Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Factory Photo Etiquete - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Factory Photo Etiquete

right.........

I will ask a silly question.......

I got shouted at by security last time.........I turned up in the Evora...parked it infront of the Lotus sign at the end of Potash Lane/factory gates........

Im bringing the +2 up this time so thought Id like to do the same......get some photos that is....

is there an etiquete to this....ie should I ask security?...and take my time over the photos.....or do I just photobomb it as last time?.....and do a runner?....

just thought Id aak......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go at the weekend when they are all but closed. Speak to the guy on the gate.

He accommodated a 30 Elise photoshoot the Saturday before last. Gave him something different to do!

Dave.

Hmm... never knew that Lotus developed something very important and secret in there...

Silly. Teach the guard a lesson of being polite, inviting and generally do Things the Lotus way. Not the hooligan style

What's next? A Lotus gate guard shouting: "Make way for the Queens guard!"  ??

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

They have a lot of clients with whom they have signed confidentiality agreements, hence no cameras on site when inside the gates.

That said, if you're in a place the public is expected to be, eg outside the gate, there's no law or rule stopping you taking pictures perfectly legally. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I always find a quick ask will do the job. They are all ok most of the time, just ask if you can please take a pic of the sign outside (on a public road) with your Lotus infront of it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Torment the jobsworth, I have a redo all dislike for his traffic warden mentality. As long as it's outside its fine but not once through the gate.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I fully understand the policy of not allowing photography within the factory area (working with R&D myself). But what annoys me is that it seems to be randomly enforced. When we did the factory tour last summer we left both camera and phones in the car as we were told to do so. But we were really surprised to see other visitors openly taking photos with their mobile phones without being corrected. Rather annoying since I'd love to have some photos both of Lotus Motorsport Evoras as well as Evoras being assembled. 

Those people may have been guests of the CEO, or Proton/DRB senior staff, journalists or similar. The rule is no cameras, no cameraphones on site but for high level visitors there are concessions of course. It's certainly not random, they enforce the rules very strictly.

When I'm on site in my capacity of a journalist, I'm allowed a camera but must be in the company of Lotus staff at all times. Their contracts with 3rd parties are too lucrative to have a snap happy journo sneak a quick pic of something they shouldn't see and in truth, if something like that got out, you'd not visit Hethel again.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

well tonight's the night.......

I'm going to tell security what I'm doing.......

I'll let you know how things go..........

well......

I asked.....

"Id just like to take a couple of pictures with the sign at the end of the road......if that's ok with you!!!"

"certainly.....I lift the barriers and let you in so you can turn round rather than reversing down the one way entrance road......we have lorries delivering and don't want you to have an accident.....but yes....feel free to take some pictures"

IMAG02971_zpshuh2pwmn.jpg

no....didn't need to take 'Chewy' with me.....

:-D

Oh now where's the fun in that? :hrhr:

Exactly, you should have taken the pics then video' the jobsworth running down after you only to wave his finger like it made a difference. And by the way I'm polite to people who are polite to me, perhaps you had a different fella on the gate.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.