going back to the first post.  FUGLY!  Totally, and completely with no doubt. Fugly in just about every respect.  Uuurg.  That sight can never now be undone. More is the shame.  Shame we don't have somebody being sick Emoticon.  ;)  :sick:  :cry:

However the GT4 version is lovely.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Lots Of Testing Usually Successful... I'm surprised they only do this hot weather testing now as European cars sold in Southern Europe may also be exposed to extreme heat...