Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro Turbo meet - Hethel 3rd October - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro Turbo meet - Hethel 3rd October

The Pits

I think 6 dry sumps plus a cardboard box is enough to make it worthwhile.

Just to get the ball rolling I thought we could try and see if we could all do a date before the festival at Brands?

How does Saturday July 25th or Sunday 26th work for you? I could also do the 18th/19th if that would work better.

ChrisJ had a great idea of finding a pub near Aylesbury which just so happens to be near where Tim is restoring his BRG dry sump. It would be quite an incentive for him to get his car back on the road to see 6 dry sumps rock up outside his local. Open to suggestions for a suitable pub. Otherwise this place doesn't looks quite good but will need to check about parking.

http://www.sevenstarsdinton.com/index.php

Parking looks a bit better here: http://therussellarms.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The 18/19th works better for me as I can't make the 25/26 July.

Given that I'm hoping to make the Lotus Festival September would be better but happy to go along with others if I can.

I'm out of the country from 29th June, landing back 23rd July. Don't think I could make 25/26 July and stay married. 

However I am around all August and September.

26th definite no no. No way Hozay! Other than that I think Ok for me. Just got to finger out to get g/box back in although saying that I've got to finish getting it out yet!

Hi all,

A friend of mine has 4 (yes 4!) dry sumps that are all in different stages of restoration. None of the cars are currently on the road, however he has plenty of room next to his garage to welcome the road worthy dry sumps, and would welcome a visit. He is near Swaffam in Norfolk, so perhaps we could tie this in with a visit to Hethel?

Thoughts?

Four?! That's twice as many as Barrie! ;)

Great suggestion if he was willing to show us his garage. What colour combinations does he have out of interest?

From memory there are two white ones, one copper and one in black. One of the white ones is the fire damaged one I got from trevsked last year with my current car, and the other was the kit of parts sold at the silverstone auction last summer. Don't ask about 4 studs or 5 - that gets complicated!!!!!!!!!

If others are interested then I will get some possible dates for you.

Cheers

Yes please dates would be welcome, with the Brands festival in August it's probably best to look at September now. Thanks.

Looks ok for me. Hopefully the factory would be open to letting us in the gates for a few photos. Bibs would Saturday increase the chances of this happening or Sunday be better?

I really want to get my car back to hethel one day. I'd be tempted to make a weekend of it and try and recreate the classic white dry dump shot in Norwich town centre. Better start casting for bikini models now ;)

Jonny - next weekend, Heritage track day @ Hethel any good?

1st time my Esprit will have been back through the gates in 33 years - been outside a couple of times :)

Chris

Ok thanks Phil.

My turn to look after the kids next weekend Chris, shame would love to have done that.

How does 19th/20th look for everyone?

I have a race at Oulton Park that weekend. Not compulsory but desirable. If everyone else can make it I'll drop the race for a dry sump meet. If not it would have to be the Sunday.

is there allready a place where its gone be?

maby i could come over to the U.K.

i dont think that i could come with my dry sump (because its not yet ready) but i could come with my S4s,

Greetings from holland,

I think Tocus would qualify as an actual dry sump owner and heaven only knows what Trevor will show up in but yes, ideally, G cars only.

But I don't think we should be turning away anyone who has driven all the way from Holland just for a few hours in a pub all for the love of the early G Turbos! All G Turbo fans are welcome, it should be quite a sight to see all the cars lined up. But no offence should be taken if asked to remove your non-Giugiaro car from the line-up for the photos!

The thing is, Trevor's DeLorean was also penned by Giugiaro wasn't it? ...I fear the directors of The Dry Sump Owner's Club will need to reconvene to sort that one out....

:)

Come on Chris.....I think if someone is prepared to travel from abroad to meet us all he should be welcomed.

I jacked in my Lotus club that "welcomed everyone" for that.  Unless you were in their little click then you were about as welcome as Obama would have been at Saddams dining table.

• Gold FFM

Sorry, guys.

This wet sump will have to drop out in September!

It will be with me in the South of France with 5 other cars from Wessex Club Lotus.

Enjoy your dry get together!

Kevin