Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hold the phones, a cupholder in a 400? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hold the phones, a cupholder in a 400?

• 4 weeks later...

i phone Sept 2016 026.JPG

Never thought to put in there Colin - very helpful suggestion

Here's mine, an alternative position...works a treat! You just need 5ft arms to put it back while you're driving

• Gold FFM

The cars I wash at work all have cupholders in them standard. What they also have in them, and it's every one that I can remember, is the obligatory coffee stain in either the floor carpet or one of the seats. This is generally focussed around the crotch area so the stain probably came with the now 'faded into the echoes of time' swearing that accompanies pouring about 50ml of hot liquid onto Long John and the twins, Ping & Pong.

If you can drink in one of these while you are driving, buy a Camry. :devil: 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I find a cupholder more useful for holding a bottle of water, particularly nice on long journeys in the summer months here. I don't drink hot drinks that much, certainly almost never in a car.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• 6 months later...

I hate to say it, but I have already missed the cup holder (door handles) of the S1 Evora, only because when I take my son to school he has his drink and this used to go in the door and now its rolling around in the footwell. I wouldnt mind that plastic looking cup holder if the price isnt too insane.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Does he not have a school bag to put it in  - just saying........  hehehe

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

hehehe indeed he does, but the same problem with it rolling around the floor, if its not upright it leaks, because kids forever drop things on the floor destroying the devices integrity :)

• Like 1

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

I bought one of these recently : Contigo West Loop Autoseal Travel Mug 2.0

NB: The stainless steel finish is best as the finish on the anodised ones wears easily.

No worrying about spilling hot or cold drinks in your lap, it wont fit in the S1 door pocket, but does sit comfortably wedged behind the passenger seat.

Edited by trcm
update

Finally I've found a valid reason the wife can join me on an Evora drive. She can hold my cup/drink. Perfect. Problem solved.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Lack of storage was never a consideration, but the difference between the minimal storage in the S1 and the non existent storage in the 400 does actully make such a difference. Not helped by losing the homelink in the 400 as the garage door opener I now have to carry pretty much fills the door pocket. If you try and put a microfibre cloth in it - it just falls out every time you open the door. 

I can't even use the Glove box because it is full - I put my sun glasses in it.

Oh these first world problems.

45 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

the wife can join me on an Evora drive. 

There is no call for that kind of talk thank you.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Finally I've found a valid reason the wife can join me on an Evora drive. She can hold my cup/drink. Perfect. Problem solved.

No need to go to extremes!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colin P said:

Not helped by losing the homelink in the 400 as the garage door opener I now have to carry pretty much fills the door pocket. If you try and put a microfibre cloth in it - it just falls out every time you open the door. 

ha ha same problem here, still not found a good place for the garage remote, never thought I would miss homelink, but I do.

8 hours ago, dalepearson said:

ha ha same problem here, still not found a good place for the garage remote, never thought I would miss homelink, but I do.

I have homelink on mine but can't seem to make it work so I have used Velcro to attach the remote to the fixed part of the seat slide, all I have to do is place my hand between the side of the seat and the door sill and push the button.

4 hours ago, B430m said:

I have homelink on mine but can't seem to make it work so I have used Velcro to attach the remote to the fixed part of the seat slide, all I have to do is place my hand between the side of the seat and the door sill and push the button.

Thats a pretty good idea, I might check this out and see how it looks, works and feels.

You all laughed when the no cup holder comments were made.... it's a small bit significant change. Luckily it can be worked around. Has no one fitted the plastic ones on offer on the states?

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

You all laughed when the no cup holder comments were made.... it's a small bit significant change. Luckily it can be worked around. Has no one fitted the plastic ones on offer on the states?

I bet you're the sort of person who would put a sheet over a naked beautiful women to improve how she looked!  Little plastic fantastic cars do not need little plastic cup holders

• Like 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

@C8RKH this thread would suggest otherwise. 

Just teasing. I know you love your liccle plastic car just as much as I love mine!  :wub:

Cupholders though. Bah, bloody Americans. Blaming them for the cupholders and those bloody Raleigh Grifter side reflectors.....

• Like 1

The small print.

9 hours ago, JayEmm said:

@Colin P you'll hate this but not only do the USA 400s have cup holders they also have homelink too

I'm aware of that. Already made the comment on another post. They also get build plaques. :)

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Little plastic fantastic cars do not need little plastic cup holders

Cup holders, yes I can live without as in reality No-one is allowed to eat or drink in my cars anyway, but somewhere to put something would be nice. TBH, I never ever thought it would be a problem, but there is quite literally nowhere to put anything and for a daily it is just a very little bit annoying.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I tried to get Lotus to honour their original press release for the Hethel Ed build plates, but they said there wasn't enough demand to issue them. :(

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

You can add me to the "demand".