Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Demand for ITG intake - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Demand for ITG intake

Would you buy an ITG intake?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

+50 BHP!!!!!

That'll do nicely - in fact, more than nicely. BIG WANT - NOW!!!

Tell us who the manufacturer is and we'll blockade their factory. Nobody gets to leave the building until they come up with the goods.

wot he said!!!!

:ph34r:

:)

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Update:

Hi Lee

Sorry I haven’t been in the office much.

We are currently inundated with requests to create new kits, I have enough to keep me busy for the next year.  The decision as to which kits we develop is largely based on a commitment from distributors to purchase certain quantities.  While we have developed kits based on forum interest in the past we are often left with only a handful committing to having a kit. I really need to get some commitment from our distributors before starting on this kit.  

Best regards,

Paul Wyhinny

Development Engineer

Induction Technology Group Ltd

Siskin Drive

Coventry

CV3 4FJ

Tel: 024 7630 5386

Fax: 024 7630 7999

So basically we need to get a supplier onsite, someone like Seriously Lotus, EliseShop etc.

i really thought they'd be keen to help, they have been in the past and there is certainly a market for v6 NA and S.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Well, I'm sure these suppliers read this site, so, it would be good for them to pipe up and take control. Bet they won't though.

I'd like this thing to happen, but it just looks like it won't and so the options remain BOE or KomoTec. If i go down this route I think the option for me, is to wait a couple of extra months, buy less beer, and use the money i save to buy the KT carbon CAI over the BOE. The KomoTec product has been well tested after all and they have shown a great commitment to develop perormance options for the Evora platform tat I believe we should try to support.

As for the other thing - it really is not my place to divulge on this as the info I got I was told to keep to myself - and if it is NOT going to happen, well, it's not worth knowing anyway. The suppliers involved are definitely on here, so, when the time is right, i am sure they will share info on why not, or, hell yes it is coming.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

As for the other thing - it really is not my place to divulge on this as the info I got I was told to keep to myself - and if it is NOT going to happen, well, it's not worth knowing anyway. The suppliers involved are definitely on here, so, when the time is right, i am sure they will share info on why not, or, hell yes it is coming.

It's too bad that the other thing is stalled, since 2 of the 3 pieces of the puzzle are already finished. 

• 1 year later...

Just reading and now resurrecting this old thread... did anything come of this?

Pretty keen to fit a CAI to my Evora N/A!

The OEM intake an airbox looks very restrictive!! 

Cheers, Pete :>)

No. Unfortunately, ITG require the purchaser to commit to a minimum number of units (50, is it?) That’s quite a lot of cash to have potentially sitting on a shelf. 

Komotec (via Hangar111), ES Motorsports (in Norfolk) and Lir Racing (in France) all produce intakes based on an ITG filter. 

16 hours ago, pete757 said:

Just reading and now resurrecting this old thread... did anything come of this?

Pretty keen to fit a CAI to my Evora N/A!

The OEM intake an airbox looks very restrictive!! 

Cheers, Pete :>)

BOE CAI is the only retail option as far as I am aware and it makes a big difference....

What you really need is a friend or friendly forum member who goes to the US to pick one up for you.

On 06/03/2018 at 12:30, Del Lardo said:

BOE CAI is the only retail option as far as I am aware

Nope. You can get them much closer to home:

"Komotec (via Hangar111), ES Motorsports (in Norfolk) and Lir Racing (in France) all produce intakes based on other filters. "

• Like 1

Komotec listed as for the S only, not the NA.  If it does work with the NA then great but nearly twice the price!

ES, I was talking to yesterday, mentioned that they had a kit but didn't seem to be that well advertised, not sure if the car needs to go there but no doubt they would be very helpful if you ask them.

Lir, couldn't seen anything on their website, anyone have any experience of their solution?

On 06/03/2018 at 12:56, Bravo73 said:

150??!?

Is that a typo? ;)

Should be 15bhp i believe.

From speaking to Dave at hangar 111 the KT carbon cai works well on the NA too, not just the S.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Need. No.

Benefit from one. Possibly.

If you change the headers and use a CAI then I think you need a remap to really see the benefit but could then be looking at 310/315/320 bhp which is about same power to weight as an S without all the extra weight - if that makes sense.

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Need. No.

Benefit from one. Possibly.

If you change the headers and use a CAI then I think you need a remap to really see the benefit but could then be looking at 310/315/320 bhp which is about same power to weight as an S without all the extra weight - if that makes sense.

Perfect sense mate! :lol: