Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red Turbo Esprit recommission project - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red Turbo Esprit recommission project

10 minutes ago, top-plumber said:

Sorry fella, can't have them balls aching. I will see what I can do. ?

Ha, ha!

You're a doing a cracking job there Wayne, so much in such a short time, it's positively astonishing, and encouraging, too. My other half would have all my clobber thrown out on the doorstep for me if I spent that much time in the garage!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Michelle actually refurbished this coil and amplifier mounting case. ?IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

I know you are busting for me to ask.... SWMBO?? 

Strange Woman Mad Beyond Others?

Coming home this morning. 

IMG_1496.JPG

• Like 2

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

HaHa  Wayne,,  I thought every one knew that one,  She Who Must Be Obeyed ,  or however you spell it lol.  

Wayne the paint job  looks stunning mate, bet your chuffed to bits with it, I would be  :thumbup:  Bet you cant wait to start refitting things ,  The only thing wrong now is that new paint job makes your outer alloy wheel rims look less bling,  p.s have you glued or drawn on alloy rim bolts on your front BBS wheels......do i sense someone wanting to turn to the dark side and fit compomotives ....:P

Well pleased for you Wayne and look forward to more pics :thumbup:

• Like 1

A

On 11/01/2017 at 19:11, top-plumber said:

only problem with hi res picture is it makes you look older! Car looks great

IMG_1482.JPG

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Thanks Ian, I used to like Pete but it seems he doesn't want my sage advise about his car any longer.

To think I was going to sought out his fuel tanks for him.. pffttt..?

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, silverfrost said:

HaHa  Wayne,,  I thought every one knew that one,  She Who Must Be Obeyed ,  or however you spell it lol.  

Wayne the paint job  looks stunning mate, bet your chuffed to bits with it, I would be  :thumbup:  Bet you cant wait to start refitting things ,  The only thing wrong now is that new paint job makes your outer alloy wheel rims look less bling,  p.s have you glued or drawn on alloy rim bolts on your front BBS wheels......do i sense someone wanting to turn to the dark side and fit compomotives ....:P

Well pleased for you Wayne and look forward to more pics :thumbup:

One of the wheels had those black dots penned on. Thought it was a bit unusual. I will be sticking with the originals but will probably diamond cut the rims and powder coat the gold. 

IMG_1497.JPG

Nice job on the lights Wayne,  The alloys will spot on diamond cut :thumbup:,  Have you bought the esprit turbo decals and stripes yet or are you holding off till the last minute :)

A

On 15/01/2017 at 02:36, silverfrost said:

Nice job on the lights Wayne,  The alloys will spot on diamond cut :thumbup:,  Have you bought the esprit turbo decals and stripes yet or are you holding off till the last minute :)

Holding off at the moment. I have both the parts manual and the service manual but can find the width of the twin stripes at the door seal height. Also the side decals were 116mm high I think but the nose was larger 160mm springs to mind. Anyone know for sure? 

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

On 09/01/2017 at 20:35, Barrykearley said:

Did you rip the silver trims off then ? I'm just keen to get it painted nicely.

theres also a trim thing going over the roof, by the removable bit by the top of the door, are they available

Just seen this fella. The capping rail trims are at SJ's £14.00 each. Bastard job though. ?

• Like 1

IMG_5192.JPGhave both the parts manual and the service manual but can find the width of the twin stripes at the door seal height. Also the side decals were 116mm high I think but the nose was larger 160mm springs to mind. Anyone know for sure? 

Sorry - just noticed the previous post so please ignore this one!?

Wayne 

What are you doing about the outer weather strips on the doors ? Your photos have them removed, only ask as i want to replace some but the only thing i can find on the sj site lists them at 70 quid each, which made me think they must be called something different as that price seems very high for that part ?

A

7 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Wayne 

What are you doing about the outer weather strips on the doors ? Your photos have them removed, only ask as i want to replace some but the only thing i can find on the sj site lists them at 70 quid each, which made me think they must be called something different as that price seems very high for that part ?

I have stripped them down and repainted and resealed the rubbers. Just drill out the rivets and strip then back to metal. If the back plate is badly corroded make a new one out of strip ally from B&Q. Did exactly that on my S4. I will find a picture. 

• Like 1

On 19/01/2017 at 14:47, silverfrost said:

Wayne 

I have stripped them down and repainted and resealed the rubbers. Just drill out the rivets and strip then back to metal. If the back plate is badly corroded make a new one out of strip ally from B&Q. Did exactly that on my S4. I will find a picture. 

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

Tanks back in and new fuel pump and filter with new fuel hoses throughout. 

I decided to put the original foam back on the tanks as the had been painted with the POR 15 which is going to keep the moisture away from the metal.

freaking cold out there today even with the heaters on. Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Wayne

Top Job Wayne coming along nicely and very quickly i might add :thumbup: And some pics of the weather strips would be great, would be intrested to see what you did with them.

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@top-plumber - rivets - little ones for the trim - where did you get yours from??? 

Barry if you mean the little silver rivets for the silver roof trim, SJ supplies them :)

A

6 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Top Job Wayne coming along nicely and very quickly i might add :thumbup: And some pics of the weather strips would be great, would be intrested to see what you did with them.

Barry if you mean the little silver rivets for the silver roof trim, SJ supplies them :)throughout. 

Got them from B&Q actually. If it's short notice they are quite good for bolts and washers etc. I used the 3mm rivets. 

Wayne

• Like 1

Tanks are back in and looking good. New hose has arrived for the vent pipe and the rear tailgate seal. Have also had the new decals delivered. Very helpful fella called Alan from decalfever.com

Got 116mm for the sides and 160mm for the nose. 30mm double stripes for the sides also. 

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

• Like 2

I've also just got some decals off Alan for my '81 turbo. Doesn't your '84 have the larger 160mm decals as standard with the thicker stripes on the sides Wayne? The '85 model has the smaller 116mm and the thin pinstripes on the sides.

• Like 1

Great news Wayne on the decals, will have a look at that chaps site,  good work on the tanks also. :thumbup:   Building airfix model planes as a kid, it was always sticking on the tranfers i used to most look forward to, well second to glueing the pilot in and glass canopy on. :blush: But turbo esprit decals are going to look the bomb, I would be proper excited fitting those decals  :thumbup:

• Like 2

A