Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oh, Poo ! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oh, Poo !

mikeh

Walked outside this morning to see my neighbor's tree fell on two of my S1's.  I guess I didn't have enough to do on them already.  They are not totaled, but will need fiberglass repairs, obviously.  Sigh.............

post-5044-0-73973300-1437011199.jpg

post-5044-0-84990000-1437011213.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

That should be covered by his home insurance. I'd be asking.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A terrible shame! At least the blue one seems to have escaped?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Oh Boy!

Insurance - they had been perfectly restored before that, I'm guessing?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

The Blue car is undamaged.

Still working on the insurance, I've never kept auto insurance on projects in this state before.  It does not fall under my homeowner's policy.  Also, my agent stated it is not my neighbor's responsibility even though  it fell on my property unless I had sent him a certified letter  asking him to cut it down (which there were no signs of the tree being dead or damaged). 

I keep a high deductible anyways, so I may have to just take it on the chin and fix it without involving insurance companies.  He is a good neighbor, I think he will try to help make the situation "right".

Really hope so.

At the end of the day, he didnt expect it, could have fallen on his stuff so....

An amazing collection you have there already. 

Look forward to hearing more from this stable.

Simon

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Understand on your insurance mate, but he must have liability insurance and the tree is his? If not ask politely for him to contribute as he should have maintained his foliage better!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

I'm in the UK - not sure where you are

But - my household insurance does cover 3rd party damage done by trees - we have lots - and it's a pain sorting it on the insurance - but doesn't really add much to be fair.

The insurance will try and wiggle as its hit a car - but the damage has been done - so it's worth pressing them. First answer will always be no - second or third ask might prove better

Only here once