Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 49 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

What about taking a european delivery then... It could then ship on its own... It's a pricier option but hey a Europe trip with a few stops between Hethel and Rotterdam lets says, could be good fun.

Oh my.. *grins* I would love that so much. Who's buying? Hehe

Have you guys looked at the dash of a Ferrari recently? Apparently their owners need reminding which supercar they're in today too...!

Sorry but there's no tacky plastic F E R R A R I here. The subtle passenger side badge is different.

I'm with the majority, Lotus really needs to listen a bit more. Add a delete option ffs!

I've attached the old dash without.. Still looks a class act today as it did 5 years ago.

post-15194-0-96937600-1441142644.jpg

post-15194-0-15647400-1441143078.jpg

Back on topic... I can definitely see one of these in my life. Just want to see evidence that it's sorted and lessons have been learnt from the old car. More I look at it the more I love what they've done to it. It looks seriously focussed

post-15194-0-60789200-1441179543.jpg

post-15194-0-43417000-1441179963.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sorry but there's no tacky plastic F E R R A R I here. The subtle passenger side badge is different.

I'm with the majority, Lotus really needs to listen a bit more. Add a delete option ffs!

I've attached the old dash without.. Still looks a class act today as it did 5 years ago.

Dunno if I'd want a misbehaving donkey on the steering wheel

• Like 1

Only here once

I saw one with my own eyes the other day - just because you can find a Ferrari without a badge, that doesn't alter the fact that some have them...

And I still can see any of the blooming buttons on the dash of my 'classic' Evora's interior...

IMHO the 400 is a vast improvement!

ferrari-california-review-2014_45.jpg

That's why I'd buy the 400... Similar theme/context as a Ferrari (rare, fast and exotic yadda yadda) but socially acceptable too! You get all the power you need to have fun but nobody hates or wants to spit at you!

It draws a lot of attention without the wrong sort It's only been a couple of months but I do miss my old NA a LOT

• Like 1

I saw one with my own eyes the other day - just because you can find a Ferrari without a badge, that doesn't alter the fact that some have them...

And I still can see any of the blooming buttons on the dash of my 'classic' Evora's interior...

IMHO the 400 is a vast improvement!

ferrari-california-review-2014_45.jpg

Fair enough.. i only know about the 458 really. The only F I've had anything to do with doesn't have that in it. Nor does the 488.. Maybe the older cars do..

Anyway it's hideous.

Look let's be honest, OK the Ferrari has it on this model and also on the FF - but for crying out loud it is chrome on silver badge and about about a quarter of the size. Far more subtle then the frankly quite tacky looking Early Learning Centre Silver letters bolted individually on the dash and looking like they don;t quite belong there re the curvature of the dash plate they are on.

The original LE dash badge for the Evora was fine compared to the new 400 one.

The 400 is a huge leap forward for Lotus, we all know it and seem to accept it and also seem to love it. I'll get over the letters eventually and would still have one, a 400 that is, but probably not for 12 to 18 months.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

MMC in Edinburgh circulated a flyer today to say they are launching their 400 at the Ingliston Circuit Revival Meeting on Friday 11th.   :thumbsup: Contact Brandon for information on entry etc.  

Brandon telling me he is getting 2 in, in completely different colours any day soon hopefully.  I'll say no more until he posts up like a proud father.  I'm jealous as offshore. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I'll hopefully be there. It will be interesting to see how it 'feels' compared to the pre-production car we saw at Geneva.

And I'm at the Revival all weekend. An overdose of petrol head heaven. Looking forward to it.

• Gold FFM

The Lotus website Evora 400 page has been updated!

Now, before you all go scrabbling off to play with the configurator - that's still not there, nor has the price changed from TBA.

They've put the right quotes from the various reviews up.

That's it.

Still, I guess that's progress...

Still the fact that the previous generation Sport racer and S model do still appear on the website is intriguing I know there may be a few lingering at the dealers but I really don't see the point of keeping them on the website as Lotus has as far as I know stopped production of these models. If the cars are only reaching dealers now. Doesn't that mean that there's been a slight delay in the last preproduction stage as the cars were initially supposed to start delivery back in August. It's not a huge delay but nonetheless I wonder what's the cause for it.

Now, before you all go scrabbling off to play with the configurator - that's still not there, nor has the price changed from tba...

No configurator at this stage... Unbelievable isn't it?

What sort of strategy is this?

Launching a performance car going into winter and no way of getting excited online...

The online bit (what we all use JMG) should be sorted out, come on

I agree that the lack of configurator is frustrating but I guess that you can also see it the other way round... If resources are scarce, I prefer the money being spent in some demonstrators being built rather than on the configurator being up to speed but no actual car available to be driven.