Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Roundel Run - 13th June 2015 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Roundel Run - 13th June 2015

Bibs

TLF are assisting in organising this magnificent event which will see 75 cars travel from Brooklands to the Biggin Hill Festival of Flight to commemorate 75 years since the Battle of Britain. 

For a charitable donation you can be involved and parade your car along the flightline on arrival and be parked up in the 'Roundel Arena' with VIP access to the air show. For a very lucky few, you'll be able to have one of the Red Arrows pilots in your car as you assist them with a drive to their aircraft again via the flightline. 

We will also need to ask some local members if you'll be available to help at locations on the route to marshal the cars about if possible, please say below if you can help :)

http://www.theroundelrun.com/web/

ROUNDEL-RUN-2015-Final-724x1024.jpg

10167965_10152697475118587_2371071683100

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I registered some time ago. I'm assuming they'll contact me, but nothing yet...

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Celebrating Motoring with the Festival of Flight
r0.png

Club Le Mons Introduces 'The Roundel Run'

As part of our ongoing efforts to raise money for our fantastic charities we are very proud to annouce that this year we have partnered with the Biggin Hill Festival of Flight to help organise their first ever Car Show!

But, this being Club Le Mons, it's going to be slightly more than that.

This event is going to start under Concorde at Brooklands, after which we'll drive through various historical locations in Surrey, Sussex and Kent, finishing with a parade and park up in front of the 18,000 capacity crowd at the Festival of Flight, on Saturday 13th June 2015.

We're looking for 75 cars that epitomise car culture from before and after the war.

And we'd love to have you along for the ride!

rl.png

We are currently inviting car owners to apply to be a part of this fantastic inaugural run, and car show, which will become a big part of the festival in years to come.

We are using an application process to ensure that we do not have too many cars of a similar marque or manufacture. It is important to us that we have a wide variety of cars which will look impressive when driven and shown together!

There is a cost for participating, but the money raised goes to support, in no particular order; the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund, Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance, Make A Wish Foundation UK and the Brooklands Museum.

If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then please visit our website and register your interest at www.theroundelrun.com.

The Packages
rm.png

The erfect choice for the lone pilot. Navigating the south east using just their knowledge and sense of direction. Or help us raise more money by letting us sell off a passenger seat and make somebody's dream come true.

r2.png

Some journey's requre the navigation of a pro. So invite a friend or loved one and make the most of this special day. Watch the skies come alive with the sounds of some of the most loved and respected aircraft ever put together in one place. An opportunity not to be missed.

rp.png

Looking to arrive at your destination and enjoy th Air Show in comfort and style? Then this is the best way to arrive.

Enjoy our VIP area with access to a bar, unparallelled view of the airfield and get to meet the pilots as they pop in throughout the day. Treat yourself!

r3.png

The ultimate package to ensure you and your co-pilot have a memorable day, in the comfort of our VIP area with Howard Cundey Estate Agents.

You'll get access to a bar, unparallelled view of the airfield and get to meet the pilots as they pop in throughout the day.

Our Flyer
r1.jpg

We're actively looking for applications from those wishing to be directly involved but hopefully also to build awareness of the new aspect of the existing air show! So, even if this isn't for you, please do pass it on to any of your car, or plane, loving friends!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,

Jenny

Frequently Asks Questions

Concerned about the cost? We're aware of other VIP areas only feet away charging £100 per person plus their entrance ticket. This really is the ultimate package at the ultimate price! A once in a lifetime opportunity!

Want extra tickets? No problem, you can arrange them when you register for the Roundel Run. If your application is successful, we'll just add the tickets to the final invoice. Even if we can't offer you access to the run due to the limited numbers, you can still buy tickets for the event via Howard Cundey Estate Agents offices across the South East or via http://www.bhfof.com/tickets and you'll find us welcoming you with a smile on the day!

I registered some time ago. I'm assuming they'll contact me, but nothing yet...

they should do shortly, seems they've been very busy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, quick update.

We're nearly out of VIP places and we have, to give you an idea (of the exulted company you could be in):

3 ACs - one Aceta and 2 Cobras
8 Ferraris
1 Mustang
1 Nismo GT-R
1 Jenson Interceptor
1 Lambo Gallardo Spyder
7 Lotuseseses
4 MGs
4 Morgans
3 Porsches
1 Tesla (P85D baby!)
2 TVRs
and a Zenos, or two..

And that's not all!

Just wondering is the "run" a convoy, race or dawdle?

It'll be groups, on a public road, associated with an air ambulance, make a wish, the airport, etc..

• 4 weeks later...

COMPETITION TIME: Want to join us on the Roundel Run? We've had a driver pull out but he's still paying for the space so we can run it as a competition! Want to win? It's easy!

1.) Like The Roundel Run page.
2.) Show us a photo of your car on the competition post on facebook.
3.) Share their facebook post.

The winner gets to bring their car on the Roundel Run, 2 tickets into the Biggin Hill Festival of Flight and a Roundel Run T-Shirt.

Over to you guys!

The final draw will take place on Wednesday June 3rd at 8pm.

• 2 weeks later...

My car is all clean and ready (although weather tonight could be interesting) and I'm soon to be heading over to one of the hotels in Weybridge so that I don't have to get up too early tomorrow morning.  

Looking forward to it!

• Gold FFM

Superb day out!  Well done to the team for doing the toughest job of all - getting a large group of humans to do anything to plan.

Just gonna check out the photies...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Nobody noticed.  Nobody cares...

£6,500 raised for Make-a-Wish, KSS Air Ambulance and RAF Benevelent Fund + Brooklands Museum. :D

A few images pulled from one of the cameras filming The Roundel Run. Stay tuned for the full video in July.

Posted by

The Roundel Run

on

Sunday, 14 June 2015

Shame I couldn't get along to this as it sounded good and a good cause to support.
Bit of a problem with the above pics as I'm so disappointed with Chris for letting Sparky get in front, wouldn't have happened on my watch I can tell you :)

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.