Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 3 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

20 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Realistically, are there other upgrades required for this - clutch/gearbox spring to mind?! 460hp is now a long way from factory standard.

Not aware of any issues with the 430 kits that are out there.  The 460 is still in testing, so no useful amount of data to go from yet - if you based it on that video, I think wheelspin would occur well before clutch slip! :o

Dave

18 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

The good thing about the exhaust is that there is no degradation in performance with the valve closed, so no need to worry about track noise, you can just leave it closed!

We don't have a price on the 460 kit yet, but details and prices of the other kits are in our online store.

Dave

Dave can you expand on the exhaust option and benefits please, specifically the following points:-

- Can you confirm the db of the exhaust with the valve closed and valve open

- When you say 'no need to worry about track noise' how do you ensure the valve remains closed when everything is in RACE and traction off... When by default the valve opens under these settings or at least when hits a certain rpm threshold?

- Are there any performance benefits from the exhaust install albeit a slight weight saving.

Thanks in advance.

www.alias23.com

Sounds amazing and very responsive. Lighter flywheel? Absolute beast.

But there is a point where you soon get diminishing returns from adding more power and torque. Something like an R300 Caterham can be floored with reckless abandon, whereas the R500s require a bit more care taken on the throttle exiting tighter corners. As a result the R500 is actually losing time to an R300 over a lap, its gains this back on the straights but the difference in laptime between the two is closer than the power figures might suggest. Of course all of this is on road tyres. Up the grip and the R500 can use more power more often and it's a different story. The Exige is has no traction issues with 345bhp, there's definitely room for more power. But I wonder at what point the power might start to interfere with the way the car handles? 500NM in an Exige is certainly going to be interesting! Traction looks very impressive in the video considering the conditions.

From reading up on posts, I am sure I saw a posting from Jim at 2bular that referred to possible engine damage due to a back pressure build up if exhasut valves remained closed at high revs, say 5500rpm+ so would this not be a concern for track usage? First to admit I'm no expert so apologies in advance if I read this incorrectly.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Pits, this is the reason, why a lot of bikers are faster on a 600 than on a big bike. At a certain point you might need that balls of steel to twist the wrist or push the pedal. ;)

The shown Exige seems to have a modified gear ratio and a LSD. It looks amazing, how the car accelarates in every gear.

Edited by Freejack

Does this kit come with uprated driver and passanger toilet seats :)

I think I would be leaving a set of twin wheeler skid marks in the bottom of my under pants after a ride out in a 460 :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

Sorry, my mistake, I was led to believe that there was an option to leave it closed.

As soon as we have one on a car at the workshop, I can get some realistic noise readings.

Dave

On the OEM back box, valve closed, the exhaust fumes go through a baffled/chambered (reflexion damper) design, with the valve open the fumes pass through a perforated tube (absorption damper).  For sure the KT exhaust is a straight through pipe without any muffling in the open position and a perforated tube in the closed position.  Same for the 2bular system.

Hence, valve closed on these systems, there is no more back pressure on the system than with the valve open.

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 2

Oh, I just wanted this to be confirmed immediately :-) (beside from this already known fact I have to admit that I visit the german Forums very irregular because the "Quality" of the useres is partly a little bit strange...) 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

Interesting:

on a german Lotus Forum there was a slightly large discussion if a "test drive" carrying that speed is reasonable, no one mentioned that at THIS PLACE :-)

I did think it.

I'm sorry. :getmecoat: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

4 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

Oh, I just wanted this to be confirmed immediately :-) (beside from this already known fact I have to admit that I visit the german Forums very irregular because the "Quality" of the useres is partly a little bit strange...) 

In our forum most of the members were telling "it looks like a usual weekend trip" ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

...with guys that say that they are afraid to drive their Porsche Turbo fast ...........:lol:

What's your nick over there?

Edited by Freejack