Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 75 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

What's happening to the old one? :lol:

Can I buy it from Silverstone?

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Finally got to see a 410 in the flesh last week. One of the new Swedish dealers just took delivery of a grey metallic 410.  Looks really good, but personally I think it deserves a brighter colour. Such as yellow or orange.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@Gadzooks I tend to find issues where parts have been supplied to Lotus by someone else get fixed miraculously fast.

I suspect your tailgate will just get thrown back at their supplier.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Congrats. The 410 definitely saves the best 'til last when it comes to rpm! Enjoy!

mmm freshly run-in 410, quite a prospect. I'd be looking for the nearest tunnel, via the wiggliest bit of road on the map.

The new tailgate took 3months to arrive (which is to be expected) and the old one has gone back to Prodrive(?) for inspection.  Don't know if it's possible to refurbish them.

1 hour ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@Stubox oil changed already? 

This Saturday...but even with the rev limit it's been a joy, one of those cars that early morning blasts were made for.  There are a few weird Evora niggles but I can now see why there's a lot of love for this setup.

• Like 1

Black n gold

On 15/07/2017 at 06:46, Gadzooks said:

Silverstone have just got a GP version 410 - looks epic.  Also, they say that the Persian blue 410 is going to be their next demonstrator. Get booking ?

BTW is was at Silverstone getting my carbon tailgate replaced due to it having a 5-6mm air bubble in the surface.  Lotus exchanged it without quibble.

@Gadzooks Good to meet you at Silverstone Darren. Agree the GP car looked epic !

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

@The PitsGood call! The 410 is one sexy bit of kit. And it's a damn lot easier to get in and out of compared to the Exige. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I'd put the stereo back in if I were you, it might be a bit of a bugger to move on without it when the time comes and (from the 400 at least) it's actually fairly audible, there's much less wind noise and includes sat nav. Or you can change the head unit if you don't like it. Unless they are going to wire the whole car up anyway and then put the blanking plate in?

@The Pits congrats, I guessed that h a d to be coming after all your praise!

color, color of wheels, int? We want to hear more....;-) also would be interesting to hear if go or have thought of speccing the tartan seats (would be my choice)

Very easy to fit a head unit at a later date if anyone wanted to. Front speakers are already in there. When buying new I think it's important to have the car exactly as you want it, otherwise do the smarter thing and buy used. To spec the car with the next owner in mind is missing the point for me. Most people buy on colour anyway, if they don't like the colour having a head unit in there isn't likely to sway them. I think a 410 should make some sacrifice to the gods of lightweight, I feel uncomfortable specc'ing a lot of weight back in and would like to try a car without sound deadening to see if I could live with it. No opportunity to do that so not willing to take the risk at this price level. Might have given it an extra edge to differentiate it further from the 400, might have been earplugs on the motorway so played safe with that!

A one-off colour to date I believe with some nice touches, for me anyway, I doubt it won't be to everyone's taste. Wanted to do something unique with the interior but the colour I asked for would have involved fire testing and various other hoops, not worth it in the end. Will still be a unique car which makes some sense of buying new for me. If I wanted one I'd already seen I'd have bought dealer stock. Some really nice cars out there currently, particularly like the Military Grey car at Howards, also their purple 410.

• Like 1

Congratulations Jonny!  I can't imagine this has been too easy a decision given how much you love your V6 Cup, I'm sure the 410 will give you as much pleasure.  I look forward to seeing your ownership videos in due course too. 

Are you planning to track the car as well?  I note you are thinking about the Ti exhaust which I guess will mean noisy days only.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Very easy to fit a head unit at a later date if anyone wanted to. Front speakers are already in there. When buying new I think it's important to have the car exactly as you want it, otherwise do the smarter thing and buy used. To spec the car with the next owner in mind is missing the point for me. Most people buy on colour anyway, if they don't like the colour having a head unit in there isn't likely to sway them. I think a 410 should make some sacrifice to the gods of lightweight, I feel uncomfortable specc'ing a lot of weight back in and would like to try a car without sound deadening to see if I could live with it. No opportunity to do that so not willing to take the risk at this price level. Might have given it an extra edge to differentiate it further from the 400, might have been earplugs on the motorway so played safe with that!

A one-off colour to date I believe with some nice touches, for me anyway, I doubt it won't be to everyone's taste. Wanted to do something unique with the interior but the colour I asked for would have involved fire testing and various other hoops, not worth it in the end. Will still be a unique car which makes some sense of buying new for me. If I wanted one I'd already seen I'd have bought dealer stock. Some really nice cars out there currently, particularly like the Military Grey car at Howards, also their purple 410.

First congrats on your purchase. 

Now about that colour combination that would have required fire testing ?! 

Colour me intrigued!

• Gold FFM

Well done @The Pits! I look forward to seeing it.

I believe the B&C exhaust saves a similar amount to the Lotus item and is very track friendly, albeit nowhere near the aural excitement. Quite a bit cheaper too.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com