Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WHOBBE! Wilts/Hants/Oxon/Berks/Belgium Esprit Meet Sat 5th March 2016 - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

WHOBBE! Wilts/Hants/Oxon/Berks/Belgium Esprit Meet Sat 5th March 2016

swindon_alan

*** SEVERE WEATHER WARNING ***

Warning    Chief Forecaster's assessment    Weather Impact Matrix

Issued at:
1835 on Fri 4 Mar 2016

Valid from:
1900 on Fri 4 Mar 2016

Valid to:
0900 on Sat 5 Mar 2016

Rain or sleet is likely to fall onto frozen ground to bring a risk of ice on untreated surfaces on Saturday morning. In addition, some transient snow is possible, mainly above 200 metres where 1 cm may settle for a time very locally. This is an update to the warning since some wet snow has already fallen across parts of the Midlands and may lead to icy surfaces on Friday evening - hence this area is now included and the start time has been brought forward.

Please be aware of the potential for difficult driving conditions and slippery surfaces.

It's not looking that good for the morning people. Personally with my Esprit history if there's any sign of ice, snow or frost or if the gritters have been out then I will be giving this a miss and we can postpone it.

Fingers crossed. Either way I will post on here at 07:30 tomorrow morning with my call.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Guys. It's snowing here. 

Im holding fire unless it stops and I don't see that happening, sorry!

:(

weird to be active on the Aircon thread while its 0• out there...

Sorry I have failed on the weather front for this, its clear here and the roads seem ok - please take care if you are planning on coming!

Good to meet some new faces today, a good turnout considering.

Does anyone know how to contact the owner of the Black/Gold Esprit, as he needs a manifold and I have one lying around somewhere ;)

And thanks to Alan and Pat. Was great to see in the workshops!

• Like 1

Great to see so many Esprits given the snow & ice. Thanks to Alan and Pat for organising. Mark, sorry I didn't have time to say hello but we were just leaving as you arrived and were running late.

IMG_2918.thumb.JPG.86c1f42691697487ccd73

• Like 2

Thanks Alan and Pat for organising this. Nice to meet the faces behind the names.

Pat, I was very impressed with the showroom and workshop and the variety of cars you work on/stock. Thank you for the tour.

Alan, I will be at the Brooklands event in May, so will see you then and hopefully resume our talk on all things Lotus!

Martin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Great to see so many Esprits given the snow & ice. Thanks to Alan and Pat for organising. Mark, sorry I didn't have time to say hello but we were just leaving as you arrived and were running late.

IMG_2918.thumb.JPG.86c1f42691697487ccd73

Stunning car Barry, absolutely beautiful. It makes me itch for a G... :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone for turning out on what was not a particularly nice day. A nice selection of Esprit models I thought! Thank you to Hofmanns and Pat for hosting us again (he loves it really I think that he is a closet Esprit owner-to-be :P )

Worth it for the bacon roll from the van once more!

Also great to see our Exige friends coming along. If they don't have an Esprit or one in bits then I think that they will in the not too distant future. There really is something for everyone who has an interest in Lotii or is just a car nut.

We'll diary another one ahead of the summer hols I think @Pat@Hofmanns @BP81. Maybe we will finally get some T-shirt weather...

Cheers all. See you at Brooklands, Castle Combe or at one of the various club events soon.

:beer:

6 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

IMG_3353_zpso9bcue9q.jpg

THIS IS AWESOME

:wub:

• Like 1

When I glanced at the thread title over the past few weeks I thought the meet was in Belgium! Now see it was somewhat closer and very accessible for W London/Surrey.

Maybe next time!

Chaps, the owner of the burnt orange turbo needs an exhaust manifold and the owner of the white Exige V6 (and also an S4s) said he had one going spare. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of their names or forum monikers.

Are you guys on here or can anyone match make to get the two in touch?

• 1 month later...