Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 48 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

It's bolted down.

Oh Bibs you old joker, stop it, it hurts. There is no amount of joking from you that is going to convince me that some idiot in Lotus won the battle to bolt those letters down. You're such a wag ( I wish - it is so 1970's and 1980's tacky - oh shit, no it isn't tacky cos it's bloody bolted on....) :( :( :(

Do the marketing guys and gals all drive Saxo's, Punto GT's and Corsa's? That's where those letters belong not in an £80k supercar.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Have you guys looked at the dash of a Ferrari recently? Apparently their owners need reminding which supercar they're in today too...

Surely your eyes will be fixed on the rapidly approaching horizon 99.9% of the time if you're using it properly!

• Like 1

It's bolted down.

To quote good old Victor Meldrew. "I don't believe it". Bibs you are fricking joking surely? Please, please tell me you are! What are they thinking?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

To quote good old Victor Meldrew. "I don't believe it". Bibs you are fricking joking surely? Please, please tell me you are! What are they thinking?

Just haggle enough off the price for a decent angle grinder and then have at 'em ;)

• Gold FFM

Have you guys looked at the dash of a Ferrari recently? Apparently their owners need reminding which supercar they're in today too...

Surely your eyes will be fixed on the rapidly approaching horizon 99.9% of the time if you're using it properly!

This.

If it's all we've got to properly gripe about on the 400... well, then job done, surely?

Dash badging is a big deal. That way when racers do in car video on a GoPro or something... the internet will know it's a Lotus. Even though car make and model are almost always the search criteria for the video to begin with.

Over here in the states the new hip thing is to plasti-dip all your badging.

Instead of looking like cheap plastic, now it looks like blacked out cheap plastic.

Aweseome.

Edited by hyteck9

• Gold FFM

Dash badging is a big deal. That way when racers do in car video on a GoPro or something... the internet will know it's a Lotus. Even though car make and model are almost always the search criteria for the video to begin with.

Over here in the states the new hip thing is to plasti-dip all your badging.

Instead of looking like cheap plastic, now it looks like blacked out cheap plastic.

Aweseome.

This made me laugh.  A lot.  

When I say bolted down, I mean you can remove the panel and unbolt them, but it will leave 5 holes. You can buy a new, blank panel as the Chinese market will be fitted with that. 

So why can't we order a UK Car with the blank panel, if they are making one for the Chinese Market?

Now I'm really confused Bibs as i read the Lotus letters on the dash were because the Chinese like that sort of thing. But they're not getting them

The feedback from western customers was that they were tacky and no thanks so they've given them to us as std.

Is this just one big mickey take?

I know in the grand scheme of things it's a small deal, but give customers what they want and......

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm still loving my Evora S, but I think I may need to at least drive one of these at some point.

If it really is as much of a step forward as some are saying, then it must be one hell of a car.

For what it's worth, it's a no from me on the letters.

So, do we have any idea at all when the configurator goes live?

Or indeed when they'll pull their finger out and stop putting TBA on the price?  :huh:

And remind them to put the 450BHP engine package from the 311 on there ;)

This is being looking into btw, it doesn't sound correct at all...

Oh my. Well I am OK with this. If it gets here sooner, great!! The dealer also said it would arrive along side their dealer demo as I was the first order in, first day orders were available. ( Meaning they aren't expecting their demo car until late spring as well.)

• Gold FFM

Oh my. Well I am OK with this. If it gets here sooner, great!! The dealer also said it would arrive along side their dealer demo as I was the first order in, first day orders were available. ( Meaning they aren't expecting their demo car until late spring as well.)

Brian, this really doesn't sound right.

Hmm.  

Is there a delay US side with approvals or further US based testing to be done?

Perhaps they need 'x' number of usa cars built to bulk ship for cost savings?

What am I saying... I don't want to wait. No excuses from me. Hehe

Since we are talking about my car , I have questions:

Will the engine and/or car be dyno'd and results sheet included in the paperwork as they do with some other sports cars?

Will the vehicle be test driven, if so, at speed? How many miles should I anticipate on the odometer when it arrives?

Edited by hyteck9