Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones... - Page 22 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones...

Bibs

My Mini 2 has paid for itself many, many times over so I'm sure I'll be ordering one of these on Tuesday 👍

Big appeal to me is the larger sensor. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My Mini 3 Pro is arriving next week. 

If anyone is interested in a Mini 2 with Fly More (£549 new) you can have it for £400. I'll even throw in a 64GB memory card! 

https://store.dji.com/uk/product/mini-2?vid=99471&set_country=GB&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4PKTBhD8ARIsAHChzRK3W4TE-iHtzrvy1saMos68s3KZqSGy0v_G8m9DoFLhGwSlaWzCzGMaAkrhEALw_wcB

image.png

It in 'as new' condition :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha, not a bad idea but the same as a year ago, doing a little something for the football. Left site at midnight and drove straight to Silverstone to work for BMW, busy weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a good number of people approach and ask why I'm flying over or near their property at times but they've not threatened me with a gun! I need to start charging danger money!! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11138853/Cirencester-man-71-arrested-threatening-drone-pilot-air-rifle.html

61657673-11138853-image-a-13_16612811350

PS we're allowed to overfly uninvolved property...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_of_Leigh_v_Skyviews_%26_General_Ltd

• 3 weeks later...

All charged, updated and first session done! So much fun! Working out it's parameters, speed, yaw rates etc at the moment to see what it can do and how to do it. 

Most of the flying was done with the motion controller which is like an aircraft joystick. You just hold it and point or lean where you want to go and there's a trigger for speed. I tried the head tracking where it flies where you look but that was a bit mind melting and you'll see I was getting braver towards the end but it's kind of made to take a tumble and is fine. I used turtle mode (really) to flip it over and took it off where were it landed. I was behind my house over the farmers field with long grass expecting this to happen first off! 

• Like 2

What would you recommend as a 'budget' drone as quite fancy one but not sure i'd actually use it?

Obviously on other Forums the answer would be to have a full camera crew in tow and surely I have director Woo on speed dial!!

The Mavic Mini's are great, you can fly them anywhere as they're less than 250gms and you can pick up a Mini 2 for about £350 now the 3 is out. I took this pic you may recognise with my 2 when I had it! 

Lotus Ashford Emira Preview-27.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...