Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 80 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

34 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Try wearing polarised sunglasses... actually don't because you can't see a fucking thing on any of the LCD panels in the car! :lol: Seriously, WTF lotus? Clearly no one wore sunglasses during any of the UAT on the cars.

Polarised sunglasses are known to do that to LCD screens (which is why pilots aren't allowed to wear them). That is hardly Lotus's fault, is it?

Just now, Bravo73 said:

Polarised sunglasses are known to do that to LCD screens (which is why pilots aren't allowed to wear them). That is hardly Lotus's fault, is it?

Depends on which direction the polarising filter works ;)

Tilt you head 45 degrees and it's clear, so yes it is Lotus fault to select LCDs that are polarised in the same plane as sunglasses.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Mentioning the seats.... I sat in the 410 at Bealieu this weekend.... fuck me those seats are not for "big boned" people. :lol:

I have two bruises in my thighs from the seat corners by the lapbelt cut outs.

Big boned or big arsed??

Just now, blindside said:

Big boned or big arsed??

both ;)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

8 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Tilt you head 45 degrees and it's clear, so yes it is Lotus fault to select LCDs that are polarised in the same plane as sunglasses.

That's the very reason why pilots can't use polarised sunglasses in glass cockpits. The same applies to cars.

It's not Lotus's fault. Use non-polarised sunglasses.

Love that one, I have the same problem on the 400 and I am SO excited to try this on the car tonight! I think I will start a thread on tips to use a car so people can give me more of such wisdom!

19 minutes ago, Stubox said:

Put away the cameras chaps, I think I pretty much nailed the Pic of the Month here, will share spoils of victory with Brendan.

I especially like the way that you captured the little graphic that tells people how to do this. The same one that we all missed up to this point. 

I'm thinking of tracking down that Italian petrol station attendant and shaking him by the hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mik said:

After 15months of Evora ownership, that pic has just got me way more excited than it should have :zorro:

Damn I sold my Evora before getting chance to try this :lol:

• Haha 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

9 hours ago, Brendonian said:

Assuming it's the same as my S1, there is indeed. It's not obvious. Indeed I didn't find it myself. A nice Italian petrol station attendant showed me when I'd already owned the car for almost a year!

It's hard to explain, but I'll try: It clips onto the filler flap. Turn the cap so the top (outside) of the cap is pointing away from you, towards the centre line of the car, and it clips onto the inboard side of the flap.

I literally just went down to the garage to check this out.... wow. Blown away! And people think only the Germans come up with clever solutions!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

410's have started arriving at US dealers.  I know of one that has gone home in Austin TX where owner lives close to the dealer.  My trip to pick up my GP Edition has been delayed until next week so as to avoid Hurricane Harvey flooding. Two GP Editions at a midwest dealership are destined to an owner in California.

• Like 2