Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Decided to spray my car today (matt white)! - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Decided to spray my car today (matt white)!

Kristof Thys

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice motor Kristof, understated aggression :)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Glad the paint came back off so easily.  :clap:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Have yet to try out my new lance, seeing this makes me want to go outside now and try it.

I blame you Kristof, car is now sparkly clean after a good old soaping with some foam, worked a treat but i think i need to work on my mixture/lance settings.

• Like 1

I blame you Kristof, car is now sparkly clean after a good old soaping with some foam, worked a treat but i think i need to work on my mixture/lance settings.

Got the foam kit just for the Lotus... she is completely detailed a few months back and want to preserve her "scratch free" as much as I can.  A nano coat was applied as well.

The foam I'm using is pH neutral:

102648.jpg

The lance:

102669.jpg

And the leaf blower to dry her without scratching  :D (I've added a silicon tube to the nozzle so I won't scratch her in the event I would touch the paint - thanks DixieV6 for that)

BlackDeckerLeafHog.jpg

At first, the lance wouldn't work well with my pressure washer as the nozzle inside was too narrow, making the PW cut out every other second due to excess internal pressure.  Carclean.nl sent me a bigger one and PRESTO, super foam!

Edited by Milton1
  • Like 1

At first, the lance wouldn't work well with my pressure washer as the nozzle inside was too narrow, making the PW cut out every other second due to excess internal pressure.  Carclean.nl sent me a bigger one and PRESTO, super foam!

Interesting, mine did this when it was on max foam, I had to dial it towards the '-' to stop this.

Interesting, mine did this when it was on max foam, I had to dial it towards the '-' to stop this.

Tony, to be more specific: the PW would work ok for like 30 seconds.  Then it would pauze for a second and go well for only 2 seconds, back to pauze, etc.

Carclean confirmed that it is a known issue: pressure builds up and the PW cuts out: that's why when ordering I needed to specify my type of pressure washer.  Shows that it didn't go well, because the nozzle that originaly came with the foam lance was good for up to 140 bar.  My PW only goes to 130 bar.  They have sent me a 160 bar version now and works super now.

The difference was almost invisible in diameter of the little hole in the nozzle (I would have used a 1.5mm drill or something if they wouldn't have send me a new one).

nozzle.jpg

Edited by Milton1

Intersting, I bought my hose form http://www.directhoses.net/collections/foaming-equipment/products/snow-foam-lance

It says that it works up to 180bar and my PW is a nilfisk and only 110 bar so not sure what the issue is.

Thanks for the info, I might open up my lance and have a look.

You should see my leaf blower I use to dry the car! :D

I love the idea of a leaf blower! Haha my neighbours already think im nuts with the snow foam, this will send them over the edge!

www.alias23.com

• 2 weeks later...

Or, get a de-ionized water filtration system  and never have to even dry the car ---- no water spots.

Some illustrative videos found here ....

http://www.crspotless.com/spotless-water-cleaning-videos.html

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion