Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elan on Car SOS - More 4 right now! - Classic Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elan on Car SOS - More 4 right now!

Bibs

Found out at the weekend that my nephew's daughter's boyfriend works for Fuzz Townsend.  I'll have to ask him about it when I next see him.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Colonial translation, please.:welcome:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

John,

There is a UK tv show called "Car SOS". It's like Overhaulin, and people write in and tell the team about old duffers with cars that they always intended to restore or finish, but the restoration has stalled because of illness, or caring for their terminally ill parnter/child etc etc

The show is fronted by two amiable chaps: One's called Tim Shaw who's the logistics guy, and the others called Fuzz Townsend, who is the mechanic. (Fuzz used to play the drums in a Band called "Pop Will Eat Itself" back in the early 90's.)

The team turn up, steal the car from its storage place, and take it away and finish the restoration, before setting up some elaborate ruse for the unveiling of the car to the shocked and unsuspecting owner.

It's the only show on TV that makes me cry...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_SOS

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/car-sos

• Like 1

10 10 "Lotus Flowers"
Fuzz and Tim are off to Warwickshire to spruce up a 1970 Lotus Elan, whose ex-racing driver owner has a painful spinal injury that has prevented him from maintaining the vehicle.

1 hour ago, Dunc said:

It's the only show on TV that makes me cry...

For me it's the Presidential Candidates' debates.

Thanks for the explanation, Duncan.:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Any one else think the Big Si project from tlf was his inspiration for doing this program.   Its a pretty similar lay out apart from the endings !    He must have seen it on the forum.

Funnily enough when I saw the ending of the Elan one, I did think it was very similar to the BigSi ending we had. (The car handover I mean, not the him turning out to be a wally one!). 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I have to find this one on catch up, only because it's about the Elan. I really don't like this programme, there's too much fannying about from the self obsessed presenters and nowhere near enough of the important bit, the restoration.