Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy - Page 14 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo 321 Stainless Steel Manifold Group Buy

Son of a ......

Did anyone else get a "Thanks for waiting four months, but we didn't build yours correctly, intend to ship it to you that way, and are offering a piddly 60 pound refund" email?

Aaron

Dear Aaron

We are unfortunately unable to supply your order to your exact specifications due to unforeseen circumstances and for that we apologise.

We are in a position however,  to offer you a complete Steven’s Manifold without wastegate port and without blanking plate and this can be shipped immediately.

For this inconvenience, we are able to offer you a £50.00 refund  (including VAT if applicable) against your original invoice price.

If you could let us know your decision as soon as possible, we would appreciate it.

Kind regards

Anita Webster

anita@alunox.co.uk

Facebook - Alunox Race Exhausts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
28 minutes ago, ATSAaron said:

We are unfortunately unable to supply your order to your exact specifications due to unforeseen circumstances and for that we apologise.

We are in a position however,  to offer you a complete Steven’s Manifold without wastegate port and without blanking plate and this can be shipped immediately.

Aron,

What mods did you want incorporated?

The list shows standard Stevens manifold order... 

22) @ATSAaron - Stevens manifold -TX, USA

Zig

I just got an update from Anita. The said one of their suppliers screwed up, but they think they can fix it in the next week. She wasn't specific, but I am guessing they welded the wrong collector to my header.

Aaron

Getting there.  Test fit done.  Had to put a bit of heat to some of the slip joints and give it a little muscle, but nothing crazy.

IMG_1274.JPG

• Like 2

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

Another post about any tricks to remove the cast manifold? I removed all 12 nuts, removed the turbo to flange bolts but I can't get it off.  I can move it a little either side if I use a pry bar but I cannot see how I am ever gonna get enough clearance to remove it without pulling all 12 studs out.

13 hours ago, jcslocum said:

Craig, that looks good! Will look better in the car but for now, looking good.?

Thanks, motor gets stabbed tomorrow!  Quite a bit more to do after that, but getting close.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

On 10/4/2016 at 07:57, jime said:

Another post about any tricks to remove the cast manifold? I removed all 12 nuts, removed the turbo to flange bolts but I can't get it off.  I can move it a little either side if I use a pry bar but I cannot see how I am ever gonna get enough clearance to remove it without pulling all 12 studs out.

Remove the engine mount  bolts at the front, and lift the engine just a bit.

Our problem was one of the original upper nuts, we could not get to break loose.  After some swearing and a torch, its out now.  We have not yet finished installing the new one.

It's interesting how every one seems to have their own problems, including me.

I stopped by the shop yesterday to re-introduce myself to the car and while BS'ing with the mechanic he told me it took about 7 hours to swap the manifolds over. The support bracket fit well, as did the turbo, waste gate and everything else.

However, apparently I have different OEM exhaust system than most people, and the new waste gate exhaust pipe will not fit. My mechanic traded emails and pictures with Leon, who agreed I have a Lotus exhaust system, but he's never seen that specific configuration before. That problem is being worked on and I should get my car back this coming week.

installed 1.jpg

installed.jpg

I weighed my manifold w/Wastegate attached. They weigh in at 42.5Lbs... I can't wait to see total weight with exhaust. Then comparison to new Stainless version with new Turbo.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 12:17, Zig said:
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 12:36, Bibs said:

Put 2 and 2 together :)

No, but a confrontational comment like this certainly puts you on my watch list especially as you edited it to make it more barbed..

I think it great that Basic account members us this resource free of charge and then presume to complain about the manner in which its run, pay the membership fee then feel free to complain 

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

To top-plumber

The holder of the FULL Forum Account.

After month and half from my original post and allusion to my BASIC Account level I am forced to attached the original e-mail I got directly from Leon Pierce which stated that the shipping would be with DHL.

Changing to UPS It was unnecessary  waste of over 30 quids (or more in some cases) per each order.

==================================================

Leon Pearce <leon@alunox.co.uk>                                                                             Aug 19 at 12:36 AM
To
Zig Gluszek
Aug 19 at 12:36 AM

This message contains blocked images.

Hi Zig

Anita is away till Monday next week I can confirm shipping is with DHL and will take about 2 to 3 days

Hope this helps

Regards

Leon

=====================================================

Good Day, Mate

Zig

(with the BASIC Forum Account)

• Gold FFM

Christ- did it arrive in good order ?? £30 is nothing frankly on an international shipping cost..... insurance, tracking, import issues etc......

• Like 1

Only here once

£30 is not the only reason I avoid UPS Gorillas like a Black Plague.  Period.  

They destroyed enough unique automotive parts I bought and... the ones which were especially irreplaceable.. they lost!!!

That is why I stopped using them for any shipments both within US and internationally.  

Zig

(with the BASIC Forum Account)

I have a question for all the members that removed and installed there exhaust manifolds with the engine in place, What tools did you use to get the nuts off?? I was looking at my manifold and the only thing I could fit on the nuts ,was a 13mm. open end wrench. I tried a socket but it will not go over the nut because the cast manifold is in the way. So I would like to know if someone has come up with some special ground down welded up tool. Thanks DaveS4s

• Gold FFM

So far, every manifold I've removed has been with engine insitu. the problem nuts are on 1 & 2. On these I use a variety of tools including thin 1/4in drive sockets and ground-down ring spanners. if things get really nasty, removing the towers gives loads of room to get at the awkward ones. this also gives the opportunity to change the belt, check valve clearances, and seal the towers.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Gary would this be a similar approach to remove the Giugiaro Turbo manifold - mine is going in this month to be removed and any help to assist would be appreciated. The guys doing it are all ex-Lotus but any advice will be well received....

7 hours ago, DaveS4s said:

I have a question for all the members that removed and installed there exhaust manifolds with the engine in place, What tools did you use to get the nuts off?? I was looking at my manifold and the only thing I could fit on the nuts ,was a 13mm. open end wrench. I tried a socket but it will not go over the nut because the cast manifold is in the way. So I would like to know if someone has come up with some special ground down welded up tool. Thanks DaveS4s

I used a 13mm open end Box wrench and my Wife (smaller hands) to remove all the exhaust nuts. :-)

• Gold FFM

Stephen - yes, much the same, but the older they get, the tougher they are!  on a G it's very likely you'd need to remove the towers, if the manifold is original.  patience, perseverance and sheer bloody-mindedness...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.