Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 115 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

57 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Still, because the still image of Roger Moore and the car shows it as chrome with a black end this is what mine will be.

That how I thought you’d think so felt it was best to say. Make sure your wiper isn’t parked like the Deezer car either😜

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fridge said:

Jeez £235 for an aerial. And I thought the price of some of my S1 bits and pieces was taking the piss.

BTW many aerial manufacturers use the same antenna and base components. Those features in previous posts all look very familiar. Hirschmann, the leading manufacturer as for quality antenna, use the same masts as some manufacturers items costs half as much. Though Hirschmann use custom electronics.

That aerial has been for sale for at least three years.

• Haha 1

Interesting - I looked at a a good few pics of Essex Esprits and they all had the chrome dome.......just goes to show that clearly some must have been black too. I think I prefer chrome as it seems more period but it could be I’m telling myself that as that’s the way mine is😄

• Like 1

According to the parts book there are 2 types listed and I believe the difference is whether they can be mounted on the right or left wing. Maybe they also had different colour tops.

The left hand mounted I believe can be accessed without the door off.

23 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Silver tip on mine

0E6E3AFB-539F-413D-B2A9-BE1FE6A1BD6E.jpeg

Just to throw a cat in....

Yes, this tip is absolutely silver all round-but the underside looks black because of lighting. This same pheneonmemenumnemum is shown in other photos of aerials on this thread. 

Edited by LotuStuart
spolling misstales
  • Like 1

Never a good game to play with Lotus but here’s mine for good measure!

66C6AEAE-3D31-4C06-B4F9-E2F5CD5287B8.jpeg

• Like 1

Don't forget chaps, that Lotus fit and painted whatever they had at that time in the production run and who was on the line at the time.

Painted door jams, and aerial styles included. I've seen a number of different paint styles in the door jam black lines etc, and now I'm seeing lots of different aerial types.

Nothing more complicated that that.

6 hours ago, The Pits said:

Never a good game to play with Lotus but here’s mine for good measure!

66C6AEAE-3D31-4C06-B4F9-E2F5CD5287B8.jpeg

Is that a black aerial top? It's looks Part silver, probably just the picture?

12 hours ago, Gotti said:

Is the Deezer car the original movie car?

BTW.my aerial

20180515_171855.jpg

I like the colour of your car! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Is that a black aerial top? It's looks Part silver, probably just the picture?

Looks exactly the same as mine Fabian - silver aerial inside a black plastic cup on top of a silver thread and dome surrounded by black plastic body mount. Jesus I can be properly OCD when I try!😁 My thread is more exposed for some reason I notice by comparison.......🤔

Yes mine is the same as Stephen's and Chris's, everything that extends is silver. I think we can establish that is the 'correct' finish.

Only thing that's a little intriguing is that Stephen's is showing a some thread, mine is showing a tiny bit of thread and Chris's, none at all!

• Confused 1

There is a lot of spare thread length under the wing, the amount of thread showing is optional :)

The unit is actually held in by a huge glob of silicone.

Just for another one, a close(er) up - no thread indeed. :thumbsup:

y4msC2CvVxuI0c7DhSB6xGM0BBSIwF9VYKIRD0vU

• Like 1

I really like the Lucas connectors. They are so easy to install and factory correct. The loom is looking fab, including all the bits you'll never see again!IMG_4353.thumb.JPG.ba1b698fb420ddec0e7ea0f380ff650b.JPGI have installed the rivnuts on the water holder and upgraded them to 8 mm. I have reinforced them using stainless washers on the rear, just like the headlamp pods. IMG_4357.thumb.JPG.b356705b793c8e2809f58611a8c6e879.JPG 

The overflow pipe P clip still needs to go on.

• Thanks 1

Heater system

we all know now the original pipes with a 90 bend are not available. Silicone pipes have advantages. The heater system uses pipe extenders. The original ones were shot so I replaced them with new. I used a combination of 90 degree pipe and silicone.16 mm pipe and extenders. I will,report back on how it performs when the car is up,and running. IMG_4354.thumb.JPG.0599a4057f520b7a140b3b0ecfc117e7.JPG

Nearly in a position to fit the radiator and lower front spoilers. Then I can start on the front bonnet.

Oh and the oil cooler also!

Heater system

If your going replace the pipes there's really no option but to use pipe joiners. One under the dash and the other under the car before the heater pipe.IMG_4361.thumb.JPG.dcff13c317d63a0b574b7c8778bfa36e.JPG

The radius is too tight for a bent straight pipe.

👍🏻Thumbs up for Lucas connectors. The best simplest ones I have used. I put a new brass one on the left.IMG_4363.thumb.JPG.d8c5c4807e8436a033bfcff7c8cecfbc.JPG

It's really slow going you have to keep repaeating bits to get them perfect! I have finally connected all of the front loom except the cooling fans. I can't put them on because I have run out of stainless pipe clips! I have a whole box full but as always not the correct size. I will have to switch jobs to the Oil cooling system! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Keep going..........IMG_0103.PNG.1ea97fdc446d6e6260388fe54bc9ce7e.PNGI'll recreate this scene on day!

Maybe some magazine might help? 

I am working on the aerial problem, I think I have a solution.