Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Cup - Register - Page 12 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Cup - Register

NANO

Thanks for the the info guys really useful. We test drove an exige 380 sport and the engine, brakes and overall experience was stunning. The standard bilstein suspension was absolutely bobbins though. Not enough compliance and you felt like you were fighting the car at high speed - some may call that a feature but I'd have to sort that out. The brakes deserve a special mention though, way more progressive and easier to modulate than the GT4. Also the engine note surprised me, there was very little noise below 4k but above that all hell breaks loose, it was epic.

Having done some research I think the Evora might be a smart choice and I understand the suspension is much better as standard @DJW your comments were very helpful. I'd kind of dismissed it as boring or flabby but seems I've misjudged it. I've seen a few 410 sports but they seem to be getting snapped up pretty quickly. With all the carbon they look lovely.

• Like 1

If your budget stretches the GT410 have come down a fair bit now second hand and more chance of normal seats.  That would be my choice if I was looking now 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted one way Nitrons in their ‘fast road’ spec to my 380 Sport’ (actually fitted and set up by Back on Track in Guildford) was immediately happy with the change vs standard Bilstein suspension - in standard settings you get a lovely flowing suspension feeling on the road. 2 clicks up (meaningful difference) and you have fantastic control on track and still an improvement on road damping quality vs stock.

Was running with a 430 Cup and 410 Sport and didn’t feel I was missing anything in the corners vs their 3 way Nitrons.

• 4 weeks later...

Taking the Cup on track for the my first time.

I'm after some advice re tyres, Trofeo R's fitted, the rears are down to 2mm, I have available a new pair of rears that I can have fitted if needed, would I be better fitting the new rears or using the existing rear for the trackday? 

Note, the trackday is a track evening so runs will be a lot less than if it were all day

Also what pressures should I be looking at on track?

3 hours ago, Tony4147 said:

I have available a new pair of rears that I can have fitted if needed

Also, ideally, try and get a couple of heat cycles into the new tyres before you use them in anger for the first time. Their performance and life will be significantly improved if you do. 

• 1 month later...

Did the TD with my old Trofeo and just had the new ones fitted to the rear. Regarding heat cycle, any advice of a way of doing this on normal roads, ie country roads / mway? How long for etc

• 2 months later...

Just drive them gently warm when they are new, then let them cool down. After that they are run in and will last a lot longer, at the cost of slightly less performance. For example when you would start the trackday on brand new tyres, they would give incredible performance for 5 laps, then quickly start to degrade. When you run them in before you will have a less steep degradation over the following laps. 

Glad I decided to keep mine 4 years ago, as I see now it will be the last of an era. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ideally a long private road or test track is the best place to bed brakes in properly. As that's unlikely for most of us then 3am on quiet roads might be your best bet 🤔🤪

Arun, just out of interest, how many of us on here are the original owners of their car? 

@Arun_D Steve It's only you and I  as far I know, certainly in the UK.

Gosh I'm surprised by that 🤔

So what do we think values might do now on our Cup cars with the final EXIGE production done & the new Emira - Which looks lovely but is somewhat heavy compared with the DNA Lotus have aimed for historically? 

Artificially brightened up the above video--first time using the new version of I-Movie, sorry. 🤪

https://youtu.be/WwfHPxv9jwk

Edited by Bravo73
Embedded vid
  • Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

• 2 months later...

Thoughts/Advice please - I'm sadly going to part with my V6 Cup car having owned it since new. It's difficult to do it because not only are they great cars but this was a little special having been specced specifically by Russell Gibbons the Lotus Motorsport Head at the time so it has a few unique features to it.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether best to let a Lotus dealer sell it or to try privately? Any thoughts & advice would be much appreciated on the best way forward Ie: Where/When etc...  Thanks chaps.

Best,

Steve

On 20/02/2022 at 08:39, Glynnsport said:

Thoughts/Advice please - I'm sadly going to part with my V6 Cup car having owned it since new. It's difficult to do it because not only are they great cars but this was a little special having been specced specifically by Russell Gibbons the Lotus Motorsport Head at the time so it has a few unique features to it.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether best to let a Lotus dealer sell it or to try privately? Any thoughts & advice would be much appreciated on the best way forward Ie: Where/When etc...  Thanks chaps.

Best,

Steve

Hi Steve, dropped you a message on here about your car! 

Pete

Sad news, Steve. That's just me as the sole original UK Cup car owner (if you do go down the for-sale route).

Gary @550superfast paint colour and interior spec mostly (the latter I used as inspiration for mine, which was next to be built)

On 20/02/2022 at 08:39, Glynnsport said:

Best,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Definitely sell privately, it will go in seconds, these cars don't go for sale very often. Got any pics?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What tyres are owners recommending for V6S Cup, currently Trofeo R fitted but Pirelli have informed me that they are no longer manufacturing the fronts, Cup2 seem to be practically impossible to get hold off at the moment, recommendations?
Mainly road use with the odd track day