Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Festival of Speed 2016 - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Festival of Speed 2016

There tomorrow, looking forward to it.  Shame there will be no Lotus stand there though, its the first one I look for in the infield area.

• Gold FFM

You must have taken a wrong turn Pilko. Wellies for Glastonbury again then. ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I was there before 8 Thursday morning and even that early on the first day, it was already like the pictures above.  The show of metal and plastic artworks were as awesome as always, but the red arrows were cancelled, the helicopters were mostly grounded and waterlogging was rife.  Even with fewer people than I've seen before on the Thursday the metal walkways were sinking into the muddy goo and the non-walkway cut throughs were really only passable for the welly brigade.  I did feel sorry for many in their finery spattered with mud - which inevitably was making its way onto the stands and into the cars.  I hear that the heavy showers will continue.  If so, go in a 4x4 instead of your Lotus if you have access to one, and factor in long walks son slippery mud surfaces.  Other than that ... a great day.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I was there all day yesterday and there was one small section roped off, otherwise it was just fine. Lots of traffic though, took an hour just to get out of the car park! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Was there yesterday too.  Was miserable weather for most of the day.  Shame.  Car now needs a good wash!!!

(not sure why the pic is the wrong way around???)

image.jpeg

Looking forward to the onboard footage from the 311. :D

From Dan's blog on FOS over on PH: 

The first corner was more rallycross than hillclimb, the world's luckiest man in a Lotus 3-Eleven having one of those horrendous slow motion spins on the first corner and shaving the bales with the end fences of his rear wing. Somehow he managed to get away with it.

:hrhr: