Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 9 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

5 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

Feel free to say something by message

About the blip I was asking if they could remap the throttle response reaction not an auto blip

If you try to push the clutch and give a very small blip on the throttle on the 380 sometimes it will do almost nothing as if there was too much lag in the response

that throttle response is of course better in sport or race mode but still not direct as it should I think

I think I will go for it

It should help not to overwork the gearbox when downshifting I think

did you tried it yet?

Yep ... its pretty good on track ... not designed for street use and certainly not a perfect system like what you will find in a GT4 etc ... 

It takes stress of the gearbox and it really helps to smooth out critical downshifts ...

So I went to Zolder to test the car a little, but mainly to drive around some customers/friends in the passenger seat.

Got 7 laps alone to test the car a little.

Very poor grip (tyres, track, no lsd?) 

Car went well but on the fast lap side there is for sure 1.5 / 2 sec to win with good grip, good tyres and an lsd, I THINK.

I had to wait long to go on throttle (no lsd), brake very early (grip), or even keep my feet half throttle because full I would go off track.

Check how the are lost front grip .......

• Like 1

Looks great fun and nice driving!

You'd do well to go and do a few limit handling days, your driving is really good, but when the car is going sideways your natural reaction is to back out of the throttle which is unsettling the car. Keep on that throttle smoothly and ride the slide and you'll be quicker and have more fun ;)

• Haha 1

Looks like 7000 rpm, so a little better there too. I think we are all looking forward to seeing what can be acheived at Spa!

What would be a good target time for you?

Just for George, Jokke is one of the fastest drivers here and a very experienced and successful racer. He'd be more likely the one doing the coaching on a limit handling day! 

In the first video it was clearly very slippery and I believe he was trying to keep the car out of the barriers. Only saying this so he doesn't have to!

:thumbup:

Also, when Porsche rear brake lights flicker, does that mean the ABS is active?

17 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Looks like 7000 rpm, so a little better there too. I think we are all looking forward to seeing what can be acheived at Spa!

What would be a good target time for you?

Just for George, Jokke is one of the fastest drivers here and a very experienced and successful racer. He'd be more likely the one doing the coaching on a limit handling day! 

In the first video it was clearly very slippery and I believe he was trying to keep the car out of the barriers. Only saying this so he doesn't have to!

:thumbup:

Also, when Porsche rear brake lights flicker, does that mean the ABS is active?

Ah fair, just looked a bit nervous in the car at those moments :)

Yep ... they flicker when you brake with ABS active ... also on the GT series cars ...

I also clearly saw almost 7000 rpm shifts w/o running into the limiter btw ?

Taking about the target: as far as I know the fastest Exige V6 (with a street legal car or street legal tires etc - not a Race Cup R) time in Spa right now is @Win911 with a low 2:41 ... and he is working on getting sub 2:40 ... thats mighty quick and pretty much GT3 RS territory ...

I would love to do a limit handling day with Jokke as the coach btw ? ... 

• Like 1

On November 3, 2017 at 08:34, Jokke Vlo said:

I was lucky, at the Trackday a truck of Manthey came with two mechanics, to put this GT3RS on track. Did sound quiet different from the orginal too...........

@Jokke Vlo:  As always, great driving Jokke.  I just love your videos.  :thumbsup:

Just a couple comments/recommendations about the Aim SmartyCam template which I'm assuming is tied into your ECU via an OBD bridge connected to an Aim SoloDL:

In order of importance and benefit (perhaps) to you of viewing your videos ;) , I'd change the following:

1) get the throttle bar activated -- the channel and SmartyCam function just need to be sync'ed;

2) add "gear" to the template -- just a simple calibration;

3) change the lap time display to the one which will show and keep your "best lap" displayed throughout the session; and

4) alter the tach range to end at 8K rpms -- totally an aesthetics change and of no real "data" capture benefit

Hope I'm not being too presumptuous, as all of this is personal preference.

I'm using the template pictured below on my CupR (since then, I've added the  "brake-pressure"  bar). Of course, I also like to  have engine data captured during the session and shown on the video, so I don't have to necessarily download the data later and look at squiggly lines on graphs all the time. ;)  Since I review my videos after virtually  every session to do self-critique of my driving, sometimes I can discover some mechanical abnormalities early before they become catastrophic by having that data on the video.59ff318ec84c9_Smartytemplate-V6.thumb.png.499778c3e3b977e01b98fb10e941e371.png

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

I am not good with this things :) but I agree. I will ask a friend to change....

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

@Jokke Vlo where do you do your car control days? Any recommendations?

Cheers

Norbert

http://www.maitriseduvolant.be/

Very good teaching and smalle but technical track settings with diff underground. I have some vids of it at my youtube channel. 

Edited by Jokke Vlo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

I like this kind of open discussion, so go ahead :)

Handling days: I do several of thes every year. Drifting an Exige wit or without LSD is working ok.

I am an amateur racer, so not a pro, I don't say truth is here, but I like to go a little deeper on that slide "strategy". So my opinion is not a pro one, but the one of a passionate driver. 

You are, imo, not totally wrong, but it will be about the right input and, most important, the big difference between the standard open diff or an lsd.

With an LSD it is "easier" to stay on throttle as you will have much quicker and better grip ! On the open diff you risk to go too much down in rpm and have to wait too long to be on the right speed. (wich was my feeling for the laps on the video) 

I try not to cut off the throttle 100% when the car start to go sideways, but also to have asap "grip". The mix to find this sweet spot is not easy. I did several times, this day, what you say, but it took too long in fast corners. It was better to come off (not 100%) quicker off the gas to gain grip. You are right that sometimes the car gets too nervous when doing that.

At the end it is all about GRIP, the sooner you have good gip, the better...........sometimes it work (slow corners) when, partially,  keeping on the throttle, sometimes waiting is the better strategy.

I am sure the car will work better with a no too agressive LSD with this power, so you can easier find the mix with keeping a certain amount of throttle. 

Any opinion welcome. Whe all get better and smarter with this kind of discussion. 

I can't argue with a word of that, very well explained.  B-)

4 hours ago, Jack said:

@Jokke Vlo:  As always, great driving Jokke.  I just love your videos.  :thumbsup:

Just a couple comments/recommendations about the Aim SmartyCam template which I'm assuming is tied into your ECU via an OBD bridge connected to an Aim SoloDL:

In order of importance and benefit (perhaps) to you of viewing your videos ;) , I'd change the following:

1) get the throttle bar activated -- the channel and SmartyCam function just need to be sync'ed;

2) add "gear" to the template -- just a simple calibration;

3) change the lap time display to the one which will show and keep your "best lap" displayed throughout the session; and

4) alter the tach range to end at 8K rpms -- totally an aesthetics change and of no real "data" capture benefit

Hope I'm not being too presumptuous, as all of this is personal preference.

I'm using the template pictured below on my CupR (since then, I've added the  "brake-pressure"  bar). Of course, I also like to  have engine data captured during the session and shown on the video, so I don't have to necessarily download the data later and look at squiggly lines on graphs all the time. ;)  Since I review my videos after virtually  every session to do self-critique of my driving, sometimes I can discover some mechanical abnormalities early before they become catastrophic by having that data on the video.59ff318ec84c9_Smartytemplate-V6.thumb.png.499778c3e3b977e01b98fb10e941e371.png

I am checking the aim product line.  solo dl + smartycam + ecu bridge, very interesting solution, but very expensive also :)

@geartox not cheap but worth the money if you regularly track your car ... I have the MXs + SmartyCam and a couple other things connected to it  ... never had a second thought after I spent the money ... should have done it earlier ?

9 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

http://www.race-navigator.com/en/

This one is very interesting too.. and a little cheaper and less complex to set up

I've been looking at this one for a while: https://www.autosportlabs.com/product/racecapture/ Advantage is that I can couple it to my Android head unit to provide on-board display of all the exiting data.

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I have been trying out www.waylens.com, here is a short video of it in my old 350 Sport (mount was not on right so a little shaky)

It's pretty good for the price. Can do 720p at 120fps, or 1080 at 60fps. OBD support. Very neat and compact little unit and the control app is pretty good.

DJ

• Like 1