Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants meet up - Page 7 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

• Gold FFM

You don't need to bring your Lotus - although I can understand why you'd want to ;)

Whereabouts in Hants are you so we can maybe arrange a May meet in your neck of the woods?

Should be able to make it. At that time there's potentially a good photo opportunity in the Yew Tree Heath car park, off the excellent Ipley Road.

• Gold FFM

Excellent news Tim.

Looking forward to hearing how your hunt for an Esprit is progressing.

23 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Would love to but taking wifey out :wub:

Bring her along Paul... it's practically a date... :P

Good to see the Hants faithful once again although anyone hoping for another treatise on the EU left sorely disappointed! The cheesy chips were reasonable compensation however.

Special mention to Trevor who smashed the distance travelled record for our humble gatherings, it was a thrill to see the ONLY Evora GTS in Europe (1 of 3 in the world!) roll up.

IMG_3788.jpg

Most of all though, MASSIVE conratulations to Dave for his engagement.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Dang it!

I knew something special would turn up if I didn't go :)

Congrats Dave, although the Evora is on a sticky wicket with another love in your life!

• Gold FFM

Thanks guys.

For the sake of accuracy - we 've set a date.  We've been together for fourteen years and engaged for three and a half years :)

Paul, the Evora is safe.  It does mean that my plans for a 400 have been slightly kyboshed for now... but it's a small price to pay.

Trevor, that GTS is absolutely stunning.  I had real "Evora Envy".

It was great to see you all as usual.

Those of us heading up to MBW, should definitely meet up and drive up together :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finding it hard to see past an urgent IMAX appointment to see Civil War asafp.

Have also recently acquired an Integrale, just so we can finally answer the question of which car has the finest power steering on Earth.

The nominees are: 1. Delta Integrale. 2. Lotus Evora. 3. Lotus Esprit - S4 onwards.

More helpfully, a reasonably organised convoy to Brooklands next weekend would be a good use of our quota this month.

• Gold FFM
18 hours ago, The Pits said:

Finding it hard to see past an urgent IMAX appointment to see Civil War asafp  

Sunday night - late show?  The OH wants to see this, so you can pick us up in the Integrale :P (Cue innuendo from his Bibness)

Single? Very nearly!

Dave patience was never one of my virtues, saw it tonight. Well worth a repeat viewing but I can't do Sunday night.

Alan perhaps you could supply the V8 for a very worthy cause? The public deserve to know which is the best power steering system of all time, even if it's a draw between the two Lotus's!

still can't wink, or is that fixed yet? ;)

No class these Swindon people, not even the esprit owners! :w$nk:

• Gold FFM

Bloody Hell Jonny - that was quick.

Liz and I going Sunday night.

Right peeps, TLF international jobby next weekend.

Who's up for travelling up together?

I cant go due to grand daughters birthday......god I feel old now!

Just removed the worst power steering ever made from the Elite, how come the Esprit steering is so good?

that wedge shaped thing in your rear view mirror will be me Dave. What time shall we aim to leave? It makes sense to meet over by you first as its on the way for me.

• Like 1

Keen to roll with the Hants convoy this Sunday, it will be my first visit to Brooklands and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.

I aim to leave the New Forest at around 8:00, I believe the festival begins at 10:00.

Is the M3 or the A31 the best route past Winchester?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hi Tim, thought you'd gone AWOL!

In a rush of community spirit Jonny and I have volunteered to help Bibs organising the Parking.  That means we'll be leaving the Sports Centre (Applemore) in Hythe at 0700 :o

You're welcome to join us... but totally understand if you'd rather the extra rack time.

• Gold FFM

That's great Tim.

Personally, I'd much rather avoid sitting on the M3 @ 50 mph on Sunday as I do enough of that during the week. 

So A31 from Winchester up to join the A3 at Guildford.