Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Remove Harness Guides Evora Seats - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Remove Harness Guides Evora Seats

CocoPops

Anyone know how to unclip the Recaro Sportster harness guide surrounds?

I just want to remove the front portions and leave the rest in situ.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have done it but can't remember exactly how, it wasnt hard though. They might just clip together. Hopefully someone will be along with more accurate answer. 

Gav 

I found this:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?207191-HOW-TO-Remove-the-Harness-Slots-for-Painting

should be similar I guess, cba to go outside as its cold in the garage.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Well that was easy, the instructions from vxr forum work well.

open seat tilt handle, remove 2 screws, remove opposite blank remove 2 screws.
Simples!!

BBE61C39-138D-4B04-BA06-575AB6E3D275_zps

Now to pop them to the local bodyshop to have them painted Solar Yellow (to match exterior).

• Like 1

I was wondering why you wanted to remove the front portions. I completely stripped a seat down and put the cover and all bits onto another frame when I bought my suedetex seats from Lotus. I had a have one of the frames modified. I took me a while working out where all the secret fixings where making sure I didn't snap anything. I did think at first it was just clipped on, I glad I persevered!

That's a good idea having the covers painted. It will certainly work well with yellow. I doubt it would work on my white car, it will make the seats look tacky!

White?

image.jpeg

Mine will be yellow to tie in with my heritage edition seats.

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ta da!

9676391E-D0DA-4288-A75C-CCAFA98D12DE_zps

• Like 1

Good job everyone is different :)

Alan, your posts on various threads recently don't give an impression of a merry person, pretty much every single post has been negative and/or miserable. 

As per the forum rules, cheer up and be nice. This is a pleasant forum full of pleasant people and I'd like it, as I'm sure everyone else would, to stay that way.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I think your yellow hoops or harness bands looks great Cocopops. Now, tootle off down to the hairdressers and get your hair and eyebrows bleached blonde to match too! When you put your leather jacket on you'll look just like your seats!   arf arf....

If I hadn't changed my black seats for the kissing pink SR ones I'd have done the harness bands a nice ardent red.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

The owner of arguably the most modified Evora on the planet isn't too keen on other owners modifying their Evoras. Is that the very definition of irony or what? ;)

I don't think it counts if the mods were done by the factory using British or German parts (ignore the fact the engines a trashy camry v6 from a toyota saloon built in Asia), or that's how it seems anyway :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 years later...