Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DC Museum - April's LEGS Breakfast Club - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

DC Museum - April's LEGS Breakfast Club

Right folks,

3rd April is looming large so I'd better get posting on our south west jaunt requested by popular demand.  The basic plan is to visit the new David Coulthard Museum in Twynholm.  It is now based at the Cocoa Bean Company and chocolate factory. Website here.  It is quite hard to find out anything on line about the new museum which moved from the original family run one a while back.  However if you Goggle it you will find it gets some excellent reviews on Trip Advisor as does the chocolate factory.  There is a big cafe there for lunch and we will have private parking area as well.  Seems plenty to keep the kids amused as well - as if chocolate isn't enough!

I have only spoken to the manager so far but intend to visit and check routes and timings before hand and will post up more nearer the time.  There is an full motion simulator which is normally 30 min sessions but I hope to arrange shorter sessions to give more a chance to play.  There are also 3 fixed simulators.  The museum price without simulator is £8 normally but again a package price will be worked out before then and posted up.

Due to the distance from anywhere for the majority travelling I'm thinking 10:00 depart from Abingdon services on the M74 for those who wish a partial route convoy as handy for the Glasgow/Central/Edinburgh routes.  We will go cross country from there initially on the A702 on a route I have yet to decide which should be around the 1.5 Hrs. later for arrival at the location.  Those who wish to have a drive and meet there, aim for about 11:30-12:00.  We can then do the museum/have lunch at your leisure and leave when you want.  There are many fine roads to drive home cross country again or just stick to head for Dumfries and the M74 depending on your timetable - and the weather.

So the list:

1. Al (without SWMBO who is working)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Al. said:

2.C8RKH

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Andy, if you are coming past Dunblane then we can run in mini pre-convoy from here if you want?  Appreciate you have a number of route options tho.

2.C8RKH

3. Dom :o)

4. Shug (from SE'ers)

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Sounds like a great plan Al. Let me know where and when and I'll see you there. Nice to get the red arrows together again!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Sounds like a great plan Al. Let me know where and when and I'll see you there. Nice to get the red arrows together again!

You've got mail. :thumbsup:  Does this mean I have to wash her for the first time since November? ;)

2 hours ago, Al. said:

You've got mail. :thumbsup:  Does this mean I have to wash her for the first time since November? ;)

Nope. She was made for driving not washing!

I have a wife for the washing....

The small print.

• Gold FFM

2.C8RKH

4. Shug (from SE'ers)

5. Arnold

6. Duggie

7. David (Alfa2Evora) + Jennifer

Just realised this is over my way so would be up for this. Gav 

2.C8RKH

4. Shug (from SE'ers)

5. Arnold

6. Duggie

8. Sharron & Dave

9. Gavin (21GG)

Whoaa, does that mean I might get to see your gorgeous blue GTE in the flesh!  Wowzer, I'm like a kid waiting for xmas morning

The small print.

Yababadadooooo.  :thumbsup: Great to have you along 21GG.  It will be my first "in the flesh" of the Nightfall blue on an Evora.  I was going to order my very first one that colour but they wouldn't do LE's in anything other than standard or at least they made it clear they didn't want to, and my budget was already overstretched.

On the other aspect of it being a GTE It is really unfortunate that Brian (bingoking) will still be on holiday.  Still with luck Adfer will wake up, read this and bring along one of his. :sleeping: 

• Like 1

Well I hope it's sunny as in any other weathering just looks a dull navy colour. I have seen the all carbon car and it is fantastic, never seen the Newcastle car in the flesh. Would be nice to have the only rhd 2+2 s together!

Gav 

The 'Newcastle' black one is with Archie up in the highlands so unlikely to venture that far south for a Breakfast Club unfortunately.  Brian has the black & gold F1 effect striped one and he's on hol. so it is hopefully either Alan's carbon or white one with luck.

On another occasion we will have to try harder and get more!

So Brian has the Oakmere one? I get confused who's got what, seeing how few there are you would have thought I would remember!

Considering I use mine as my only car (although I have a van for work), I still wouldn't dare drive the carbon one! It is amazing though, even by GTE standards.

Gav 

• Like 2

Hi Gav, 

Yes you have got it now. Brian's is ex. Oakmere one. I'm afraid I felt kidneys were more use with my drinking habits or I'd have one as well. ?

Cheers

Al. 

I managed to keep my kidneys, child and numberplate, all the saleable items went though ?.  I never did find the small children or body parts sections of eBay ?.  See you all Sunday!

Gav 

23 hours ago, 21gg said:

So Brian has the Oakmere one? I get confused who's got what, seeing how few there are you would have thought I would remember!

Considering I use mine as my only car (although I have a van for work), I still wouldn't dare drive the carbon one! It is amazing though, even by GTE standards.

Gav 

Yes, I have the Oakmere one and gutted I can't be on this trip, it's a long way from New Zealand! Hopefully meet up with you if you are going to Brooklands this year. 

Al., I will log in on my laptop later today and PM the group as we are about to go out and see some Albatrosses near Dunedin. 

Where did you hide the GTE keys Brian? I could pop round and take it on the run if you like? Got to keep the battery topped up ;) If Brian isn't plating ball Al, I'll be in the Esprit.....

2.C8RKH

4. Shug (from SE'ers)

5. Arnold

6. Duggie

8. Sharron & Dave

9. Gavin (21GG)

10. Craig (Dewarcraig)

11 Mark (SWMBO also working - we've opened a cafe!!!!!)

2.C8RKH

4. Shug (from SE'ers)

5. Arnold

6. Duggie

8. Sharron & Dave

9. Gavin (21GG)

10. Craig (Dewarcraig)

12 Campbell (from SE masseev)  (haven't opened a cafe but not sure which of Mrs F and either of Fords Junior joining us yet...)

9 hours ago, Campbell said:

2.C8RKH

4. Shug (from SE'ers)

5. Arnold

6. Duggie

8. Sharron & Dave

9. Gavin (21GG)

10. Craig (Dewarcraig)

12 Campbell (from SE masseev)  (haven't opened a cafe but not sure which of Mrs F and either of Fords Junior joining us yet...)

13 Mark (maybe +1). Heading down from Stewarton via Ayr....