Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 2 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Hi Pete:

Yes to half your question. The G car kits come with a turbo smart Compgate 40 external Wastegate (see post 1, paragraph 6, just below the first picture). As for a new turbo & Wastegate package, not sure--Mark would know better.

-----------------

Oh, can someone edit my listing to reflect my car is an HCi and thus needs an oxygen sensor bung? Thank you!!

Cheers & beers,

Scott

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

Hello Mark,

Please count me in for a Stevens manifold. A was in the group for the radiator set last year, but the set is still at Leon's shop. I wanted to have it shipped alongside the manifold. I'm not very active in the group, but I will check for whenever payment needs to be made.

Please put me down for a Giugiaro version of the manifold with Turbo etc. I won't need the exhaust as I have a perfectly good stainless one, but will need the fitment you mention.

Thanks for all your efforts with this.

I'm in. '84 Giugiaro Turbo. I would like a full system please including the back box. Car in on the ramp at the moment so I am hoping it's not going to take too long before despatch - it would be nice to drive the car this summer!

1)  @rocket63  - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold (UK)

2)  @jcslocum  (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

3)  @pmlee   (Stevens SE, just manifold)

4) I'm adding @x180r19 to the list (Stevens SE, just manifold), since he is busy traveling right now

5) I'm adding @lewtus for a (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to Colorado in the USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5?

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. Shipping to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo (uk)

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit

11)  @NR2k - 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. 

12)  @andmac - Stevens Manifold 

13) @Staturn-Silver - Stevens GT3 manifold - Shipped to Sweden

14) @Teava12 - Stevens manifold 

14) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold

15) @NigelM - G-car manifold + exhaust

16) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - Shipped to USA

17) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + exhaust (no cat) - Shipped to CT, USA

18) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - Shipped to Maryland, USA

That should be
Stevens : 11 (1 full exhaust)
Giugiaro : 8 (4 full exhaust)

1997 Jeep XJ | 1983 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Any chance we could see some photos of these in the car (especially the g-car)? I'm interested in how the exhaust fits around the rear axle as well as general clearances, etc.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 21:21, DrieStone said:

2)  @jcslocum  (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipes to back box  )

4) I'm adding @x180r19 to the list (Stevens SE, just manifold), since he is busy traveling right now

5) I'm adding @lewtus for a (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to Colorado in the USA)

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. Shipping to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

11)  @NR2k - 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. 

That should be
Stevens : 11 (1 full exhaust)
Giugiaro : 8 (4 full exhaust)

I will change my order to be just the manifold kit with pipe to back box. NO Cat and NO muffler at this time. I inspected my rear box closely and it's in very good shape much better than the rest.

Very sorry for any confusion!!

Jon - 1984 Esprit Turbo

Just updating the last 2

2)  @jcslocum  (1984 G-Car without cat, just pipe full system to include muffler  )

19) Faykfox - Stevens manifold - shipping to Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

20) Dawn - Stevens manifold - Ship to Istanbul

There are Esprit owners on The Lotus Esprit Group Facebook page who are saying they would like to purchase one of the systems - have you seen those people on there and are they on this list?

It's a TLF group buy, not a facebook group buy. It's not hard for them to add their name to the list on here mate and I doubt Mark has the time to check several sources to keep things updated.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I get that Bibs - just trying to maximise the opportunity and get this Group buy closer to 30 before those on the list lose patience 

• Like 1

There's also a large Lotus Esprit group on

Yahoo . There may be interest there. I need to talk with my mechanic before I buy one. What day is the cut off day for signing up for the manifold.

. There may be interest there. I need to talk with my mechanic before I buy one. What day is the cut off day for signing up for the manifold.

Mark Franke

87  Lotus  Turbo HCI 

USA

Hey all: 

I actually concur with stephenwhyte and mfranke. As consumers, it is to our benefit to advertise this Group Buy on other forums and to promote it to other groups as much as possible. Who enjoys paying more--in this case, hundreds of dollars [or GBP] more--for stuff?

For my part, I crafted an extensive post on Lotus Talk.com about this Group Buy. Each person who is on that forum, and, as I understand it, other forums (or no forums, as the group buy travels by word of mouth), will need to join the ranks of thelotusforums in order to purchase one of these manifolds via the Group Buy. Perhaps if stephenwhyte is on the FB forum he can copy/paste my post on Lotus talk and put it on FB? Stephen can even take the pics and "drag and drop" them from my post and plop them into a FB post. 

Ditto the turbo esprit list. 

Also, I realize this may seem odd to many who read this, but I think that the individual Esprit sub forums here should have little one-line posts informing members of the group buy. Imagine how many very enthusiastic, longstanding members here on TLF don't know about this Group Buy simply because they haven't checked out this exact page, or the Exhaust pages--yet they are religiously checking the Engine section, actively looking up Misc. Parts & Cross Refences, or constantly posting on their Blog?

Not doing so is akin to a store having a massive retail sale, but only letting people who walk through the door know about it, ensuring that a.) the retailer sells fewer items and b.) the prices stay higher than they could be. The decision to post little blurbs on each area would be up to a Moderator, of course. 

Anyway, just my take. If you want to save money via the group buy numbers, you have to be your own advocate and promote the sale.

Regards, 

Scott

Who is going to collate all the orders via the various places it's been posted, or even know all the places it's posted?

Stick it wherever you like, but Mark's life will be 10000000 times easier if everyone who wants one says so in one place.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

greentengu-  Thanks for the cross posting. I concur, the more the merrier, as long as there are links back to here to get on this list. 

Thank you, snowrx :)

I absolutely agree with Bibs that it is our duty, if we liaison with other sites, to ensure that Mark's job is as easy as possible. We must strive to ensure a smooth, uninterrupted flow of information--and thus, orders for the products.

Also, let me stress what I point out in my previous post, paragraph 2, line 4: anyone wanting to order a manifold has to join The Lotus Forums. Any posts or word of mouth talk about the manifold should strictly send people to this website, clearly letting people know to go to the Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts section to place their order. 

Respectfully,

Scott

• Like 2

1)  @rocket63 - Stevens S4 1995 Manifold - UK

2)  @jcslocum (1984 G-Car just manifold)

3)  @pmlee  (Stevens SE, just manifold) - UK

4) @x180r19 (Stevens SE, just manifold) - CO, USA

5) @lewtus (Stevens SE, just manifold) style. (4 & 5) can ship together to CO, USA)

6) @Htown (Stevens SE, manifold only) Combine shipping with #4 & #5? - CO, USA

7) @greentengu G-car, just the manifold kit - PA, USA

8) @Bloodnok 1986 Turbo HCI Giugiaro  - Manifold only. - UT, USA

9) @chris  Stevens 1988 carb turbo - UK

10) @gfallon 1983 g-car manifold kit - MI, USA

11)  @NR2k- 1984 G car full system, no cat, assume standard turbo flange for now but I would like to confirm this later. - UK

12)  @andmac - Stevens Manifold - UK

13) @Saturn Silver - Stevens GT3 manifold - Sweden

14) @Teava12 - Stevens manifold - French Polynesia

14) @stephenwhyte - G-car manifold - UK

15) @NigelM- G-car manifold + exhaust - UK

16) @CarSalesman - Stevens manifold - PA, USA

17) @DrieStone - G-car manifold + catless exhaust- CT, USA

18) @Mrbmist - Stevens manifold - MD, USA

19) @faykfox - Stevens manifold - NV, USA.

20) @dawn - Stevens manifold - Istanbul

21) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

22) @DaveS4s - Stevens manifold - GA, USA