Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 36 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

Nice write-up Bibbo. Sounds like you had a fun day. :D

(Just going to be annoying and point out a small typo towards the end of the third paragraph:  6kgs has been shaved from the A-Pillars which now being thinner air visibility, I presume you meant aids ​visibility?)

@@@Ian / Hellers:

The BmW i8 also is a 2+2 midengined car...in a way.....the other 2+2 midengined cars have lon disappeared (Ferrari 308 GT4, Mondial, Lambo Uracco......)

But I am with you, the plus two is a huge plus in daily usability

Hi Snoopy. Yes you're right, thanks very much for the correction as I see the i8's petrol engine is behind the rear seats too! Hadn't realised.

• Much better, see my article
  • As above
  • As above, now easy to get to
  • As above, all gone
  • ^
  • It now goes all the way around the screen and up and down the a-pillars, should be much better
  • Completely redone, much better.
  • Now hard to even notice
  • Same, still a long way from the wheel...

:unworthy:  :unworthy:  :unworthy: Ace Bibs, & thank you for the feedback.  I'll bet about 50% of those points will not appear elsewhere so you're the Oracle.

Your still a jammy git though.   :harhar:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

I say again:  You tease!

"The car is overbraked if anything to allow for future-proofing, watch this space!"

Great write up, thank you.

• Like 1

Interesting that TG seem to think the 911 is its most likely competitor ( at least it reads like that to me)

Im fairly sure I'd get stared at if I got out of one in a skirt though :)

PS no vanity mirror! 

Well in that case I'll never get main board budget approval.  :no    :(

They don't seem to realise the grief something that simple causes. :vava:  It means every time she gets in the thing she has a niggle to whine about.  Presently it is the "stupid door sills" or "crappy ICE" but no vanity mirror will become the focal point of hate for all things Lotus.   :thumbdown:  :rant:

:whistle:

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

£1.78 and problem solved Al, and if Brandon doesnae throw one in for free then that's just poor form   :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Vanity-Mirror-Self-Adhesive-SUMMIT-RV10-for-Sun-visor-interior-/321801776548?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aece16da4

I've had my Evora for 1500 miles. Wife's been in it for about 50 of those miles and NEVER in the right seat! "It's a man's world" my Evora and I'm thankful she doesnae complain when I disappear out for 4 hours to get a pint of milk ;) The wife doesn't seem to mind either   :harhar:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Chris Harris not happy....@harrismonkey: Evora 400 reviews now live. Not been invited, apparently I'm not influential enough. Might well be true, but they're still running scared.

Black n gold

Wow,  Bibs is more influential than Harris who is a monkey  :unworthy: (that's what he said... :sofa: )

The trouble with the £1.78 option which I did on the first one is that makes it a home made kit car, having just spent £76,700 in my spec.

Anyway now I've read Bibs write up, great report Bibs.  A true leader for us.  

I like the way the calipers are now AP Racing branded as an aside.  I always wondered why they didn't do that from launch when they openly said they were.  

A couple of questions that spring to mind from the article:

What is the standard interior finish if you don't specify one of the packs?

Any colour choice with that?

What are the standard wheels? Is it those gloss back ones in the photos or are they the upgrade ones? They look at first glance to be very similar to the original wheel which I've always liked but text says lighter so unlikely.

Are they always black?

Still no remote volume control on the wheel then?

However overall I'm impressed as they seem to have fixed a lot of the hidden and probably difficult/expensive items that don't grab the headlines for other mags with limited column space but do grab your attention eventually as a continual niggle if it isn't just an occasional Sunday toy and you are an owner past the initial first love stage of ownership.  :unworthy:   I can't wait for the Roadster.

Too biased these days and in my opinion trying too hard to be a celebrity.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Apparently he has always been a lotus fan and owned 2! That was obvious from his first 400 comments ;)

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

To be honest, I'm surprised that Harris hasn't got a review out before today. After all, unlike most motoring journalists, he doesn't actually need to drive the car in order to deliver a review ...

Thumb up to you pal.

Chris Harris not happy....@harrismonkey: Evora 400 reviews now live. Not been invited, apparently I'm not influential enough. Might well be true, but they're still running scared.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

• Like 2

Where is Evo's review more to the point?........... Just checked and still nothing although a link to a great new JB Spectre trailer was a bonus.  Another one not seen previously.

Just checked and still nothing although a link to a great new JB Spectre trailer was a bonus.  Another one not seen previously.

You should keep an eye on TLF's Film thread. I posted the trailer yesterday. :thumbup:

Now... if only Lotus could update the website to show.. wait for it... *pictures!*

of each option you pay extra for!

like various angles of the cabin with each interior type and color.

• Like 2