Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 72 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

Looks good……but jeezus, your slow reveal teasers, are more drawn out than Lotus Cars own new car teasers! Just show us the bloody colour!😜😉

• Haha 1

The “colour reveal” has been going on so long I think most people have lost interest 😂

Anyway, look forward to seeing the final product. The new bodywork under the A pillars looks pretty trick and a nice design. I think the spoiler is going to be pretty marmite….

• Like 1

Really like those mirrors.  As these only use two mounting points, what do you do to cover up the extra hole further up the mounting area? (Apologies if this gives cause to repeat yourself).

@Exigo

I'm sure George won't mind me answering this on his behalf.

In reality, there are three options. 

1) Just use a small black bung in the hole, and leave the rest of the area body coloured. Like this: https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/116134-toqs-exige-orange-exige-cup-430-final-edition/#comment-974615

2) Get the hole properly filled, and the area re-painted in black. That's what George has done.

3) Cover the area in vinyl film. This is what I personally did, using some 3M matt black vinyl. https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/113447-pauls-exige-410-sport/?page=5

• Like 2

I’d have thought the best compromise to prevent stones and crap being thrown at the windscreen would be not to directly align the vent in the wheel arch liner with the vent in the clam. 

19 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I ended up adding a grill to the arch liner as this is more likely to stop any stones from going behind the arch liners and just getting stuck.  I decided to add a grill as a few people have tried them open and reported chips on the windscreen as a result.

I can report that the Cup 430 (do I need to tell that louvres are stock on the cup cars?) windshield is full of stone chips after few thousand miles. Was already fixing them two times with the UV resin. 

Do you bake the paint you're using for these?

I was contemplating repainting mine, but I was looking at removing all the pistons and seals so as not to damage them when baking the paint..