Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engine Undertray - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine Undertray

I replaced the bolts and rubber bung nuts with 1/4  twist and turn ( cant remember the proper name) fittings. Then on refitting you just press  them in to lock.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ooh... Those might be interesting. Don't suppose you could post a pic or a link to the type of fitting you used?

If I had something that was more 'quick release' I might be more inclined to re-fit a tray.

TBH I'd prefer to have one, if only to pursue my quest towards total originality...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/quick-release-fasteners/speciality-fasteners-push-turn-fastener-refill-kit

That's what I used but other types are available. Its not a 5 minute fit as the receiver bits need riveting in place but its much quicker to undo.

Pic below is what they look like ( although its upside down)

DSC_0550.JPG

• Gold FFM

I replaced the bolts and rubber bung nuts with 1/4  twist and turn ( cant remember the proper name) fittings. Then on refitting you just press  them in to lock.

them there rubber bung nut things are the most useless item ever invented. Along with being the most frustrating. They only just beat Ed Balls to first place shittest things ever

Only here once

They come a close 2nd to the mild steel  rivnuts used with mild steel bolts to hold the fuel tank/engine bay dividers in place.  Oh what fun I had when the bolts rusted in and then the rivnuts span in the fibreglass  but couldn't be pulled out.

So is it only the 4cyl cars that have the undertray ?  My v8 doesn't have one & I can't remember on the other cars I looked at