Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Cup - Register - Page 11 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Cup - Register

NANO

@MrD-- Yes Ohlin TTXs were standard on the CupR.   Can't give you a firsthand assessment of Ohlin vs Nitron on my car, but IMHO, Ohlins are a far superior alternative, if cost is of no concern.  Don't get wrong, I believe Nitron makes a good product.  I've been running their 3-way on my 2-Eleven for years.

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

On 01/01/2021 at 22:35, MrD said:

Thanks for sharing @Jack

Did all Rs come with ohlins as standard or was it an extra cost? Any insight as to how they compare against the 2 way Nitrons?

It depends on what specification TTX you get, but there's no question the Ohlins hands-down is a superior damper. I changed from the Nitrons to 'almost' CupR spec TTX in 2017 (slightly less stiff spring rate on the fronts) and haven't looked back, though I am considering making it slightly more road friendly in the future. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys, been a while since I last posted on here. Hope everyone is good and coping with the current circumstances. Barely used my V6 Cup in the last 12 months due to lockdown and when we allowed back out on track I was so busy catching up with coaching my clients I had no time to play on track myself.

Ominous start to this year too but hopefully will get more use this year - fingers crossed.

What's new, anything exciting to report anyone?

Best wishes all,

Steve

• Like 1

Good to hear from you, Steve. Hope you're well. 

I managed to get out on track a couple of times in the Lotus, and one race weekend with the Mazdas. 

Bits and pieces on the Cup front, I've been quite awful at updating my car's 'build' thread on here but posted in more part specific topics. Had my Tillett trim by B6 seat to match the rest of the interior, and got a set of BC forged wheels stacked in the house ready to go on the car this weekend. 

I had Silverstone GP day rolled over to the end of this year, but I need to get a couple more trackdays booked, hopefully one being a return to Spa.

Other than that, it's service and MOT time now, after which I have a few 'refresh' items on the list for the car, including getting the Ohlins serviced.

Stay safe!

4 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Good to hear from you, Steve. Hope you're well. 

I managed to get out on track a couple of times in the Lotus, and one race weekend with the Mazdas. 

Bits and pieces on the Cup front, I've been quite awful at updating my car's 'build' thread on here but posted in more part specific topics. Had my Tillett trim by B6 seat to match the rest of the interior, and got a set of BC forged wheels stacked in the house ready to go on the car this weekend. 

I had Silverstone GP day rolled over to the end of this year, but I need to get a couple more trackdays booked, hopefully one being a return to Spa.

Other than that, it's service and MOT time now, after which I have a few 'refresh' items on the list for the car, including getting the Ohlins serviced.

Stay safe!

Sounds interesting. What updates have done to the front end?

Which Mazda round did you do? One of the chaps I'm coaching to race in GT4's did the last round at a very wet Donington in November to get a couple of signatures on his licence. How did you get on?

Love Spa as do my clients. Although last year I only got there twice with my clients due to C19 I seem to spend more & more days coaching there. Let's hope this year allows us more Spa action!

Keep safe & well mate.

@Glynnsport Sorry Steve when I said 'front' I meant as in the subject of conversation sense. That said, I could do with renewing the PPF on the front half of the clam at some point!

I ended up doing Cadwell, where previously I was entered for Snetterton and Donington before the championship got rearranged after lockdown. A weekend to forget really - Despite me knocking on the door of the top ten with a P11 when I was there previously in '19 (actually my first ever race weekend), I couldn't find the same pace through testing and quali this time round. Culminated in me making some satisfying progress to the middle of the pack (8 overtakes in the first half of the second race) before I over egged it on an overtake, taking myself and a competitor spinning onto the grass. Both recovered to finish but way down. It was a just a case of the universe realigning itself after I was in the receiving end of a similar lunge in race 3 during my previous visit there. Unfortunately the weekend was only run in a two race format so couldn't redeem myself. Nothing like going to headmaster's office to round off a race weekend!

I'll have to share you the footage offline to keep this thread on-topic.

Take it easy!

• 2 months later...

No.        Year       Colour                               Owner

006        2013      Monaco White                  Simon Robinson

011        2013      Carbon Grey                     Jim Chan

013        2013      Pewter Grey                      Messer

021        2013      Pewter Grey                      chumaxa / xav

027        2013      Carbon Grey                     ex Patrick Kestemont

029        2014      Solar Yellow                      Simon / C1RVY

030        2013      Motorsport Green            Maldsley

034        2013      Chrome Orange                Nano

040        2013      Burnt Orange                    Drumzz

051        2014      Pewter Grey                      Farook

059        20??       Monaco White                 Van der Koiii Sportscars

060        2014      Solar Yellow                      Mike and Ike!

061        2014      Chrome Orange                Jack

069        2014      Nightfall Blue                    Waky

078        2014      Toxic Green                       Tony4147      

079        2014      Gulf Blue                           RobbieB

082        2014      Black Edition                     Bassman

083        2015      Silver                                 Morgan park Hamburg

090        2014      Burnt Orange                    Schnitzel 

093        2014      Carbon Grey                     JJD

094        2015      Black Edition                     For sale Collecting cars March 2021

095        2014      Black Edition                     Black Knight

096        2014      Isotop Green                     bruno350s     

099        2014      Monaco White                  550superfast

112        2015      Black Edition                     mcx

120        2015      Signature Orange             OrangeExige

123        2015      Elise Grey                          Glynnsport

124        2015      Black Edition                     nw942

128        2016      Metallic White                  GRP / Greg

138        2015      Canyon Red                      Arun_D

139        2016      Silver                                 Mark Williams

I almost, almost, bid on that Black Edition car. Thought it was a decent buy at 40k plus 6%. I think 'Zippy' is Targa Florio (if its not something dodgier of course) so it will re-appear there shortly at c50k is my guess. However, something just put me off about it, think it was the lack of information in the ad about what dampers it was running and the stupid red re-trim of the steering wheel.

Would've likely had to get rid of the Caterham also. 

@550superfast am off to Snetterton 29 April, will you be there?

@Gashead1105 It had the standard Nitrons from the photos from under the access cover, but yes, a lot of the accent stuff wasn't to my taste. Also what made me chuckle was the irony of 'that' quote from Colin Chapman embroidered on sides sills made heavier from the retrim. 

Anywhoo, a decent buy for someone.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys - excuse the potential newby post in the wrong location and/ or on the wrong subject but I'm hoping you maybe able to help me out. I'm a prospective V6 CUP owner and literally looked at (but didn't drive) number 006 yesterday. I've previously test driven an original V6. I found this very helpful post after a bit of googling. I wondered if you knew anything about the history of that particular car (very keen to ensure it wasn't the press car!). I'm also interested in your views on the compliance of 2 way nitrons on the road as it will predominantly be a fast road car used on the very bumpy roads of Yorkshire. I'm also looking at the Porsche GT4 981 (first world problems I know) and test drove one yesterday and the damping was simply amazing. Not that it matters but I'm coming from an e92 M3 and want something light weight for fast road use and the odd track day (once a year). The higher purchase price, running costs and reliability risks with the Porsche put me off a little as it would be a main dealer job only to maintain the warranty. Any views you guys have would be massively helpful in my searching. I like the appeal of the CUP as it's rare and believe should hold it's value and maybe also appreciate in future.

• Like 1

Hi Adam and welcome. The Cup is a fantastic choice. I highly suspect 006 was the press car, but I wouldn't let that put you off at all. It only seemed to do a handful of reviews and would have been well looked after at the factory.

I came from a couple of V6S before I got my Cup in 2015, I was very surprised by the level of compliance in the standard Nitrons. I'd go so far as to say they're suited to a typical b-road drive more than the normal Bilsteins. The GT4 would arguably be even more suited to majority road usage but the Exige I'm sure is more special, to drive and own.

Only you would be able to answer, but I'd go in with open eyes, and if the condition and history of the Cup is to your liking then I don't think you could go wrong. 

I use mine mainly for the b road stuff, the 2 ways can do more than enough there, when you change the bump setting to the sofest setting, it is very soft ... but yes, a v6 cup should give you more drama in these conditions compare to a gt4 which would be very composed. Is that the car with the komotec kit ? And yes they should go up, they have sticking around the same price for a while, and the next Lotus probably won't be such a raw car, so the cup stuff is a good investment (and anyway, more enjoyable to drive than a standard v6) 

On 15/04/2021 at 08:41, Adamist said:

Hi guys - excuse the potential newby post in the wrong location and/ or on the wrong subject but I'm hoping you maybe able to help me out. I'm a prospective V6 CUP owner and literally looked at (but didn't drive) number 006 yesterday. I've previously test driven an original V6. I found this very helpful post after a bit of googling. I wondered if you knew anything about the history of that particular car (very keen to ensure it wasn't the press car!). I'm also interested in your views on the compliance of 2 way nitrons on the road as it will predominantly be a fast road car used on the very bumpy roads of Yorkshire. I'm also looking at the Porsche GT4 981 (first world problems I know) and test drove one yesterday and the damping was simply amazing. Not that it matters but I'm coming from an e92 M3 and want something light weight for fast road use and the odd track day (once a year). The higher purchase price, running costs and reliability risks with the Porsche put me off a little as it would be a main dealer job only to maintain the warranty. Any views you guys have would be massively helpful in my searching. I like the appeal of the CUP as it's rare and believe should hold it's value and maybe also appreciate in future.

Having similar bumpy roads in the Cotswolds where I live , I can say the 2 ways on my previous 380 were fine at legal speeds, but could not cope at higher speeds.   Often the car would be air borne.   I did play with settings but never found a suitable compromise of ride vs handling.  

On smooth roads it was epic. 

My Evora 400 was better suited to fast use on bumpy roads and more comparable to Cayman , but even better IMHO. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 24/04/2021 at 19:51, Bandit said:

Evening all, I’m on the lookout for a V6 Cup so if anyone is thinking of selling, feel free to DM me 🙂

Hey Paul,

Link to #6 here:

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-exige-v6-cup-limited-edition-komotec-410-upgrade-very-low-mileage-full-history-excellent-condition/

Also I saw a comment suggesting  #13 moving on again in a post I saw the FB Exige V6 group but haven't seen an ad.

@Adamist apologies, it looks like #20 was the press car, judging by the photo in this article. I'd edit my previous post in reply to you for future accuracy but can't, so will leave this here:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/lotus-exige-cup-review/29286

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/29286/LotusExigeSCup_16-L.jpg

3 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Hey Paul,

Link to #6 here:

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-exige-v6-cup-limited-edition-komotec-410-upgrade-very-low-mileage-full-history-excellent-condition/

Also I saw a comment suggesting  #13 moving on again in a post I saw the FB Exige V6 group but haven't seen an ad.

Thank you Arun👍🏻(Sorry, thought I’d already replied to this but it disappeared)

Seen the white one and it’s not really my preferred colour plus I’d like a standard (ish) one.

No13 is indeed for sale at Central Lotus for £50k, dealer won’t move on the price, it’s now on 6 owners plus it’s had some odd mods done.

So I’m still on the lookout for one so if anyone is considering selling 🙂

• Like 1

@Bandit Indeed Paul some bits on the Pewter car I'd prefer were standard, plus it's another one that's had a KT power mod. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems examples erring more towards standard  are getting hard to find. Not that I can talk, when it comes to mods.

3 hours ago, Arun_D said:

That plate, V6 CUP, is slightly intriguing. According to the .gov’s MoT History site, it has never been on an Exige:

https://cazana.com/uk/car/V6CUP

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

17 hours ago, Arun_D said:

@Bandit Indeed Paul some bits on the Pewter car I'd prefer were standard, plus it's another one that's had a KT power mod. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems examples erring more towards standard  are getting hard to find. Not that I can talk, when it comes to mods.

I thought that the pewter Cup (No.13)  was a standard car from an engine perspective? no Komotec upgrade etc

The white Cup up for sale with WillB has a Komotec upgrade

Edited by Tony4147

On 27/04/2021 at 10:52, Messer said:

No13 (my old one) was totally standard. There is another pewter that got quite a few mods.

Mine has some mod yes, but you must be talking about the one which had loads of mods and got sold for 52k ? ...