Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The first UK wet sump Turbo. - Page 9 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The first UK wet sump Turbo.

stephenwhyte

It was a lovely car @Buddsy but just not what I was looking for long term......

Here's an ad of it when it was at UkSportscars when it came back up for sale a couple of years ago.

For me this was the original spec for yours anyway........and originality is always king.:thumbup:

http://www.uksportscars.com/view/lotus-esprit-turbo-1986-51000-miles-from-new-calypso-red/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2017 at 18:40, stephenwhyte said:

IMG_2407.JPG

Sorry Stephen, I know it is your life and your choice but this one does it for me oh so much more.

I want to replicate that but with my green V8 and a black Turbo...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
On 19/11/2017 at 16:36, S4S 4 said:

Looks very nice in starlight black . The noise of the plack exhaust is amazing on full chat. Such a easy car to drive fast compared to the Esprit.

Some might say the esprit is easy to drive fast....... or so I’m told ?

• Haha 1

Only here once

No need to apologise @swindon_alan it’s each to their own isn’t it. I really enjoyed my time with the S4s.......but my true Esprit love was always for an early red Turbo with black interior.

Remember that I had chased the purchase of my current red Turbo Esprit for 4 years (and lusted after the exact spec I have for 33 years!) but committed to actually buying the S4s first because I got bored and frustrated waiting. Then the week I bought the S4s the seller of the Turbo put me to the ultimate test......he was ready to sell. Couldn’t quite believe he was doing it......but I pulled out all the stops and managed it. That’s the point I knew the S4s would probably likely be sold at some point in the near future. That point came when I test drove the Exige 380 in April - but now as circumstance would have it, I now have an Evora S and love it.....and really not sure which way to turn if at all. It has been a great journey so far though and long may it continue. 

You’ll complete your dream line up at some point I’m sure - the search is half the fun:thumbup:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Steve V8 said:

How do you cope Stephen, with such choices to make?

That’s easy Steve - I can’t drive either right now.....🤔

Turns out my Exige hasn’t been road legal since I got it as the private plate retention certificate got separated from the registration doc at the DVLA......courtesy of Lotus’ crap procedures apparently! Should be sorted by the end of the week I’m told but won’t hold my breath.......Lotus really do suck at an awful lot of simple simple stuff. Oh and the Esprit isn’t MOT’d - tried last week but when I took it to the tester at an arranged 9am they had a truck stuck on the ramp.....so no MOT. 

They’re nice to look at though.....🤨

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

They’re nice to look at though.....🤨

They are stunning Stephen. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Ad initium

• 1 month later...

Well I had managed to let the MOT due date run past back in March but eventually got round to getting in this morning.......and it’s a pass again! Very happy - now.......do I tax it and take her for a drive?🤔

CE5FCBFA-E527-4495-B786-C750A1D1B74B.jpeg

63016A9C-F197-46FD-B48F-A0FB9942E446.jpeg

446DEDF4-76F0-44D2-9C1C-5FABB0B6F4C7.jpeg

2F233ED1-DC15-4A2D-AB6E-908552E05B8F.jpeg

BD41ADD9-EE73-4F6E-9481-1AA17D1657AB.jpeg

D0BB35C0-6B83-498E-99F7-34A7BA815DEB.jpeg

• Like 2

Both cars are looking great Stephen. Nice seeing the mica yellow again in some of your older posts..sure it's being well looked after with its new owner.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the kind comments - it’s a lovely car.......I got very lucky when I found this one. 

The above photo makes the car look like it’s got positive camber on the rear. It doesn’t in real life but looks like it in the photo - some weird lens issue with the phone camera. In truth I never actually took the photos - they were taken by a guy that stopped me when I was giving it a short run up the street where I live - he was blown away with it......which was nice to see.

Rather guiltily I’ve not had the car out much lately - too busy enjoying its younger sibling😉