Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus UAE dealership Evora 400 price - Page 4 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus UAE dealership Evora 400 price

Guest Koko

3 hours ago, Koko said:

Yes I shall enjoy my Porsche, already placed my order.

Yes there are many Porsche drivers in dubai because they like to blend in with the background and become invisible

There you go, fixed that second quote for you:thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ByJoveByJingle said:

You must be fun at parties. 

Here's a 2010 Evora that's eaten a 60% depreciation over 6 years, but hey, don't let reality get in the way of a good rant. http://tnydu.biz/DOsVur

and here is one with 50% Link (2 years), are we living in the same reality? or are you gonna keep denying it?

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Good choice - a great car - will only go up in value :animier:

no one is claiming that, but you lotus fanboys are thinking lotuses are the british paganis, they aren't .

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Koko you really do seem to epitomise everything that I think of a Porsche driver. I wish you well with your choice and hope the Porsche flock treats you nicely.

Your posting did however make me laugh so hard that I had a nice warm waterfall running down my leg. Hmmm. Maybe it's an age thing and I need to work more on my pelvic muscles.

Bye.

the fanboyism really reaks here.

7 hours ago, Koko said:

Yes I shall enjoy my Porsche, already placed my order.

Yes there are many Porsche drivers in dubai because they like to blend in with the background and become invisible

yes , as per the 99.99% "exclusive" lotus that no one in the region knows what it is......some even mistaking it for a kit car :D (some how i think you might think this might be an advantage)

in other words, if you have to EXPLAIN to people WHAT the car IS...that is not EXCLUSIVITY....that is IGNORANCE.

Edit:

I know some of you can get butt hurt from me expressing my opinion, but kindly refrain from ad hominem attacks. this is the internet, i suggest you grow a thicker skin.

Edit 2:
on second thought, you can attack me all you want, just shows how weak your arguments are.

Edited by Koko

• Gold FFM

The Porsche is strong in this one.

Koko, you do realise, I hope, that if you had bought a Lotus, you could extoll its virtues to others.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@koko - my god, you're upset because a Lotus Fanboy on a Lotus Fanboy forum is mocking you for choosing a Porch to sit in.

Really?

You did not expect that? Oh my god, did your teachers not explain to you the shocking news that the world is in fact round and not flat and that people who support something tend to defend it, and when people appear to be irritating, aggressive, confused, little so and so's they get mocked! 

Stop wasting your own time and go and join the big crowd with the electric steering and dead driving feel cars you like. No-one is making you troll here.

Or, go on to your Local Porsche forum and point out to the fanboys there how their cars are inferior to lotus cars for this reason and that and see what kind of welcome and reception you get. Post up here the responses please.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's at times like this as I travel back to Scotland to pick up my car which is everything that a modern Porsche will never be, that I become teary eyed at the whimsical and poetic words my countrymen have put in prose for many years. Simply..........bawbag.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Koko said:

and here is one with 50% Link (2 years), are we living in the same reality? or are you gonna keep denying it?

no one is claiming that, but you lotus fanboys are thinking lotuses are the british paganis, they aren't .

the fanboyism really reaks here.

yes , as per the 99.99% "exclusive" lotus that no one in the region knows what it is......some even mistaking it for a kit car :D (some how i think you might think this might be an advantage)

in

4 hours ago, Koko said:

in other words, if you have to EXPLAIN to people WHAT the car IS...that is not EXCLUSIVITY....that is IGNORANCE.

So you can show one car that is asking a price that is 50% depreciated, so all lotus depreciate by 60% in 2 years according to your other posts? Not how a proof worked when I did math.

And you are correct in your second statement as well. Since everyone here is trying to explain Lotus to you, that would qualify you as ignorant.

And every one of them drives a car more exclusive than what you just signed up for.

Oh well. It had to be said. Bye.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

If lotus Evoras and other cars depreciate 50 to 60% in 2 years in the UAE, i would have an office in Dubai with a constant flow of cars been purchased by myself and exported globally as it would everybody else with any buisness sense.  I do not believe they depreciate that much, hell i would put up with driving a LHD for that kind of saving any day of the week, but as stated by many others its just a load of old nonsense.  

But  i would be extremely happy for you to prove me wrong on these stats  though. :)

A

So, thought I'd do a bit of research and was able to find prices for real cars, Evora's and 911's currently on sale in the UAE - for obvious reasons I am posting up prices of 911 Carrera 2/4/2 cars and NOT GT2/GT3/RS cars ;)

Let's remember, the whinging was that the Evora was too expensive at a list of 450,000 AED versus the standard 911 at 415,000 which needs about another 75,000 AED spent to be specc'd to Evora 400 levels.

2016 Evora 400 0km 449,000 AED       2016 911 0km  460,000 AED (main dealer new car in white - 911/2 coupe)

2015 Evora S1 0km  375,000 AED        2015 911 16km  395,000 AED

2014 Evora 9.5km    265,000 AED        2014 911 16km  349,000 AED

2010 Evora 23km    165,000 AED         2010 911 74.5km 165,000 AED

There were 9 Evora's for sale in total, and over 330 911's.

So, in my parlance that means there are 9, lean, mean, agile and fast lions chasing over 330 toothless, scared, woolly and fluffy sheep!  I'd rather be a lion than a sheep and looking at those numbers above, I'd say the Evora was not doing too bad in holding it's own when you take into the account of the properly specc'd 911's price and not just the basic list price to compare same specs across the Evora and 911.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Hedgehogfromhell said:

I've had a bad day. Upon reading this thread it's really cheered me up! What a total cockwomble

:hrhr: you my dear boy are a poet 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

He seems to be gone now.

May have been a nice guy. :coffee: 

The difficulty I had with the whole debate is that a decision based on cost and depreciation is a decision purely of the head. Once you have test driven a 400, whether or not those points become accurate is rather irrelevant, or at least it was from my perspective. You just want the car whatever the cost. A decision of the heart you might say.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Highly unlikely given the posts above.

I was being sarcastic mate. :) 

On 5 August 2016 at 13:38, Hedgehogfromhell said:

I've had a bad day. Upon reading this thread it's really cheered me up! What a total cockwomble

Have I stumbled on the playground?

He had his views and opinions (not that I necessarily shared them), but I don't think anything he said justified abuse nor the threat of a ban. 

If you ask someone what a troll does, he's pretty much filled that description perfectly. Individuals were offering up weighted yet referenced argument and his responses were "Porsche" this and "Porsche" that. It was clear from the outset if you read the thread critically that he was never going to buy an Evora - just here to give outrage that a silly plastic car with cheap interior from a shed in Norfolk was at least as expensive as the superior German offering. 

I'm sure if the OP had conducted himself differently - openly perhaps - that more answers could have helped him and he could have had a different outcome in both the electronic and physical domain. There came a time in the thread however where quite frankly people had said all they could and he was unresponsive to anything but his own rhetoric. 

• Like 2

I agree with the hedgehog! :)  It was not necessarily about "what" he said, but "how" he was saying it and he certainly was looking for a reaction, which he got.

I'm a huge Lotus fanboy, I'm also hugely patriotic too - I love this little Island and what we do and who we are - I know, many of you will be surprised to hear me admit that, but I do also know that Lotus as a company and their cars are not, like the country, how shall I put this, perfick!

However, I do get totally fed up with trolls like this who basically haven't got a scooby doo about what they are talking about and believe the answer is Porsche because every one has one and therefore they must be the best, and the obvious journalistic bias towards Porsche too.

Unfortunately, @Koko was not really adding anything, I won't miss him and he's probably out buying a fire extinguisher for his new Porsche, just in case!  hahaha...

The small print.

7 minutes ago, Kroma said:

yes, unfortunaltey this is a school playground where all the bullies are friends with the pricipal , and it was not a "threat" of ban, it was a BAN. apparently he riled up some members up they are still ruffled 2 days after his ban.

Hi Koko :)

Black n gold

In this instance, 'the playground' isn't referring to a school playground. It is referring to another Lotus forum where the 'rules of engagement' are often a bit more relaxed. 

Your 'friend' came on here with an agenda in order to get a reaction from other members. That defines him as a 'troll'. Trolls aren't welcome here.