Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre - Page 22 - Eletre & Emeya Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre

auRouge

Cars are in the country, except R version which will be on their way in October. Expecting cust dels to start in August, however i think many will wait til new reg in September.

• Like 1

Hendy expecting their demo shortly - but shortly could be a bit longer than imminent.

@JB got yours yet or expecting it any day now?

Assume dealers get their cars before customers? 

You would think with last year's company results Lotus would want your money in their bank account. 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I would assume we would get cars before customers.......................just. We will probably all get cars within a day or two of each other to stop a rush at a particular dealer if they have a car early. 

• Gold FFM

So I thought, "What the heck. I'll do some digging." Found out that the Eletre here in the Southern Colonies is likely to be between $250,000 to $$300,000.

So your humble servant, Michael, will not be getting one at the moment. Unlikely, if ever.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...

Just phoned for an update, and was told "November 2023"

So that's positive news.

I was just double checking my options list and have noticed something odd.

When I ordered the base model, I went for the door cameras as a £2k option (I know they're going to be rubbish, but it's the future isn't it)

Now looking at the website, those are only an option on the Eletre S.

The base model instead gets a "range optimisation pack" at £4k, which I've now been switched to. That includes the door cameras, but I have not idea what else is with it (if anything).

Anyone know? 

Thank you for that.

It looks to be a 'new' pack, and I couldn't find anything on the website to describe what it is (and it didn't exist when I ordered the car). Most other options have a little '(i)' that provides details.

Official communication from Lotus has been terrible so far. Just silence.

The team on the phone are however very helpful, but it's a shame that you have to chase up to get any information.

• Like 1

It's interesting that they switched you to the range optimisation pack automatically.

I noticed the spec change for the base Eletre at the end of June and when I checked my order Side Cameras had simply been deleted. After discussion with customer services (who initially told me that side camera couldn't be added to a base Eletre) they have included just Side Cameras as an exception to my order. This is apparently noted on my order under "Non-standard Options", so not visible to me in My Lotus. Probably I'd prefer the whole range optimisation pack but I've spent too much of my life talking to customer services already (long story about trying to get my order confirmed)!

18 minutes ago, RichEV said:

It's interesting that they switched you to the range optimisation pack automatically.

So that's interesting.

I may be in the same position as you.

The mirrors disappeared from my order summary. When I called up they said I have them.

So I said that they've definitely gone from the website, to which the response was "they are in the range optimization pack"

So I don't definitely know what I'll actually be getting. Like you, I think I'd quite like the full pack, but I'll see what turns up.

Some clear comms from Lotus could make this all a much smoother process.

• Like 1

First one on PH.... https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15540790

says...

Lotus Eletre R - Top-of-the-range model, due to take delivery this month

• 2 weeks later...

From FB  .Eletre group .Looks as if test drives must be coming shortly...

Just had invite to book my test drive at my Surrey dealers.
The moment of truth!..

Seen 1st UK test drive booked for Sep 20th, so should be a number of folks with ordered getting test drives starting next week.

Test drive tomorrow!

Just had an email from Lotus offering 2 hour test drives this week in Eastleigh. Just bagged one for tomorrow.

That was short notice!

I hope I get a bit more advance notice when our cars are actually here.  

• Like 2

It's quite hard test driving a modern performance car. It's going to drive really well.

Agreed. I had a generously long test drive around Surrey at the weekend but difficult to assess the car while within town speed limits and trying to avoiding cyclists!

It's certainly refined, even on the 23" wheels. And compared to the IPace the steering is more precise and cornering is noticeably flatter. Overall not as different as I expected (but then the IPace is impressive for an SUV).

What really impressed me though was the interior and the displays in action - simply stunning.

The only negative was the bizarre regen braking. There isn't much braking even on the highest setting but worse it ramps up slowly over a second or so. It's pretty pointless if you are trying to drive the car briskly. I'm very much hoping Lotus provide an update to configure this properly.

• Like 2