Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 positivity thread… - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 positivity thread…

Neal H

Just now, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Best start a video rant about Lotus Cars on the World Wide Web then...

a la 'B is for Bodge' style :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I agree with nearly all of @blindside's posts, I too would have wound up with a Cayman GT4 but am glad I didnt. They're everywhere considering they are a "limited" car!

Gearing is definitely an interesting point. I have been driving my M3 and the Evora back-to-back and trying to work out why the Evora feels no faster. The fact the Evora does 77mph (indicated) @ 7,000rpm in 2nd, while the M3 does 65 @ 8,000rpm in the same gear may have something to do with it.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, Ccd said:

Blindside:

What does the Mrs. like about the Evora as compared to the other cars you have owned???  

I asked and was told: Softer suspension, comfortable seating (not Recaro fixed buckets), sound proofing, (when inside the car with the windows up), and the 'pose factor' when being driven around in it.. She also liked the fact that Lotus is a small scale British car company and not mass produced, where every model looks the same. She also finds it highly amusing that the exhaust note in sports mode makes our 2 dogs run for cover.

• Gold FFM

One thing that I don't even think about that many of my Porsche owning friends have commented on - the road noise, or relative lack of it in the Evora. The 911 is terrible for tyre road, possibly due in part to some having 300+ section rears!

James Martin (JayEmm)

Blindside:

None of that will help with my wife.  She thinks my TT RS is too low, too hard to get out of gracefully, and too fast.  I imagine she would make the same complaints against the Evora.  Fortunately, I don't intend to listen to her! lol!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Ccd said:

Blindside:

None of that will help with my wife.  She thinks my TT RS is too low, too hard to get out of gracefully, and too fast.  I imagine she would make the same complaints against the Evora.  Fortunately, I don't intend to listen to her! lol!

@Ccd

Absolutely; when it comes to car selection women are not usually the first port of call for advice & guidance. Although there are always exceptions.

Image result for women getting out of cars

3 hours ago, blindside said:

@Ccd

Absolutely; when it comes to car selection women are not usually the first port of call for advice & guidance. Although there are always exceptions.

Image result for women getting out of cars

She looks like she's caught a whiff of something she's not too keen on, maybe she should put her leg down.

• 1 month later...

I thought it probably time to resurrect one of my favourite threads (and not just because of the short skirts....)

Found out today that the 400 has excellent environmental credentials. I believe that 'bug hotel' is a no cost option. Sure it's a little additional weight, but it can be offset against my CO2 emissions B-)

IMAG0663.jpg

• Gold FFM

It's a spider!!!!!!!!!

Smash it with a rock or kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

This I found equal parts sad and amusing... this guy had a Ferrari 488 Spider and the options are the same price as a whole new Evora 400 in the USA

I'd say he'd just gone mad with the options, but I understand this is nowhere near as rare as you'd think...

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Why would you get an option called AFX when you have no idea what it is?

For crying out loud. 'Other options' and they are not listed. They probably are somewhere, I suppose?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Doing car videos, it would seem! Among other things.

I frequently see these kind of cars with over £50,000 of options, which is interesting because it really begs the question - is it fair to compare these cars at their "base" price?

The list price of the Evora was £72K, I'd say the average LIST price of sold cars was maybe 75-80K. But then if your Ferrari's list price is £180k, but they're being sold at £230k... big difference. Same with Porsche - if the options are cosmetic, fine, but if a car NEEDS these £10K of performance toys to get a certain laptime, it's no longer the laptime of an £80K car, it's the laptime of a £90k car...

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I'm not having a particularly good time with my 400, but I am still finding positives. I've been speaking to a McLaren dealer recently (sadly not for my 400 replacement!) and they were very complimentary about Lotus, seeing them as a "kindred spirit".

Some digging and I found the similarities are more than skin deep. Here's the McLaren 650's rolling chassis

20140522_121119.jpg

And here's the chassis from an Evora (not a 400, but you get the idea). Main difference I can see is the Lotus has the centre in aluminium whereas McLaren are using the Carbon tub

evora-chassis1.jpg.fdd577b89cb6472da294d

James Martin (JayEmm)

The number of times people have said mine looks like a McLaren.  I kindly remind them which car came first ;) 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501