Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone going to Bromley Pageant? - UK - Kent - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone going to Bromley Pageant?

pfallon

Hello to everyone, I haven't been very active since joining some months ago because I've not had much to talk about, but now I have. I'am now the very proud owner of a Gold Elite 504 (CYH 803V)

People might remember one for sale in March at the Historics auction? Well I decided that it would be mine and finally it is. I collected it this Saturday from Maidstone Sports Cars after quite a period of recommissioning. It turns out the hammer price was just the "first instalment". But with new rear brakes, fuel pump, fuel sender, anti roll bar and all manner of other bits and bobs along with some rear seat belts and a little bit of paint and some oil it's ready to meet the world.

So is was thinking of entering it in the Bromley Pageant next month and wondered if any other Elite/Eclat owners would be there? it's my first foray into classic ownership and whilst I know next to nothing about what happens under the bonnet I would like to find out more.

From looking round the forum there does seem to be a small but thriving South London Lotus scene.

It'd be great to hear from anyone thinking of going. So hopfully....

cheers everyone

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Paul and welcome to the family.

Looking forward to seeing it parked proudly outside the Bull with the non descripts.

Best

Rick

Welcome Paul!

I'm happy to hear an elite has landed with a caring new owner in the locality!

Bromley used to be on everyones classic car "must attend" list, but it seemed to become a victim of its own success and fell out of favour with a lot of classic car club organisers. probably because it went a bit chav for a few years.

I've not been for 3-4 years as Saxo's, corsas and civics that have been covered in glue and driven through halfords aren't my thing.

Access in and out is also atrocious with long queues for attendees.

brands hatch lotus festival is a much more enjoyable local show for me. I definitely will be attending that and plan to camp again, however I could perhaps give Bromley another go if it doesn't clash with something else.

The organisers put a lot of noses out of place when they starting charging clubs to attend. You pay per car and there's a minimum fee so they wanted both slices of the pie which is just greedy.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and encouragement.

Having dragged my wife and daughter to the Pageant on and off these past few years now we have our very own classic my daughters very keen to show her off and bask in the motor show "glamour". I'll have to comply with her wishes and fork out the fiver entry fee and plan some kind of seventies themed picnic.

That's all good fun and I'll have to play my part and learn some Lotus facts should anyone ask questions, but I'm also hoping to learn as much as I can from the day. Why the right indicator blinks but the left doesn't? what's that funny sound? should that really do that? etc.

So really looking forward to meeting other owners and even maybe learn how to "fix" things or a least discover what to worry about and what not to. I'm also very proud of our new car and also looking forward to doing a bit of basking.

It's been 40 years since my dad told me we'd be getting a Vauxhall Chevette and not a Lotus. I've finally been able to put that shame behind me. I wonder how old my daughter will be when she gets her blue 74 Countach?

Hopefully there will be some other examples of seventies Norfolk wedgyness this June.

Come and say hello. Mines the Gold one.

• 2 years later...