Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ingliston Revival 11-13th September - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ingliston Revival 11-13th September

Yes David. Not up to handling circuit driving just yet, back and shoulders just giving hell right now so we will be sunbathing and talking to people instead.

We were going to head out in Ethel on that journey as well!!!! Strangely decided not to.

Thanks John - it's been a long wait that's for sure. Owned D10LOT (D727HYK) back in 2008, a red Esprit Turbo and have been working on buying a '82 Turbo for the last 3 years but ran out of patience and had to find another one. Still plan to buy the Turbo but the owner won't be rushed. Looking forward to owning the S4s I've just bought as its a real beauty! Getting it into the show at Ingliston would be fantastic

Hi Kieran yes sent off info to the link provided but only did it on Friday so will hopefully hear something back next week. Sounds like it could be a great event.......weather provided

• Gold FFM

^^^^^^^^^

Exactly this. Fiona (Fee) is right on the ball, and I'll be putting together a list for her shortly in any case. We're trying to get all the Loti parked in the same area but looking at posts on the various social media groups, there seem to be quite a few booking direct as individuals rather than through the TLF link.

• Gold FFM

I've included your name, Duggie, in the provisional list of attendees that I've sent to the organisers today so everything should fall into place shortly.

Well good news I got an email reply from Fiona accepting my entry. I'm now wondering, do I just send back a reply with my payment details and acceptance as requested or do I need to do something else to be included with the rest of Lotus cars? Incidentally I can only manage Sunday.

Edited by stephenwhyte

Hi Stephen.

Reply back to the email they sent you, with all details... etc. etc. and enter under the code given at the start of the thread.

Give them as much info as possible. They are likely to group most of us together.

Despite me putting Ethel under "interesting and unusual" she is still likely to be classed as classic despite having virtually no original parts.

So long as we can all arrange a meeting point in the morning and turn up on mass, I doubt they will argue with us being seperated.

We will be in Edinburgh that morning as the entry on site is due around 8am! :o

Edited by Fueltheburn

INGLISTON REVIVAL ENTRANTS

1. David Boyd - Evora NA - Display & Track

2. Mark Rigby - Esprit V8-GT - Display Only

3. Craig Dewar - Exige S - Display & Track

4. Dominic Shanahan - Elise - Display & Track

5. Kieran Lee - Excel (Ethel) - Display and Track

6. Steve Cowen - Elise S3 - Display and Track

7. Stephen Whyte - Esprit S4s - Display only (Sun)

Entry completed, although it states Concourse which is a tad worrying. I've sent an email back to Fiona to say my inclusion is past of this forums entry, so should be fine. Just need the car now!!!

Let's hope for a dry one!

Edited by stephenwhyte

INGLISTON REVIVAL ENTRANTS
1. David Boyd - Evora NA - Display & Track
2. Mark Rigby - Esprit V8-GT - Display Only
3. Craig Dewar - Exige S - Display & Track
4. Dominic Shanahan - Elise - Display & Track
5. Kieran Lee - Excel (Ethel) - Display only
6. Steve Cowen - Elise S3 - Display and Track
7. Stephen Whyte - Esprit S4s - Display only (Sun) ULTRA, UBER concours :P with extra shiny bits

Concours is a matter of opinion. In true concours, your
car will score 95% more than mine due to having more original parts. I wouldnt worry too much. You will always get a "keith" in a parker jacket who states isn't this meant to come with?..... :rtfm::ermm:

Any classic on the road is a success in my books. :animier:
Sorry stephen, couldnt help myself. Tempranillo fuelled.  :wine:

Edited by Fueltheburn

After a bit of persuasion/encouragement from Stephen (now a fellow Spice Yellow Esprit owner) I am wondering whether I should (or could) get a late entry for my Esprit V8.  I'm maybe just mean and grumpy but I'm struggling with the basic idea of paying to be there - as part of the display/entertainment which others will then pay to see!!  

I think Mark will be the only V8 otherwise and the website even mentions the Esprit V8 in the supercar category.

It would be nice to go though - I used to race bikes and raced at the last bike meeting (April '84) even managing to win a  couple of races.

think......

They can take me but display only so I will give it a miss this time.  I must try and get along to another gathering though - maybe later in the year?

I might be missing something here.

I received confirmation of my acceptance from Fiona with a link to make the payment, but it only takes me to Concourse tickets (£10 or £9 with discount). No option for track time.

Does this mean I'm too late to sign up for the track time?

I'll try to get hold of Fiona, but just wondering if anyone knew anything first.

• Gold FFM

It's OK guys - don't panic. It's 'concourse' as in 'large open space' not 'concours' as in perfect in every way and polished to within an inch of its life, :P .

Not sure on the "is it too late to book track time?" question - I'd need to contact Fiona on that one bit I'd have thought it was still possible as they're still advertising it in the booking link.

I've sent Fiona a list of all our names to date and will add others as they're added to the list on here just to ensure that she's picked up on everybody's TLF connection - hopefully you've all been inserting the discount code on your entry forms so it should be easy for them to identify you in any case.

On the day(s), I'll be at the entrance gate to make sure we all end up in the correct location within the display. Courtesy of Al, I've got a couple of LEGS/TLF flags and some TLF front number plates to give us all that cohesive look.

EDIT: I've just spoken with Fiona and I'm afraid that the track time is now fully booked so anyone booking now will only be offered the 'Display' option.

EDIT: I've just spoken with Fiona and I'm afraid that the track time is now fully booked so anyone booking now will only be offered the 'Display' option.

Thanks for looking into this David.

I'm now signed up for display only. I've asked Fiona if she could keep a note in case there are any track time cancellations or if more track space is made available (worth a shot).

See you in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

I'll be travelling up in my S1 Elise from Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire) for this event and plan to be there on both the Saturday and Sunday. Not sorted out tickets yet but I will get them in the next day or so.

I used to go to Ingliston in the early 70s and have many happy memories of watching the racing there, Doug Niven, Bill Dryden, Andy Barton, Tony Charnell, Norman Dickson are just a few of the many names I can remember like it was yesterday.

Funnily enough I was at Edinburgh on Sunday and took the opportunity to go along to the track with our youngest son, still can't believe how tight the circuit was and how close to the cars the crowds used to be!

George

• Like 1

I'm going a bit  :offtopic: but with you on all of that post and gutted I'm outside the UK with work at the moment. and going to miss it.  I used to marshal there from mid 70's to closure and frankly by today's standards not in the slightest surprised it did close although never officially for safety concerns.  I must dig out some old slides and get sorted into something I can post up to show jus how close.  We were literally feet away from the cars and the cars were headed straight at the crowds in the braking zones and when they got it wrong the barriers were just in front of the public with little or no run off.  It was in many ways a mini Monaco but round all the farm sheds and buildings.  Those guys all had cajoles the size of melons!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Al, I'll also try and post some links to sites with some fantastic pictures showing just what you describe above.

The Ingliston Revival Facebook pages are also worth a for some great photographs as is Youtube for the onboard footage taken from a Formula Vauxhall Lotus although you may have to search on Ingleston!

A few of my old slides from Ingliston back in the day.

post-225-0-05615600-1441232234.jpg

post-225-0-92056800-1441232251.jpg

post-225-0-91499100-1441232271.jpg