Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Autosport International 2016 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Autosport International 2016

Advantage

11 hours ago, Bibs said:

I don't think they even have a stand, which is a first for a while. CTL should have some lovely goodies though :) 

CTL will have a one unique goody on the stand, my IndyGoGo500 dragon is on their stand! So if you want to see IndyGoGo in the flesh here's your chance. Something a bit different for people to see, I will be attending the show on the Friday.

24287103416_a3f11598a5_b.jpg

Edited by OwenGT3
  • Like 1

I'm going as Trade tomorrow to have a look round, not been before.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

NEC have it made charging the punters and the companies pitches and probably charging the Earth for them too. Which may well be why Lotus can't be arsed.

Been before I expected to pay around £20 considering it was far from a day out...

Edited by qwerty123

Just got back from it today. Shame Lotus Motorsport weren't there, I guess the numbers don't work for them, I hope they're putting the budget to good use elsewhere. As a result the 311 looked a bit lonely on the LOT stand. Being frank it could have been better prepared. BAC Mono know how to prepare a show car. Tiny stand but not a hair out of place, the car was gleaming and was a lesson in attention to detail. Mind you the Mono starts £150k basic now, the one on the stand cost £180k!!! so it made the 311 look very reasonably priced. A mono wouldn't see where a 311 went.

In general the show wasn't as good as last year but I got some new race overalls at a discount price so got what I came for.

The CTL stand was terrific as usual.

The E10S and E10R were on the Zenos stand. 

4 hours ago, qwerty123 said:

Been before I expected to pay around £20 considering it was far from a day out...

Tickets are now £36 coupled with a £12 parking charge. Too much. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Numbers of people interested in motorsports appeared down. Numbers of morbidly obese on mobility scooters appeared up. Maybe there's a new form of motorsport that I don't know about?

Long queues for the simulators and food, lots of people paid £36 for I'm not sure what.

• Like 1

My first rant for the year what a joke £36 to get in no wonder we from the north travel to Geneva for a real car show £12.00 entrance. £108.00 easyjet return from Edinburgh all day at car show. Or Drive to nec 5 hrs, see it all in 2 hrs back home 6hrs stop for comfort break deal with roadworks traffic jams and poor drivers who must have received their licence in a Christmas cracker.  Emm now what's our best option. 

• Like 1

I went as trade and have to agree that it was over priced, Also It seemed a hotch pot of exhibitors. Not good value.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hi, it was the first time for me going to the Autosport show, plus I was lucky enough to get tickets. I thought the show was good, mixture of everything, trade stalls and exhibitors. It's definitely a young persons show compared to the classic car show I attended in November, especially with all the young ladies in branded spandex suits, none of those ladies at the classic car show.

I think the number of halls was easier to get around than the classic show, you really do need two days to see everything at that show. Also I think the food facilities have greatly improved since the venue first opened in 1978, the first time I visited the place, no problem getting served, had lunch in wetherspoons and no more expensive than normal outlet. 

So pleased to see my dragon on the CTL stand and in a good spot. They informed me it has been very popular with visitors getting photographed a lot, some realising it was an interactive art sculpture, others some what bemused as to why a dragon is done up as a Jim Clark Lotus racing car until CTL explained why. On the trip there I had two extra passengers, Bob Dance and Jeremy from CTL, so the conversation was interesting.

Here are some photo's from my visit and a link to the others.

Autosport Show 2016

24337256331_3993fb7da3_b.jpg
24051685439_09622ce2a2_b.jpg
24337062811_163d7f28f8_b.jpg
24124103330_9e0bc45fc0_b.jpg
24124244840_64fa2eb2d8_b.jpg
23793117813_ddd71ded11_b.jpg
23793171283_c79eff44ea_b.jpg
24052306729_b49d282e9f_b.jpg

Some of the Lotus cars on display at Autosport 2016

Posted by

The Lotus Forums

on 

Monday, 18 January 2016

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The price now includes the live arena show but having endured that two years running we didn't even bother this year. Think Noel's house party with cars and you'll understand why!