Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So what Evora 400 colour would you choose? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So what Evora 400 colour would you choose?

The Pits

When I was at Hethel looking at all the colours the chap showing me around stated that the current green that is in the brochure has been replaced with a different shade. The new green cars were being made for Europe. The new green did initially look nice however I felt as though it might get a bit boring.

Incidentally I went to the factory wanting to get the green but I changed my mind after seeing the orange one.

I like the Evora in lighter colours without the black pack. This may put me in the minority as most people seem to love the black SR styling cues, but I like the way the windscreen and side windows merge to look like a visor similar to the Lancia Stratos. This effect is lost with darker colours or the black pack, although the car is still stunning so this is personal preference.

I also felt that a light coloured roof might help people to see me coming, and for that reason I fancied a bright yellow or orange, but for some reason my children didn't want me to go with those colours so I went for metallic Laser Blue and I love it. So much so that if I ever go for the 400 I'd want the same colour.

Interior I'm not sure about and would have to see in the flesh. Black is safe and the most practical, but tan would probably look a bit more interesting whilst a red leather could be the adventurous option. What worries me with some lighter colours inside the cockpit is the potential for reflections in the windsceen - does this happen with the Evora? It may not be a problem, but in some cars I've found reflections in the windscreen quite annoying.

4 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

I like the Evora in lighter colours without the black pack....

What worries me with some lighter colours inside the cockpit is the potential for reflections in the windsceen - does this happen with the Evora? It may not be a problem, but in some cars I've found reflections in the windscreen quite annoying.

I too like the lighter colors and not the black pack.

I own a white one with black interior and never noticed any glare.

Edited by brightoncorgi
  • Like 1

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have Oyster interior cars and in the early days before they changed things the instrument binnacle had a horrendous relection on sunny days.  The rest was fine.  The removable panel on top of the binnacle then went to dark colours which you can't see from inside but looks a bit afterthought naff imo from the outside.  I think they then made the whole of the top of the dash to a dark colour if memory serves me right around 2011 or so.

It was my first time with a lighter interior and will not be back any time soon being a 100% of the time jeans wearer.  Much happier back in black interiors but with the SR seats (after fit) just picking out some red details which match the car colour nicely.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Oyster looks fab, especially in a red Evora. I used to have a Jag XJ with the Champagne and Barley leather interior and it lasted great for 93k miles and I wore jeans a lot too, though, I never did get around to the sheepskin coat and trilby and I'm kinda' sad about that!

I'm with Danelaw though on the Tan/Cognac, I think it looks great and to be honest I just find all the black interiors just a tad, well, boring. Al, I'll give you that the Sports Racer seats do work well to lift the black interior, they are actually quite a subtle and classy upgrade, though I am probably going to go with Tan or cream if I get the interior re-trimmed as I think it will really life the Evora into another level. Something like one of these schemes:

If I was really brave and bold I'd actually quite like the red interior below with my red Evora!!!   Don't think I have big enough balls though to be honest.

To keep on topic though, I do think Lotus is missing a trick, especially with the Evora, with the limited interior colour choices. There's also money to be made in "premium" interior upgrades so for instance new Recaro seat options over the Sparco with better finishing/trim choices at a £5k premium. Works for everyone else (Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc...)

ferrari-458.jpg

DB9 cream red.jpg

cuoio.jpg

gran.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That's OK Colin, you can stick to black or charcoal too. It's nice. It's safe. But bland and boring as flook. It's also strange when you look back through history at Lotus cars as they have never been afraid before to use colour in the interior with some wonderful schemes including red/orange and green tartan, green two tone leathers, purples, red, cream/barley, etc.

I think another thing we have to thank for bloody boring German car manufacturers for - making everyone think black, grey and silver are the only exterior colour choices and black and black with a hint of charcoal are the only interior choices. This public converging around a brooding, bland, boring and "safe" colour scheme worries me more than any amount of government snooping! :)

Maybe Lotus could try these options for the 400: (yes, that last Esprit does have a YELLOW leather interior, from the factory too I believe!)

tartan.jpg

green 2.jpg

green.jpg

lotuscamo.jpg

red.jpg

sky 2.jpg

sky.jpg

yellow.jpg

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I really like natural color leathers in shades of brown, just looks like leather.  Blue and Burgundy are also quite classic and would be a nice touch.  No one does fabric seats like they use to and that should be an option.  I mentioned this before, but it would awesome if Lotus partnered with a British designer to offer some bespoke fabric and/or leather options under license of said designer.

• Like 1

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

1 hour ago, brightoncorgi said:

I really like natural color leathers in shades of brown, just looks like leather.  Blue and Burgundy are also quite classic and would be a nice touch.  No one does fabric seats like they use to and that should be an option.  I mentioned this before, but it would awesome if Lotus partnered with a British designer to offer some bespoke fabric and/or leather options under license of said designer.

I have terrible visions of Burberry patterned interiors!

• Like 1

I'm with Andy on this one :thumbup:, I always try to avoid an all black interior for something which feels more "airy" inside and, IMO, a more pleasant place to spend time (although some of the examples above are a bit extreme :lol:) hence why I chose an Evora with a red interior. It works well for me but I appreciate we are all different and it would not be the choice for others.

No matter what car I am buying, it's the feel of the interior which is more important to me with the outside colour being secondary, unless you are buying a car to admire more whilst it's sat on the driveway :P

May be I'm late to the party but I just spotted on the corporate website that Lotus came up with a new tidbit from the long awaited configurator. One can now have a look at what his or her Evora 400 would look like from the 3/4 front/side view. The renderings do not appear high resolution, so I don't know what it's really worth in terms of true colors - the red rendering looks nothing like the red Evora 400 with black pack from the living with the evora thread - but it sure does look more business in 2015. The tool does not display the black pack option so it is an occasion to see what the cars would look like with coloured roof, and I have to say the green oh the green looks glorious.

Still no other signs of the configurator, but judging by the bits we've been getting since september, that thing should be ready to go online. which leads me to think that Lotus is either not really satisfied with it or JMG wants to wait until the US launch ( in December!!!) or the unveil of the Evora Roadster in Geneva.  

Edited by NedaSay

I love the continuity... 

Click yellow and it says "solid yellow"

yet in the colour chart just below it says the yellow is metallic!

sloppy work!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I think it is very much still work in progress, but yes some people at marketing and communications need to have a sit down with the people in charge on the website.

As just below the new rendering you still see the now useless and really dull color chart. the model pages need a complete overall...

Funny stuff the 3Eleven is now part of the Evora range, which is funny considering it is pretty much a revamped Exige V6 chassis.

My mind is constantly changed regarding 400 colours, I've been convinced by several now that should I ever jump it would be them. I'm now flip flopping again after a YouTube vid, I'd stick with my current SR white colour scheme, looks awesome on the 400.

So will there be any special order colours, or have Lotus enforced the current colour palette?

Still wanting to see some "non black pack" cars.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

On 27 September 2015 at 13:28:42, internets said:

MSG :wub: (or white...or red... ;) )

MSG being MotorSport Green?

I believe one has been ordered, I'd quite like to see it.

Is that not the B&C car shown in early posts here 

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

No, that's British Racing Green.

BRG is flat green and dark. MSG is metallic and lighter.

Not going to argue as I haven't a clue of the differences but I think I know the colour you mean as I saw an Elise in it at MMC, but I think the 4th post 2nd photo on the rear 3/4 angle looks very metallic although granted dark.  Maybe BRG has gone metallic now as well?

• Like 1

Nice & that was the Elise colour I saw. Thanks for the clarity.

Motorort Green may be similar (if not the same) as the new NA that Snows had for sale for months until recently. I say similar because, IMO, it looks too light in this picture. Could Lotushave changed the shade for the 400?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/sold-sold-lotus-evora-2-2-v6-n-a-finished-in-stunning-motor-sport-green-drive-away-on-our-50-50-deal-for-24997-50p/2895978

When I bought mine Silverstone had a dark green one in stock which I was tempted by. I decided against it and then after seeing it polished up in the showroom  2 weeks later I thought it looked stunning. I can't remember the exact shade but it was described to me as the same colour as the original Lotus Carlton. Would like to see a 400 with no black pack in that colour