Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

I too have wondered this...... 

the one I bought is without.....

some I tried had the badge others not......

wonder if it was an 'option'......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

In my eyes the Mansory/GTE rear was / is much better. It retained the fluid lines while adding form and structure to the original rear. This new rear is just a mess, there is no continuity in any lines. And the new, interrupted wing is not adding anything.

On the other hand, the front does look better, but again to many interrupted lines. A bit more Exigesque would have done well.

The interior is different, but I don't see the improvement. The wider footwell and thinner/lower sills do ladd some value.

Now only that powertrain improvement. 

I believe it was only on the launch edition. I ordered the piece, but never got around to mounting it. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I think it came with the Premium Pack as part of the extended leather.

I think it came with the Premium Pack as part of the extended leather.

I have all the 'packs' 

sport, premium and tech.....

I believe it was only on the launch edition. I ordered the piece, but never got around to mounting it. 

ah....got you......could be

Me also.

when I saw it it not just double sided tape but also two prongs that are pushed through the leather dash I reconsidered in case it got knocked off and leaves two holes in the big leather panel. Sitting in my Evora bits box now.

I would love all the mechanical and chassis upgrades with the existing interior and bumpers, more subtle, more lightweight  :wub:

I hope it's a huge success and gives Lotus a financial boost so we have more fun cars to enjoy in the future. The last mainstream manual gear box exotic!!  :respect:

ok...so Im going to ask the most stupid of questions.....

is this 'the' face lift model or just another 'variant'

I only ask as its obviously different to the current car but I thought the release date of the face lift was at the motor show in March.....

or am I just being a bit thick.....

(probably the latter........... :help: )

Good Job, I like it and will seriously consider it if the price doesn't go through the roof, hopefully they'll continue with the 50 /50 finance deal!. Like others, the only thing I don't really like is the Lotus badge above the centre screen, imo its unnecessary and looks a bit chavvy.  Q. Was this restyling a Coco job? I'd guess it probably was.

Impressive spec, but can't help thinking it's just another varient of an already overused design. Will it be available in the US?

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

ok...so Im going to ask the most stupid of questions.....

is this 'the' face lift model or just another 'variant'

I only ask as its obviously different to the current car but I thought the release date of the face lift was at the motor show in March.....

or am I just being a bit thick.....

(probably the latter........... :help: )

Problem is, facelifts don't always turn out better than the original.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I suspect although a 'facelift' this is as good as a new model gets from Lotus.

Quite like the front, not sure at all on the interior, and the rear makes my V6 look good. So not sure. Will need to see it at Geneva :)

Black n gold

guys, if its as quick as an exige round hethel how can it be the fastest thing on track sub £100k as stated by the frenchman?

Higher top speed and more grunt! That should do it, the exige may still be quicker of the line but at Vmax the Exige will fall behind. 

My question is this : is the Evora 400 the new base model and will we have variants based on that (400S, 400R or Cup for exemple) or is it supposed to be the absolute nec plus ultra and what we see is what we get? Cause even if it is more aggressive which is ok, it's not GTE/GT350 bonkers...

I liked the lines of the previous cabin better, it was a very clean and very sleek look and it was bespoke, It has lost some of these attributes this time around, but I have to recognize the new cabin feel properly built from the high res pics.

I wish Lotus could have made more of a jump in terms of cabin tech as the handbrake lever has almost become anachronic in most top end sports-cars these days. And the Alpine head unit has me in shaking my head in disbelief... Didn't they replace that unit with a Pionner not long ago, they should emphasize stuff like android or IOS Carplay compatible not comes with a reverse camera.

Then again when you consider the new price of the car 72k base and the cost saving the managed to generate this car should be a lot more profitable than the previous gen. Maybe they'll be able to catch up on the competition thanks to this. 

Still I like the car overall, I think the design is growing on me even if I think the head on front view is a bit meh the 3/4 front is definitely cohesive, and I like the Rear end. 

Not sure I like the dash or the back end. Like the sound of more power and smaller sills.

Ps my car has the Evora dash badge it's not a launch edition but has the premium pack.

Does Bibs or anyone else have an idea when the convertible will be announced?

Do we think it will have a removable Targa panel, or even a T-bar arrangement (hope not), or a fabric roof. Would they be able to engineer this and still retain the rear seats?

This design isn't rocking my boat. The front end is bold but looks unresolved, the lines aren't fluid and the rear looks too fussy. I get the feeling Lotus were trying to make the design as different as possible to the last, with as little cost.

Still I hope they sell it by the bucket load.

• Like 2

I've been looking at these pictures all day, mulling them over. There's no two ways around it..I feel this design is a step back. Interior as well as exterior, it has lost its elegance. People were fussy over the Europa re-design saying it was too busy, but this takes the prize. Too much just looks tacked on.

The interior in particular is dull compared to the sweeping spartan curves of the old one - it almost looks modular in design, and a bit too "German" at that. I'm surprised they haven't made it black only and put in a "BMW Business CD" unit in while they were at it.

If this is where Lotus car designs are headed, I'm glad we've got the old ones to hold onto and cherish. Personally I'm hoping the old Evoras go down in price once this is out so I can nab one of those.....There's something for everyone I suppose! 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

It'll clearly be faster but other than that I'm not sure that it warrants any favour. Too fussy in too many areas, especially the front grills - it looks very hungry and is, therefore, not attractive.

Mike S

I think MJK will agree with the too fussy and no clean lines comments, though I can't be sure as I have only just sent him the pictures and he's away at present so won't have seen anything.

It is a bit "aggressive" and "Fast and Furious" but I don't have my dads taste and love it! Love it, LOVE IT!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer