Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Donald. - Page 12 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Donald.

Advantage

• Gold FFM

I am not interested in the protesters, truth be known. There was a vote based on the rules of your country. (be it Brexit or USA president) Get over the result. Walking around yelling isn't going to change anything.

I just caught some of Trumps inauguration speech.

All sounds nice, but how dedicated to the people will the new president be when for so long he has been more interested in building his own worth? Will he be able to change this ingrained principle to become an all-caring president? Or does he see this as a way to get jobs back in America and then still promote his own wealth?

I certainly hope none of his businesses use overseas sweatshops for producing anything. If that got out........

Maybe he will be good coming from a very different mindset? I do know that In Australia, several businessmen got into politics and it went badly.

Someone said that businessmen shouldn't be politicians and politicians shouldn't be businessmen.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Giving his businesses to his sons to run vs selling them as he was directed to do is hardly avoiding conflict of interest, but of course he's Trump and rules don't apply to him. He never will disclose his tax earnings either. With billionaires filling his cabinet you know rich men won't ever be taxed at a higher rate, but rather will continue to enjoy tax loopholes. Time to smile now while the proctologist inserts his finger up my butt.  :(

The choices have been written in the sand, lets just hope that both Brexit and Trump been elected turn out to be good things for both Countries in the long run,

I voted for Brexit so what ever happens it was my choice, and i personally feel good things will come from it in the end for the good of the United Kingdom, 

Regarding Trump i obviously had no vote, but had a bet on it and he has already made me a 100 quid by winning the campaign :) Between him and Clinton i would of voted Trump had i been an American citizen which most of my American relatives voted for anyway. 

• Like 1

A

• Gold FFM

Bullsh£t - that soft old excuse ain't gonna wash with the female preying mantis who wants purple fluffy scatter cushions and you know it :rofl:

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Well that makes a bit of a mockery of what he said in his speech. I wonder why that hasn't been thrown back at him?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

He's the new "Teflon Don". Nothing bad seems to stick when it comes to his supporters. They are willing to pass on all his faults because of the few things they genuinely like about him or they always vote for the Republican candidate, whomever it is. He's constantly contradicting himself, but they still LOVE him.

Go figure.

I'd like a lot of changes too (but at what price?)

Most of the violent stuff such as assaults and acts of vandalism will be done by the likes of people that are just jumping on the bandwagon for the sake of using this demonstration as a form of reason to smash stuff up.  Most could not care less about whos in charge, just an excuse to riot for them.

Just look at the London riots a few years,  most of the little bxxxxds involved in that was just an excuse to loot stuff from the shops that had been broken into..

I suppose you get the same with the animal rights activists, most genuine but some scumbags just want to put a reason for their actions and try and find a cause so they can almost try to con themselves into the belief that there violent actions are acceptable in the modern world. 

The french have the right idea when it comes to these sort of things, cameras on them or not they just let rip with the riot squads and the police do not worry about been all pc, Best way to be with these rioting idiots, is get a big stick and beat them off the streets.  :)

• Like 1

A

Trump has been given  a fairly important job to do and it seems to me that he is an imbecile.  One thing comes out of his mouth or twitter account  and 6 hours latter he contradicts himself.  If he were a 6 year old child it would concern me, in a grown man its worrying and in the president of the US  its terrifying.  If you want to be the president one of the criteria should be that you can act like a adult at least.

Forget what he looks like and imagine he is a 14 year old boy in the playground .   His lack of ability to self regulate fits.    Its almost like nobody has ever said "no Donald, no you cant do that just because  you want to ".  Most adults realise there are things you can think but you shouldn't really say even if your not under the scrutiny he is. Yet it doesn't seem to stop him. 

• Like 1

Hmmm. Lack of ability to self regulate. Well, unlike a large majority of the population in the western world, myself included, he seems to have done a good job of being able to regulate his alcohol limit to zero for his ENTIRE life.  That's not a bad bit of self regulation in my book.  He also has never smoked nor taken drugs - and this has been well investigated. So again, inability to self regulate. Really?

As for his tweets, well, I guess that's just something we will need to get used to. I mean, at least he did not plan and play out what looked to me like a wilful act of the deceit of the nation when he staged an "off the cuff" video interview on a packed train. Something that a future hopeful leader of the UK found no problem with doing. And whilst we're on it, that same individual seems to change his mind and stance on policy more often than I change my underpants. 

Shall we talk about other world leaders like the ex Italian PM (on more than one occasion) who thought nothing of bribery, corruption and orgies as a way to behave whilst in power?

We could talk about the leaders of Argentina and Brazil and their corruption. Where as shall we go?

Again, it is early days, and I think we should all  make a pot of tea, calm down and watch and observe. Let us judge him on his actions as President. I think you will find he will probably be one of the hardest working President's for years and the first into the office each day. probably helped by the fact he does not deal need to deal with a hangover or a hacking cough like the rest of his population!

Only time will allow us to judge how good he was, has been.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

After hearing all the accusations of sexism, racism, and misogyny against Trump over the last few months my wife commented that "Pffff, he sounds just like a normal bloke to me."

Trouble is in today's world of tv - where every single person it seems in early evening soaps like emmerdale is confused about their sexuality - the old norms of rugby changing room banter gets lost.

in its place are complex discussions about the relative merits of the addition of glitter into paint and face creams for men

• Like 1

Only here once