Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
If you love your dogs... - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

If you love your dogs...

Loose Cannon

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Spaniel power Pete! 😂

My three do the same even with Kong toys 🙄

Setter!!

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

My Westie ( Tillie 10 year old ) and My Daughter and son in-laws Cobber Dog (Dash 4 month old) Cobber Dogs are Specially matched Poodle Labrador cross. Bred as assistance dogs for my Grandson who in the Autism spectrum. The Australian Cobber Dogs  is registered bread and only bred with selected DNA dogs, talk about hi tech. He doesn't shed is cage trained and obey commands, and puts up with being tackled by a 3 year old for now. Unlike my Westie who only comes for food and walks, loves people and takes over the house and is training Dash to lever her alone.

20201211_183515.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you love your dogs......

1. Pick up your dog shit from the pavement, don't just leave it there smoking like a steamed chocolate pudding - the amount of shit I am encountering when going for COVID walks is really seriously not on any more and seems like it is getting worse each week

2. Don't bag it then tie it on a branch saying "Oh, I'll pick it up on the way back" - you won't. And that steaming pile of biohazard will cook, stew and fester in that bag for months before it bursts and sends rancid shite all over the place

3. After your big fooking donkey of a dog has jumped up at someone, put their shitty paws all over their chest and scared them half to death (not every one likes dogs or is comfortable around them) - don't then just shout in a jolly smiley way "oh, it's ok dear he's just a fluffy bunny and harmless. Wouldn't hurt a fly".  Why? Because one day you just might have you front teeth kicked out by the husband of the victim! (but don't worry, said husband, you will assured by the wife, is really warm and cuddly and wouldn't normally harm a fly!)

I guess this will be a popular post here. But seriously, be responsible please. It really is getting more shitty out there every week!  :)

Thank you.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, TAR said:

If you love your dogs...

you won't be one of those people @C8RKH 🙂

Depends on the marinade you put on it.

Or more seriously, depends if you are a responsible dog owner who cleans up after it and keeps it on a lead and under control. Personally, I have nothing against the dogs - they don't know any better. Unlike some (not by any means all) owners who are entitled, selfish, muppets.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Personally, I have nothing against the dogs - they don't know any better. Unlike some (not by any means all) owners who are entitled, selfish, muppets.

Bit like life in general.     Im sure  similar sentiments ( entitled, selfish, muppets) go through Regs mind every time a motorbike or sports  car with loud exhausts goes past us on a walk.    And you would both be right.  Thats life in general, too many rights not enough responsibilities.  He was a rescue from a less salubrious part of town.

DSC_0410 (2).JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's just lovely! ❤️ Never heard of the bread, did some research and now I want one. 🙂

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay dog behaviour experts, I had an unpleasant encounter with dogs this morning.

I was out on official business and walking along a river embankment heading back to my car. Ahead I could see a small terrier type dog (Jack Russell?) barking at me. I kept going and as I got closer it started to charge at me all snarling teeth, just as I was about to try and boot it halfway across the river, it stopped and started backing up, still growling snarling and showing its teeth. I thought okay, it’s only small and I’m sure I can do it far more damage than it can do me if it comes too close. It was at this point I realised it wasn’t alone, I was now surrounded by five of the little bastards all growling and snarling at me with exposed teeth. I thought if I stop walking they may attack, or if I lash out at one it may provoke them to actually attack - one I think I could deal with, but five could do me some serious damage. I just kept walking at a steady pace. At any given moment one of them would rush at me but always back off just before it was in biting (or kicking) range. This continued for several minutes until they backed off and disappeared.

There was a junk yard across the road and I assume they had found their way out. Quite scary really and it was hard to resist the temptation to make a run for it, but I suspect if I had they would have come in for the kill (or at least the biting).

@Neal H you should have kicked each one into the bloody river! I hate dogs that are not kept under control by their owners.

I went for a walk yesterday morning earlyish, around 0830. Was walking up the steps of a railway footbridge in a world of my own (had a really long stressful week in work so just wanted some quiet me time) got about 5 steps from the top and dog came rushing towards me and barked - I don't mind admitting that I jumped out of my skin!  Carried on walking up and got to the top flat bit when  the dog came charging back and jumped up at me with it's shitty paws all over the front of my coat and my jeans. I was a bit pissed off at this point and I think rightly so.

At that point the owner called the dog back and yet it was still jumping around and barking like it had had blue smarties for breakfast. He had seen everything. And he chose to ignore me and what had happened. I was incensed as a result and a simple apology would probably have calmed me right down!

So I just barked at the owner - "if you can't control your fooking animal then keep it on a lead"!  At this point the owner seemed to be startled that someone who had just been harrassed by THEIR dog might actually say something. So his response was "what did you say pal?".  So I calmly replied with, "Not everyone likes dogs. If I wanted a dog to jump all over me and put it's shitty paws all over my clothes I'd have bought a dog. If I wanted to be hassled by a dog whilst out walking and minding my own business, I'd have brought a dog with me. If YOU cannot control your dog then you should have it on a fooking lead!  Pal".  He muttered something under his breath and started to walk off. So I just calmly thanked him for apologising for the behaviour of HIS dog and my dirty clothes. He just stopped and looked like an alien had landed.

And people wonder why I hate dogs so much and why I don't have much time for dog owners in general. So dog owners, what would you have done if this had been your dog?

The small print.

I have said it before. There are inconsiderate assholes in all walks of life.  Dog owners are no different to anyone else.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

And people wonder why I hate people so much and why I don't have much time for people in general.

FTFY

The dog was only acting on instinct, it's the owner who is to blame.
I certainly understand your reaction, I would have been p!ssed as well. At the owners behavior, I do love dogs. 😉

And as we're sharing stories, we were out walking in the local forest with our little mutt earlier today when what looked like a small Malamute crossed the road in front of us. Ours usually doesn't react well to other dogs and we always keep him on a leash, and close by when encountering other dogs. And a good thing too, as another free running dog appeared. Why we were waiting to continue our path, the other owners were hanging about, not minding their 2 dogs or their 2 little children. When a gap opened and we attempted to cross, one of the dogs came at ours. At about 4 times his size and with unclear intentions, i was far from amused and put myself in its path. And barked at the owner, who then went on to explain how it was our fault because our dog on a leash must have provoked his. God I hate that kind of people...
Later on we encountered 2 volunteers handing out leaflets about new walkways etc in the forest. They acknowledged free running dogs are a major problem, not only for other dogs and walkers, but also for the many wild animals. Unfortunately there's little they can do but appeal to the owners commons sense, as even when a warden issues a ticket it is usually dismissed by the powers that be...
This and inconsiderate cyclists (many paths are reserved for walkers only but used as highways by the spandex brigade) often makes our walks far less pleasant than they should be. Current situation with many people out there and many of those on a short fuse only aggravate things.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Neal H said:

Okay dog behaviour experts, I had an unpleasant encounter with dogs this morning.

I was out on official business and walking along a river embankment heading back to my car. Ahead I could see a small terrier type dog (Jack Russell?) barking at me. I kept going and as I got closer it started to charge at me all snarling teeth, just as I was about to try and boot it halfway across the river, it stopped and started backing up, still growling snarling and showing its teeth. I thought okay, it’s only small and I’m sure I can do it far more damage than it can do me if it comes too close. It was at this point I realised it wasn’t alone, I was now surrounded by five of the little bastards all growling and snarling at me with exposed teeth. I thought if I stop walking they may attack, or if I lash out at one it may provoke them to actually attack - one I think I could deal with, but five could do me some serious damage. I just kept walking at a steady pace. At any given moment one of them would rush at me but always back off just before it was in biting (or kicking) range. This continued for several minutes until they backed off and disappeared.

There was a junk yard across the road and I assume they had found their way out. Quite scary really and it was hard to resist the temptation to make a run for it, but I suspect if I had they would have come in for the kill (or at least the biting).

Imagine if you had a dog or heaven forbid little child with you, they wouldn't stand a chance against 5 probably trained to be vicious scrotebags. Next time, call the police at the soonest opportunity. Hopefully they'll nuke them from orbit or at the very least make 2.5 pairs of slippers out of them. Harsh? I think not.

• Love 1

Signature not working...

1 hour ago, Escape said:

FTFY

Actually you didn't!

I hate dogs.  Would be quite happy to eat them, after all, they're just another animal!  Yes, I know, that will offend a lot of dog owners (farmers don't get offended when you talk about eating pigs, lambs, cows, chickens etc), but as you point out, lots of dog owners are quite happy to offend lots of people, including other dog owners. Or anyone else who happens to be around. Yes I also know that some dog owners are responsible, but hey, as you said....

I totally agree with you re cyclists, but think it is lycra they wear and not Spandex. Had a go at one of them yesterday who shot past an old lady at warp speed on a shared path and nearly gave her a heart attack. He didn't like it when  I shouted at him and he stopped - so I pointed out that as a cyclist he would constantly moan about cars passing him too close at speed, so why did he think it was OK to ride at full pelt within 6 inches of a pensioner.  He shut up at that point as he knew he had been a selfish c@@t!  As Victor Meldrew would say, it was a good walk yesterday! :)

In my Lotus the other day sat behind 4 cyclists riding two abreast for 3 miles on a narrow lane.  They made no effort to single out. Didn't toot my horn. Didn't rev my engine or intimidate. just tucked is away for a future encounter when a cyclist expected me to courteous on a shared path. Oh, and before you think I'm just grumpy (little old me?) I should point out that I was a keen amateur racing cyclist until I was 25, my daughter was a Scottish champion, etc - so not anti-cyclist just know when they are being c@@t's because they are entitled aren't they! Just like some dog owners.......

The small print.