Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1982 Lotus Turbo Esprit - Essex Blue (RHD) - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1982 Lotus Turbo Esprit - Essex Blue (RHD)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you contact Andy graham at lotus he should be able to inform you of the original spec and other useful information. £40 for the certificate of provenance and other info. Well worth the money 

p.s car looks lovely 

Thanks for the help, and thank you. these pictures are a bit old. i will be posting current pictures of the car after i get it all cleaned out and up in the air

thanks again

It's the best year for it :)

Chassis number is 56 after mine, so built sometime after July 1982 - but it has the old style indicators, mine has the newer ones.

First registered 19 Nov 1982. Last taxed in the UK in 1988

Look forward to some more pictures and reading about your progress.

Chris

yes i will be posting as i go.

Is their a way to see how many esprit turbo cars came in blue (A16)  from Hethel

This car does have a overhead radio console on the ceiling as well. was that a factory option from lotus or a modification a previous owner made? i only ask that because their is obviously a radio on the dash that just doesn't look like it fits properly. as you can see in the picture above. 

connor

• Gold FFM

Connor you really don't want a worthless roof stereo, wrap it up and send it over here to me. 

:o

looks like a great project someone has obviously had a go at an Essex Rep, oh and yes roof stereo a very expensive option but as I say they are worthless today. 

Good luck 

Danny 

also well worth joining the forum

Interesting....it seems younger than mine....WRU 295 X...which isn't an "Essex" although was painted in Essex blue. I'm away from mu records at the moment, so can't give chapter and verse.

Have fun with the restoration...(!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Conni82 said:

Is their a way to see how many esprit turbo cars came in blue (A16)  from Hethel

Yes, this is what you want http://www.lotuscars.com/ownership/certificate-provenance

It should tell you how many cars came in your colour in 1982. I've found if you ask a specific question - i.e. how many in total were A12 - Andy will try his best to answer you.

Chris

• 3 months later...

Great to see another 82' being restored...mine is currently undergoing a full nut/bolt restore and is 16 cars before yours.

Will be following progress with great interest.

Latest progress pics of mine below.

Richard

5BC45129-220F-4A71-A5F2-93A332A04D85.JPG

AC3C3666-34D1-4EE2-BE4C-2C7775F7DCA4.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 years later...